Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favourite premade households to play with

AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
I never play with premades but there's been so much talk about premades lately in the forums that I am feeling tempted to. I want to start a save where I play (only premades) on rotation. Not all of them of course, since there are a lot by now if you have most of the packs, but a fair amount.

I was wondering who do you guys enjoy playing the most or who did you enjoy playing in the past and why. Maybe this helps me narrow down the households. Ideally I'd like to play with 8 or 10 premade households to start with.

I'd give them makeovers but only superficial, not with cas.fulleditmode. What makeovers did you do to premades that you feel proud of? I'd love to see pictures of this for inspiration!

Also, did you try to age up/down any of the households?

Please just share any fun stuff in general about your favourite premades :)

I'll start my save this weekend!

Edit to add: Please also let me know who has good genes and makes good looking sims ;)
Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
All my creations are CC free.

Comments

• Options
    zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    I don't normally play with premades as I like to play sims I have created, however I do tend to befriend a lot of them!
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    I never have played with any. But i do want to some day for me the most appealing are the Goth’s and the Pancakes. I have given some makeovers like Bella and Nina and Dina
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited April 2019
    I don't play with premades much either, but there are a few that I have grown quite attached to since they have become a part of my main sim's lives and story, so I hope you don't mind me pitching in! I have quite a soft spot for Maaike Haas since she invited my good vampire sim to join the Avant Gardes. They're a quirky bookish bunch and so he fits right in and has made good friends with all of them. Teen Yuki Behr is probably my favourite though since she's so cute and geeky. My vampire sim has sort of taken her under his wing and always helps her out with homework. She will probably start working with him in his book shop once she's old enough and then maybe become a Tech Guru. I also really love her colourful sister DJ Candy, and the Hecking and the Delgato family. My vampire sim is especially good friends with Supriya Delgato as they'e both intellectual types and currently hard-working stay-at-home parents in Brindleton Bay. They often arrange toddler play dates or go off to the spa for some well deserved relaxation and 'wellness' time and leave their husbands to it. Supriya is also an aspiring vet and will probably persuade my sim to 'foster' a stray kitten at some point that my sims will reluctantly bond with and end up adopting themselves. Brant and Brent Hecking are such a sweet couple too and really good neighbours to my own sim couple.

Of course I also love the classics like the Goths, Pancakes, Calientes etc. They give me so much nostalgia and it's fun to see how their stories can change. I always like to add Bob and Eliza's toddler Iggy from the gallery. Other premade households I find interesting include the Villareals, Bjergsens, Bros, and Vatores. Aspiring actress Venessa Jeong is really cute too.
  • Options
    basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    I play with 95% of the premades. Some of my favorites are the Goths, Pancakes, Calientes and Don, Catarina Lynx, Summer Holiday, J Huntington, and Marcus Flex.

In my new save, I aged Cassandra Goth down to child and deleted Alexander. I also gave them makeovers so they look like their Sims 1 versions. The Calientes and Don also look like their Sims 2 versions and I made Michael Bachelor to marry Dina.
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    The Villareal, hands down.

I like acting out in my game, so when GT was announced I instantly got attached to the Renegades. Don't breed them with each other, though, it's a very dangerous genetic roulette.

Of all the Renegades' families I like the Villareal best, because they inspire me to give them lots of different backgrounds and see how it plays out. Sometimes Hugo and Luna are twins, sometimes not, sometimes Jacques with his Knights of the Hedge is extremely powerful (de-facto owning the town and being an internationally active secret society), then other times he is just a jolly cosplayer. Jacques also reminds me a bit of Sidney James (from the Carry on shows), so he's got that going for him, too.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I like playing the Pancakes, the Vatores, Diego Lobo, and Thorne Bailey the most. I have played a bit with most of the others, but usually it’s because they become friends with my Sim (and I want to give them a bit of a story too) or they marry into the family.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I've started a ten-household rotation that is mostly premades: Katrina Caliente and J Huntington, Malcolm Landgraab and Morgan Fyres, and Cassandra Goth and Don Lothario are the first families I've put in, but I'm also adding the Newbies from The Sims and the Curious Brothers (and daughter) from TS2. I have plans for a Sim from TS3 as well, plus some more pre-made couples.
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I never played premades then one day I decided to shake things up a bit and start a premade only game. I am enjoying it quite a bit. I give them small makeovers over time but I do not change their traits. I also try to stay true to there backstories with the occasional twist here and there. So far my favorite story to play has been Johnny Zest and the Lanadgraabs. They just have an interesting rich history.

