Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have transgender sims?

Comments

• mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    No, I haven't, but I view some Sims as trans like Darling from City Living
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    SimmerBoi wrote: »
    I actually made Yuki Behr into a MTF and she's gorgeous.

Ooh nice! I wanna see!!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    @Magdaleena You're awesome BTW. Also wanted to say though that I think Einarr looks quite good with the long hair and looks so bummed out when he has it cut short in that one shot. :joy:<3
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
    I don't have any trans sims in my game but I think I'll have to change that.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited February 2019
    mika wrote: »
    No, I haven't, but I view some Sims as trans like Darling from City Living

Oh, Darling Walsh is absolutely under the trans umbrella. They definitely come across that way to me. (gosh, i wish neutral pronouns were an option we could pick in-game... they should subtly patch it in, my self sims need them hahah)
    berrybelle wrote: »
    i sure do!
    i'm trans IRL (nonbinary, personally) and almost all of my OCs and such are trans, it's just... what i'm used to. the same way most cisgender heterosexual people make characters that are like them, i make characters that are like me!

Hey, me too! Except I'm not out irl. But yeah, people do tend to create characters like themselves. Pretty much all of my OCs share at least one trait with me. Gotta make them at least somewhat personally relatable if I wanna write or play with them, right?
    berrybelle wrote: »
    the gender patch definitely made it easier and more accurate, and made TS4 much more enjoyable for me, and for my trans friends!
    i am glad that is a feature that you can easily ignore though, so that there is no ill will between LGBT and non-LGBT simmers. just having the tools there if you want to use them is kind of what The Sims is about, imo!

Hard agree. It's one of the things I really miss whenever I revisit the earlier games.
    @Magdaleena You're awesome BTW. Also wanted to say though that I think Einarr looks quite good with the long hair and looks so bummed out when he has it cut short in that one shot. :joy:<3
    Ahhhh, bless you!! You're really sweet. <3

And yeah, his expressions about it are pretty accurate, ha.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • xeno_genesisxeno_genesis Posts: 56 Member
    Yes, a majority of my Sims are trans. :smile: I really love that I can play around with gender and gender expression with my Sims and know they won't be subjected to some of the same...stuff that I or trans folks in my community experience irl
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Nope. I usually act out stories in the sims, and none of the stories I've dreamed up involve a transgender sim. But this did get me thinking...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Nope.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I don't have any serious* trans sims, but I'm not against the idea. I don't like to plan a sim's sexuality or identity ahead of time, but try and go with what feels right for them. If I find a sim that feels trans, I'll go for it.

I've had gender-queer and cross-dressing sims, though. And I've been meaning to use the toggles to make a male alien sim with the ability to be pregnant.

*I made two trans elderly couples to test the pregnancy options out. I keep them around, but I haven't really done anything with them.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • sakurakat17sakurakat17 Posts: 2 New Member
    I have a MtF because I like two females in sims to raise a child so I can keep playing from them, and to see what their kids look like :smile:
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited April 2019
    I should update on this thread since it’s been a while; I have another trans sim now! One of my main sims has just realised their identity and will start his transition into his true self when he becomes a teenager. (For further reference, he’s a FtM)
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I just created my first one a little over a week ago.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I have never created a trans sim, but there's one former townie who married one of my male sims, who I changed from cis male to trans male who could get pregnant. Nothing about his life changed - he's just a gay man who happened to give birth to twins. But I consider him trans because my brain likes that better than cis men getting pregnant other than by alien abduction.

Now that I have that one trans sim in the game, I am considering making one of the twins grow up nonbinary. But I play rotationally so it will take a while for him to be old enough.
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    During a couple of Christmas' ago a simmer made a surprise transgender family as a gift for me for secret santa (I believe it's still in the gallery too).

Their background is based on an old true story that totally gripped my heart. The couple lived like any other family. Nice house, great friends, two boys, etc. But what the world didn't know was that 'reproductively' (sounds better than bio): mom was technically dad, and dad was technically mom. So when the couple actually came out to the world, it was heartwarming to know they said that no one really judged them or disregarded their preferred pronouns. At the end of the day, their neighbors and friends saw them for with what they (the couple) respectfully identified with and not what biology said. And I thought that was pretty awesome.

