March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• VanderhootVanderhoot Posts: 192 Member
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A natural plant, greenery and/or flower-themed room to reflect Earth Day
    Origin ID: Vanderhoot13
    Gallery name of room: The Floral Family Room
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/9037D0B1568511E987A7048C513C46C4?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=vanderhoot13&max=50&maxis=false
    Description: I wanted to do something very cottagey, coastal, with blues, whites, and pinks. I put a nice light fixture in the bay window but it doesn't show at all when zoomed in. Still pleased with how it turned out. No TV necessary, there is plenty of natural beauty to take in in this room.
    Pictures of the room:
    67IIHZk.png
    0V3a2UI.png
    LjYTBqB.png
    lyuzDa7.png
    901ucH3.png
    lyb0yvP.png
    NZCWiQU.png
    7He4osW.png?1
    Check out my 1920s homes on the gallery: Vanderhoot13
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    edited April 2019
    The Floral Family Room is a very lovely and warm living room @Vanderhoot :) The blue and white colour scheme with touches of. pink is very lovely, restful and calming! Very nice wall panelling! The armchairs fireplace sitting area is very nice! The planter box flowers , vases of plants, flower cart and scenic landscape pictures are so very pretty either sides of the fireplace! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the pretty pink armchairs near the fire reading a book and listening to music from the stereo. The pink flowers are very pretty on the coffee table in the middle of the room! The patterned floor rug adds a special to the room! Very beautiful windows alcove nook! The plants, flowers, bath tub of flower and flower boxes look so very lovely there! The spring floral wreaths look very on the doors and windows! It is nice there are two entry doors to the room. Very nice windows sofa seat sitting nook! The flowers and plants surrounding the sofa are very special for Sims to see as they sit and rest there reading a book from the nearby bookcase with sunshine coming in on to them.Very pretty patterned lamp that is there. The side wall with the plants on it is very nice! Very pretty pink flowers on the wall near the door for Sims to see as they enter the room.
    The family members will enjoy sitting in this very lovely and peaceful nature themed living room. Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    Thanks @meowcatmeowkitty and @SheriGR .... I will do both of those things....I really want a fountain in the room ... thank you
    @jeswainston65 Though I was able to get the debug pond to upload and download in the gallery for the room I mentioned, I just did a bunch of experimenting with the fountain tool and I could add it inside by methods but when I uploaded it to the gallery it did not make the transfer - it was not there when re-downloading. So... unfortunately I cannot help you on this one. I did find that there are ways people have gotten 'creative' and made a design that looks like a fountain and has fountain objects in the room that work, and that did successfully upload and download from the gallery.
    So I will be interested in hearing if someone has a method to do this that they can share also.

You can add fountains (pre-made ones) inside a room, though. They do upload and download form the gallery fine.
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • ArrowBuildsArrowBuilds Posts: 76 Member
    @SvalaValhalla Your Mother Earth Study is gorgeous! Immediately the most eye-catching feature of the room is the statue of Mother Nature in the fountain, surrounded by lots of lush plants and flowers. This gives the room a lot of life and vibrancy, and also an elegance with the statue that suggests this is a place to also worship Mother Nature. The addition of the aquarium is a lovely touch, as we can now see life through the plants and also the fish. I like that you used that image of the plant cells on the wall, I imagine that the Sim who would use this room also likes to study nature and do research using the books and computer in the corner. The use of the activist posters about saving and cleaning up the Earth adds to the character of the room. Great job, thank you for sharing ♥

@ZKirian Succulent Grand Study is a lovely big room for Sims to live within! I love the vertical fountain with the hanging plants above it, it's a really gorgeous feature to the room and adds a lot of life to it. I like that you used the same floral green rugs throughout the room - this creates a nice flow and consistency. I love the wall with the flowers climbing up the wood and the planter with many different plants growing out of it, and the small painting of branches and leaves above it. The sitting area has a charm to it, and I like that you've framed the fireplace with two tall bookshelves so that Sims can sit and read about the world and nature. The flower artwork you chose is a great addition to the room - they look like they could have been drawn by a Sim who is fascinated by the biology of plants and flowers, which fits with the character of the room. Great job, thank you for sharing ♥