I have not played Bella Goth yet. I am looking forward to exploring the mystery.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited April 2019
    Hmmm...I don't really play with default premades, I might see them in town but that's about it. Honestly, I haven't been the biggest fan of them since TS2 (they're stories still get me hooked <3).

But! I have found a weird interest in Maxis gallery premades. Sebastian Santos is probably my most favorite within the gallery. I always find myself using him in my legacies (he's just so adorable <3) and it's also fun to see him in the game's news channel :lol: .

Also since they've released and added some of my favorite TS2 premades, I've started to open up to gallery premades.

Also I really like complete overhaul saves from modders, it really feels as if I'm playing a completely different game <3
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I don’t typically play with the entire premade households. Exceptions are the Villareals and the Fyres. I actually really enjoy those Sims.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Here's a really good premade save file from Jenba-sims! It's a real breathe of fresh air when you've been through the same sims over and over again.
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    @Dreamie209 that save looks stunning!! Thank you for sharing. It looks like Jenba-sims put a lot of time and work into that save.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I don't play premades often, but I played with a few of the families throughout my saves. I think it can be fun and you should go with the households that speak to you most. Perhaps chose one household from each residential world or perhaps chose some of the singles whose offspring you would like to see?

These are the ones I played, because I liked something about them:
    The Pancakes: Improving their relationship is a lot of work, but was rewarding. Bob joined the Powerhouse club and got really buff and they had 3 kids. Their offspring can end up looking unfortunate, but their eldest son Peter was pretty cute. He became an astronaut, moved to San Myshuno with his wife and started a family.
    Diego Lobo: Diego reconnected with his Selvadoradian roots (I decided that's where his family was originally from) and also dated a guy from his hometown for a while. But then he fell in love with his gym trainer in San Myshuno and after a turbulent romance they got married. Diego's hot-headedness made it quite the challenge. Because his husband loves the outdoors they compromised and moved out of the penthouse into the Old Salthouse, so Deshawn can do some gardening outside and has a fishing spot near-by. They also adopted a little girl that is growing up very happy.
    The Fyres: In one save I broke Moira and Dominic up because my Sim and him really got along. Moira and the girls moved out in that save and Dominic and my Sim Beverly Hills had two girls. In another save I just played the family for a while. I really like Dominic and the daughters. Dominic is actually my favourite premade. His face is so expressive.
    I didn't even notice him in this shot until after I took it. It was supposed to be about the passionate kiss in the background, but Dominic is just totally breaking the 4th wall and it cracks me up every time I look at it. :D
    zoeT4TB.jpg
    Johnny Zest: Fulfilled his dream of becoming a Comedian because he always made me sad. Then he got married to a cute townie and had a couple of daughters with her.
    And then I played a few of the single Sims, because they ended up in relationships with one of my Sims.
    Paolo Rocca: My Sim Janessa fell in love with him and they got married. I gave him a slight makeover, but they had some really adorable kids. I will most likely play with their daughter Joanna, make her an actress.
    Travis Scott: Similar story to Paolo actually. He also got a makeover and he caught one of my Sim's eye and they got married and had two sons.

Oh, and in one save my Sim Dean cloned Bella Goth, because he was obsessed with her and he is a scientist. (Although that didn't really work with the cloning device, so I made a younger "twin" in CAS.) Helena and Dean had a rocky start, but now they have two boys and visit a lot with the original Goths. Also Alexander moved out to live with another Sim of mine. It is nice to have such a big family in the save, spread amongst several households.

That's all of them, I think. Now that I have written all of this down, I am wondering who actually cares about the details. But whatever. :D
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    michelei wrote: »
    @Dreamie209 that save looks stunning!! Thank you for sharing. It looks like Jenba-sims put a lot of time and work into that save.