I've featured them in quite a few in some of my generations (one of their sons married my main legacy's heir).
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    I don’t, because I don’t play that many sims and like to play a basic boy and girl :) but I do play different sexualities, like gay, bi, and asexual.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    The couple lived like any other family. Nice house, great friends, two boys, etc. But what the world didn't know was that 'reproductively' (sounds better than bio): mom was technically dad, and dad was technically mom.

What a lovely story, and great idea for a sim family! <3 Mind if I steal get inspired by it for my own game? B)
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    The couple lived like any other family. Nice house, great friends, two boys, etc. But what the world didn't know was that 'reproductively' (sounds better than bio): mom was technically dad, and dad was technically mom.

What a lovely story, and great idea for a sim family! <3 Mind if I steal get inspired by it for my own game? B)

Go ahead! As a matter of fact I actually searched back to see who made it and I found out it was @mintycupcakes so thanks a lot to them!

25426023268_cef480fd2a_z.jpg

tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    No. The idea has never crossed my mind.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    ahem, every person has a skin colour and sexuality. Why in the world is that a debate for anyone?

I was thinking of playing a transgender sim recently. I'm really bad at styling males in the game but like doing it with the females so I thought I'd try out a male who I can dress up nicely. :)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited April 2019
    No, since they don't really play a major role into my gameplay.
    Post edited by MMX on
    9d1z2m12k175.png
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited April 2019
    I've removed several comments from this thread - please, let's keep it game related and leave personal values outside of this. This thread is about our Sims - let's keep it on topic.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited April 2019
    I wanted to post this earlier but wasn't at the computer. Besides the one premade trans sim, I have two of my own that I've made. Here's the one I really like though.

Her name is Shea Gale.

She's a 2 star celebrity, locally known and beloved because of her kind personality. She's not famous to the point where she'd be let into exclusive VIP Clubs, but everyone locally who attends the bar or or night club knows who she is. She's a performer, she sings and plays instruments.

On the side she also has a musical club where they gather at any art center and she teaches people how to play instruments.

Currently she doesn't have a home but I'd love to build her one.

This is the museum in Del Sol Valley that I converted into an arts center.
    c1ca0d1929dbd919c72bd7be802ef379.jpg

e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    My main hero in my Strangerville story is a trans woman: Artemis ‘Artie’ Westvale. She is a snarky cryptid believing investigative journalist with self confidence and insider knowledge. She also adores cats.

I also have sims born in game who are trans. My first heir in my Legacy, Lestat, is bisexual and non-binary. Their friends refer to them as he, she or they depending. They are a indie rocker whose music is similar to Lord Huron’s ‘Vide Noir’ album stuff because itsa mood.

I also often will tweak sims in-game and make LGBT headcanons. I have Caleb Vatore as a trans man, and Erwin Pries as a non-binary person.

There are more that I’m sure I’m forgetting as these are all just from the most recent saves.
  • ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    Ive been wanting to for a while actually but I never do because the way the gendered clothing works makes it look quite strange and it tends to annoy me, but im sure there are clothing items that work fine. I might go test it out lol
  • seeme741seeme741 Posts: 37 Member
    I honestly haven't, mainly because I just haven't really thought of it but this thread is making me really want to now. :)
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I certainly do. Sometimes I'll drop them into lots to live as background sims just like any other. But for the sims I play, I roll a d10 for every sim born to one of my families. If I roll a 6 then the sim is LGBT. And so then I roll a d4 to determine attraction or type -- 1 is same gender attraction, 2 is attraction to both genders, 3 is asexual and 4 is trans. If it comes up 4 then I proceed to roll a d4 again to determine attraction for the trans sim.

This approach combines my desire for a diverse cast of characters with my obsessive love of rolling dice to produce RPG-esque random outcomes.

Having extremely diverse characters is really what I strive for in my game, it makes things more interesting imo, so I can relate to some extent.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top