@Vanderhoot The Floral Family Room is so lovely and bright! I really like that you've used a lighter colour palette for this build, it gives a lot of life to the room. Of course, all of the potted flowers and wall flowers really make this room gorgeous with pops of vibrant colour. I like that you chose a blue-framed coffee table, it ties in with the bright flowers and adds to the character of the room. I love the sofa you chose, it got a lovely pattern of colours on the upholstery that adds some charm to the room. I like the woven rug you chose in the shape of a flower, its a lovely centerpiece and will help draw Sims into the room. The fireplace is a very inviting feature, and the bookshelves suggest that the family likes to read about nature and the world. Great job, thank you for sharing ♥
  • SvalaValhallaSvalaValhalla Posts: 13 New Member
    Thank you @ArrowBuilds and @rosemow. These contests are so fun!
  • jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    @SheriGR ...thank you....I have been playing with it all morning so far and it's not happening. I have tried 3 times and scrapped 3 builds so far...I'm going to have to do a different build design, which makes me sad....and I know I won't like the room as much as if I could do my original idea. Sometimes the game really limits us in what we are allowed to do. *sigh*
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
    Sometimes the game really limits us in what we are allowed to do. *sigh*
    @jeswainston65 Maybe we will find that someone will post a method that we did not find. I found that I could create it in the room (won't put you through the method) it wouldn't make the transfer to the gallery. I'm guessing it would in a lot, like a pool does, but not a room. Anyway, you could make a 'creative' fountain where you added fountain 'elements' through MOO into some rocks, adjacent wall the floor, a statue, etc., and have them pouring into a container or other area that is believable in appearance.

I have made a recording of some experiments I did to make 'creative (fake) fountains that will upload to the gallery and place without MOO. If you notice I used MOO to place items, but you will not see in all parts of the video that when I get done for the save I do turn off MOO and testing cheats, save, exit the game, re-enter the lot, THEN I save the room/lot to to my library. This way when I place the lot/room (or someone else does from the gallery) they they don't need to have MOO active to have it place correctly. If you notice after my first test the room placed without the 'fountain wall'... so I removed two of the fencing 'walls' to get it to upload and download correctly (probably only needed to remove one, or make sure it does not connect to the wall, etc. - you will need to experiment with it to find the combo that will both look like you want and upload and download correctly). These are just some examples and tests. If you have further questions I could experiment further if needed, if they are things I don't know yet - or haven't tried yet. Hope this helps. https://youtu.be/0w0ibkEe7PE
    Sims 4 Gallery
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
    thanks @rosemow and @SheriGR ... I'll check out that video

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,655 Member
    @SheriGR and @jeswainston65

Here is a tutorial on how to put enclosed rooms and it works with your fence tool but still be able to upload the whole room and double check it saves the whole room and test by placing it again after uploading
    edited April 2019
    Great! Thank you, @chips46 !! Oops... I think it's the wrong link, or I'm missing something. Can you please check the link?
    Sims 4 Gallery
    @SheriGR its the correct link for the tutorial how to do rooms
    Thank you @chips46 ...you rock!

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
    Make sure you do test your room before you share it that the room is one room with in a room by placing down on your lot @jeswainston65
    Here are some creative fountains pictures that I have in my room @jeswainston65 if you are having any trouble using the fence tool you can use the ''Foot Illumination System'' its from Spa Day Pack
    MWiEmSW.png0b4YaHj.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    The fountains are very lovely and pretty! @chips46 :) They are very creatively designed! The duck, frogs and turtle floor print in the first water feature are very cute! The candles are very pretty! :)
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    edited April 2019
    Awesome fountains @chips46 B)<3!

@jeswainston65 ---- The "water" in @chips46 "fountains" in her rooms uses floor tiles. You should tell Simmers whom want to download your room, that if they want real water because they're going to use your room in one of their lots, then, they need to retrace your pretend fountain with the costom pool tool. That way, real water will appear --- as long as they place the room on a lot that isn't just your room by itself :). Good luck with your room :)!
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

edited April 2019
    chips46 wrote: »
    @SheriGR its the correct link for the tutorial how to do rooms

Oh... I thought you meant it showed how to do rooms with actual custom fountains. (The kind you add similar to pools). That is what I was trying to figure out if I could do, as I assume this is what @jeswainston65 wanted? Though it actually shouldn't matter much anyway... they look like fountains, the water hitting the floor doesn't mess up anything, and it's not like they can swim in a fountain anyway. It certainly looks pretty! I may do one this way at some point myself in a build. :)
    Sims 4 Gallery
    Thanks @chips46 and @SheriGR .... I have found that I can use the pool tool to create the effect that I want. I DID want to have functioning fountains but that doesn't seem possible no matter how I try it. Thanks ladies!

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
    edited April 2019
    @jeswainston65 we can't use pool or fountain tool that has water but we can use floor tiles did you see in the Spoiler I have some creative fountains there just an idea to be creative
    edited April 2019
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Very cool idea.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    @WrathofCath .

Love the name and the kitchen
    edited April 2019
    @jeswainston65 The issue is not whether or not we can make the fountain inside, as I found several ways to do so, the issue is whether the fountain tool fountains/pools make a full transition into the gallery and download from the gallery. The pre-made fountains will work, though, as will the 'creative' ones that can be done in many ways as @chips46 and I mentioned.
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top