No problem. It truly is an amazing save file. I used it in my seasons' story on my tumblr (which I finally have to get back too soon lol) and you can just feel the stories in all of her premades and the beautiful new builds are just awesome.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I've played with a lot of premades sometimes that only includes a little make over and popping in to get someone pregnant to keep the population going. However that's only because I don't always leave them in the background and they get so much attention, so from that I had to shorten a bit.

One of my favorites was the Pancakes, at first I didn't have much interest in them they were just together because I didn't bother as back when ts4 was really new there was a glitch or rather the system was too strong. Sims didn't just make friends when you rotated they could develop relationships and they always cheated on one another, they actually got better when mccc came out. I gave them a chance and started with trying for a baby which was the tip for Bob to start working on his life. He tried harder at work started working out it was the easiest way to give Eliza alone time, story wise. They didn't truly enjoy and come to appreciate their married life until they had children. He eventually bought a bakery for Eliza learning her interests leading to their eldest's wedding day they were completely attached at the hip. Though I lost the save to corruption things were finally as they should have been.

Of course the Goths, I've mixed things around letting Bella cheat or stay faithful I think my favorite was when Cassandra moved out and her "inheritance" was getting her own vet clinic she had a long life with Diego Lobo and spent a lot of time with her family he was welcomed in. Bella and Mortimer made it about till their eldest grandchild was meant to have a child Cassandra died though as the dryer glitched, the fire was put out but it came back right on top of her before she even got into the room and she had to go to fix the glitches in the house Grim showed up but didn't take her properly. They are also being used in another family a semi legacy mcc has spread out their family and one of their youngest married in things are better for them there. Though Cassie cheated on her husband mccc can help fill out the blanks when you aren't sure what to do next.

Next ah...

I actually use the Vatores and Vlad a lot, in one save currently Caleb and his wife are expecting I think and he's raising his teenage niece as his sister died somehow and was culled before I put mccc back in. In the other she was paired with Raj and Caleb's family is whole save for his first born who was born to another woman. Vlad makes a good father, this time mostly unedited and he's close to his wife. Brytani one of the premade celebs I have way too many stories for either of them.

Aside from that, the bff household can be fun...that's another Vlad story actually Liberty was once his wife after Travis and Summer hooked up. A love triangle can split up or be encouraged just for the drama, I have also seen Travis paired with Gunther munch in that game Summer was their surrogate and ended up with Johnny Zest who I realize I use a decent amount too not too many recent stories to choose from.

In Brindleton I made the Delgatos 'crazy' like the family from a typical slasher film, without using any mods I can't mention it was more psychological. They pushed Summer to marry the youngest son at the time they had two other kids aside from their premade children. If she didn't they were prepared to do away with her she was frail just saw Travis and Liberty together she had no one and they played on that they were allowed to move out but the family was always watching.

This is getting kind of long so I'll just add I like the Heckings, and Catarina Lynx and I mention them way too often but they are both part of my oldest family, which has kept going since...well not long after we first got Cats and Dogs that one I could ramble on about forever.

The point is I'd say start small, pick on something and go from that that usually gets me going sims can change a lot even without mods. I have aged down Mortimer before so he and Bella were the same age which led to me making their last day together as special as I could I can't remember now if I've done that for more.

Okay that's enough happy simming. :)
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Right now in my rotation are the offsprings of Lothario, Goth, Flex, Rosoya, and Huntington.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I've been playing the same save file since 2015 and have gone through almost all the premades. I say "almost" because while I have played with them all I haven't spent enough time with certain ones to really feel like I know them.

Anyways, the households I've enjoyed the most are the BFFs, Calientes, Landgraabs, Fyres, and Zest.

BFFs: First premade household I played with and I played out the storyline in their bio. Threw in another love interest for Travis that was good friends with Summer, and who didn't like Liberty. Everything was a mess until Liberty and Travis somehow got together after his ex dumped him and Summer moved in with her boyfriend.

Caliente: Messy drama here. Interestingly Dina wanted nothing to do with Don despite his advances. Don got Nina pregnant and Katrina kicked him out.

