Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should my sim marry a man or woman?

AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
My sim Skyler will be a young adult soon, but I don’t know who I want her to marry. Originally I was going to have her marry her mother’s best friend’s son Lloyd, but now I’m not so sure what to do since she seems better matched with girls, especially her new girlfriend Tara. What do I do? (Edit: I should mention Skyler likes both genders, so it’s not necessarily conversion)
F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
Post edited by AriaMad2 on

Should my sim marry a man or woman? 68 votes

Have her marry Lloyd
23%
Bagoas77mock68BluelleLissyK9AlbaWaterhousefiercephoenix91SavvySimmieChazzzyEmmyGeeEvie0602ListentoToppDoggBradyGalaxyMrSunshineGordySimAlexandriaWeedity 16 votes
Have her marry a woman (presumably Tara?)
76%
icmnfrshMeteoraStormStrangerthanMagdaleenaLadyDecafzagboorulesAmj1995N0NoTToN0Nirishluck1986LustianiciaJennyggSimplyJentaydevduhboy2u2LolaLuvsSimsjheyjuneicenotasmokealarm09blueyblueskyDawnyBear0CourtneyViolet 52 votes

Comments

• Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    Why not both?

Or marry her to Lloyd and have an affair with Tara (or vice versa)
  • LibertyTheFreeLibertyTheFree Posts: 234 Member
    Well if there's already a relationship then you should try keep on with it.
    AxxYIX4.png
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    For me to go gay for my sims, I need them to be really serious about it. I don't like to randomly decide 'Oh hey let's be gay'. That seems strange to me. If you feel she would fit a gay type of sim, then I'd say yes, If you want it for 'exploring herself', then maybe give it a go to. But i wouldn't do it, just because. For me it takes the realism out of the game and get's me bored, cause I feel I screwed up a story line.
  • Smoky1967Smoky1967 Posts: 41 Member
    From what you've said about your sim, it seems the relationship with Lloyd is somewhat forced and her relationship with Tara is moving along more organically and smoothly. That being said, your sim has already made her decision of who she is. I hope everything works out for her. I also think Lloyd could be a terrific lifelong friend. Ultimately, you must do what feels right to you in gameplay. Happy Simming!!!
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited March 2019
    Smoky1967 wrote: »
    From what you've said about your sim, it seems the relationship with Lloyd is somewhat forced and her relationship with Tara is moving along more organically and smoothly. That being said, your sim has already made her decision of who she is. I hope everything works out for her. I also think Lloyd could be a terrific lifelong friend. Ultimately, you must do what feels right to you in gameplay. Happy Simming!!!

Couldn't have put it better myself. :) Follow your heart on this one.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Have her marry the one she has the strongest relationship with.
  • Marycool33Marycool33 Posts: 151 Member
    when in doubt pick woman. always woman
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    edited March 2019
    She already has a relationship going with Tara. If it were me playing, I wouldn’t force her with someone else when she already has a good relationship going.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I would say stick with what seems most organic (in this instance Tara), but maybe she and Lloyd later in life develop a romantic interest in one another since they've been good friends for such a long time.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    Have her marry Lloyd
    I want to say Lloyd, because I think the idea behind him is cute. Plus, what's stopping them from having an open relationship and allowing Skyler to have matches with girls?

But then again, Tara. I sense a good theme with her. Tara = Terra (Land) and Skyler (Sky.) Land and sky, opposing yet complimentary concepts. It just fits really well.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Scarbo27Scarbo27 Posts: 125 Member
    I dunno. Just let your sim pick whoever she wants to marry. She'll have a whim to do romantic interactions with one of those sims eventually. Choose whoever she wants to do those interactions with first.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    If it seems more right.. that's what I'd go with. If her and Tara just get along autonomously better it seems more of a match.
    egTcBMc.png
  • MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member
    Have her marry Lloyd
    I chose Lloyd because of the possibility of perfectly arranged marriage story, but how about the third route, when lloyd and tara get together?
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    My sim Skyler will be a young adult soon, but I don’t know who I want her to marry. Originally I was going to have her marry her mother’s best friend’s son Lloyd, but now I’m not so sure what to do since she seems better matched with girls, especially her new girlfriend Tara. What do I do?

Why does she have to get married at all and, especially, so young?
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    My sim Skyler will be a young adult soon, but I don’t know who I want her to marry. Originally I was going to have her marry her mother’s best friend’s son Lloyd, but now I’m not so sure what to do since she seems better matched with girls, especially her new girlfriend Tara. What do I do?

Why does she have to get married at all and, especially, so young?
    It’s not that I want her to marry super young, it’s that I’d like to know what I’m doing at the time I decide to get her married. I hope that makes sense-
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Have her marry Lloyd
    I voted for Lloyd just because I like the idea of 2 longterm friends that have their kids marry each other.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Hmmm I'm a sucker for the longterm bestie becoming a husband (well technically it's the story of my life :lol: ). But in this case I'd actually go with whoever she'd actually rather be with. Usually, that's what I do for my heirs.

Also as another person suggested, why not have her date one for a while? If it doesn't feel right, have her marry the other.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I mean if she already hs a girlfriend I wuld assume she'd marry her girlfriend, less you having second thoughts or it seems there may be some chemistry to be explored with Llyod.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2019
    Have her marry Lloyd
    You should have her marry the man and carry on an extramarital affair with the woman.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    when I can't decide about this kind of stuff, I look at their whims.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I usually let the flow of my storyline and character histories make decisions like these for me. Failing that, if it’s a minor character/sim, MCCC takes over.

If I was in your shoes, and I was torn, I’d probably decide she wasn’t ready to marry either.
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    You could always make them poly!

However, if you don’t see a poly relationship with your sims, I vote for her to marry a woman since that sims to be where she is heading as a sim.