Landgraabs: Nancy and Geoffrey got divorced, Geoffrey married his long-time flame, and Johnny Zest was welcomed back into the family. Geoffrey and his new wife adopted three girls. Malcolm moved in with his mother who is now living in San Myshuno.

Fyres: There was a serious conflict between the Renegades and Paragons that put a strain on Morgan and Siobhan's relationship as sisters. Thanks to Morgan's efforts the two are on better terms. Siobhan married Serigo and is living in the Bro's household with him in the meantime. Dominic died of anger somehow when I wasn't playing their household, so Moira moved to Brindleton Bay to start fresh. She also adopted a pupper. Morgan remained in Windenburg, moving in with her good friend Ulrike.

Zest: Johnny reached the top of the Comedian branch and became famous. He married one of my sims and together they are raising their twins and adopted daugther.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    The Goth and Vlad are the only ones that I keep in every game. I don't usually play premades but I'll play the Goth's the most. I briefly played the Caliente's and the Vatore's. I think the only other one I've played was Vanessa Jeong (?) Because I wanted her to be one of my sims baby momma.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Vlad is my all time favorite from all the games. George Cahill is my second favorite because if you change his beard and hair he looks like George Carlin.
  • Options
    zefronzefron Posts: 157 Member
    the calientes are hands down my favorite to play.
    honorable mentions include:
    • partihaus
    • the goths
    • the fyres
    • the rasoyas
    • the villareals
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    edited April 2019
    Partihaus is fun for single sims. Haven't played the Goths much yet, but they're classic and I just love Bella. Like the Fyres; Morgan is adorable. I also enjoy the Spencer-Kim-Lewis household, if you're looking for a bit of a challenge. The Vatores for sure. In my Main Save Caleb is on his second marriage to a townie and raising his twin girls from his previous marriage.
    AYqfyp0.png

Bjergsen are also wonderful. The simself of my brother married Sofia. I fell in love with Clara and Bjorn so much I couldn't let them die the first time they were supposed to, so I used the potion of youth (or whatever it's called in this version of The Sims) and kept them around to meet their grandkids.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I've currently started a save where I play rotational with the pre-mades. I don't usually play them. So far I've been playing with Spencer-Kim which I love, Goths, Pancakes they just had a baby girl, I aged down Dirk Dreamer to teen and created his dad as well as Dustin Broke and created Brandy and Beau since they made the Pleasant family so I'm gonna have Dirk date Lilith and Dustin date Angela. The Landgraab family but I haven't done much with them yet. I also had Heckling adopt a boy. But that's it so far. There are still a few I wanna try out so I'm playing with aging off.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I haven't played any premade families so far in my game. I've been thinking I might play the Goth family soon.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Love premades! Landgraabs are my favorite.

In my game: Johnny Zest was bitten by a vampire so he lost memories. Geoff finds him and invites him back to the family. Johnny brings his girlfriend Summer Holiday. Summer and Nancy hate each other. They do worse and worse things to each other. Resulting in summer flirting with Geoff. Geoff pushes her away, even though with them both loving people and being nice, they are truly soul mates.

Nancy walks in and sends summer and Johnny to live in the Landgraab penthouse. Johnny is angry with Summer and ends up in vampire bar where he, again, loses his memory. Johnny goes roaming around in Outdoor Retreat land.

Summer, feeling likes she’s abandoned, is unhappy and goes to a festival. There she meets Malcolm (who just became a young adult). Always being jealous of his brother, woo hoo’s with summer and she becomes pregnant. They get married.

Johnny returns but can’t remember anything. He learned how to make herbs, and cow plants. Nancy finds him and tells Malcolm. They buy cow plants to keep Nancy young and sell to others.

Geoff finds out and is furious that Nancy didn’t tell him about his son. This leads to a divorce. Geoff finds Summer and they move to Brindleton Bay.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Awesome! Thank you so much for all the recommendations.
    So far, some of the households I didn't expect to see mentioned that much have been talked about quite a bit like the Fyres and Johnny Zest + Laandgraabs.
    I think I'm starting to build some sort of list on my head, but please keep your great insight coming :)
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.