Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What play speed do you use most often?

Comments

• RagnvaldRagnvald Posts: 45 Member
    Normal speed
    Normal speed with lots of pausing to issue commands and more importantly cancel/crush sim stupidity where they try and do things like go and shovel snow or clean up puddles outside (downside of letting them have full autonomy, but so many interesting things tend to happen to balance it out)
    "When i became a man i put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up" - C.S. Lewis
  • SaldukeleSaldukele Posts: 29 Member
    Pause + other speed
    > @ddd994 said:
    > Erm doesn’t anyone else experience lag and other issues when using utlra speed?
    >
    > I mostly play in normal speed, I used to use the double speed a lot more but I find I have to keep an eye on my sims to make sure they complete all the tasks I give them, as a) sometimes they skip things in a queue, and b) when they stand there trying to load their next animation or interaction/whatever it is, it takes them the same time irl to load wether at ultra speed or normal. So you kinda “lose time” when playing in ultra too much. I don’t know if that makes sense to anyone lol but essentially, there are too many bugs/issues with the game for me to trust letting it play out in anything other than normal or double speed (obviously unless they are sleeping). Here’s hoping they fix all the bugs one day.

Yes I have the same issue, sometimes it seems my sim is just standing there and doing nothing, rather than doing the task faster and I loose more time, than it would be on normal speed. I do think it is pc issue tho as my pc is a bit slow, graphics especially.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited April 2019
    Pause + other speed
    I play a lot of challenges so I'm usually speeding through just so I can advance a little further into the challenge that day. I pause a lot for screenshots. Honestly, I have a bad habit of using Ultra speed. It's really bad for simulation lag. FYI: Simulation lag as nothing to do with game requirements (all though not meeting them I'm sure you're going to encounter more issues). If you're hardly ever fast forwarding then you're likely to never encounter it.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Normal speed
    I always play only on normal speed except for when all my sims are sleeping.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Normal speed
    I used to do mostly normal speed with cheats so I can get the most out of my Sims' days. I don't have the patience to wait for them to pee or eat or sleep, lol. But the problem with cheating needs is that the default state is "Happy" and I hate that, so now I just try to keep their needs midway filled so they don't have that annoying buff. I've started using the other speeds just a little bit more because of this, but only when I want them to finish meals or showers, etc if it's taking too long. I did read that using other speeds can sometimes corrupt a save, so I minimize the use. I like to play households with two or more Sims, so there's usually something I can be doing while I wait for one to cater to their needs.
    #Team Occult
  • ArialisimsArialisims Posts: 120 Member
    Normal speed
    normal except for sleep. a decent amount of pausing also.
    VbXPSzu.png
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Normal speed
    Normal speed interspersed with frequent pausing and fast speed when needed.
  • HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    Pause + other speed
    I use a combination of all four for multiple purposes.
    2vc864m.jpg

• ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Pause + other speed
    Depending upon the size of the household, the pause button is my best friend for larger households.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Pause + other speed
    I take a lot of screenies for which pause is a must. Otherwise I use normal speed the most when the sims are awake/home.
  • LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    Pause + other speed
    So, since I've found out that most people seem to play on normal speed, I've started a new game and I'm trying it out and I am noticing so many good things about the game.

Because I used pause and ultra speed, my sims spent a lot of time on their own doing tasks and then immediately doing something else I've told them to do, but now I'm noticing what my sims get up to when they have free will, and I'm also noticing how much Sims talk to eachother when they're in the same room doing different things. It's nice!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    Pause + other speed
    About 80% at normal speed with regular pause to direct my sims. I speed up longer tasks.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Pause + other speed
    I use normal speed most of the time and pause to que up conversations or tasks, especially if I am commanding more than one sim at a time. I will use a faster speed while they are sleeping.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Pause + other speed
    I'm usually on Pause and Normal Speed
    Set up the stage, queue things up, play, and then when things start to slow down pause again cue more things and then back to normal.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Normal speed
    Normal speed here for the reasons stated above, I would miss too much if the speed were any faster than normal. About the only time I use Ultra is when sims are sleeping late and some bozo calls to congradulate my sim on becoming friends with some other sim...gah. That interaction drops the speed down to normal, so I pop it back up to Ultra. But that's about the only time I use the faster speed.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Normal speed
    Unless I'm just playing with one single sim I will use ultra when sleeping, using the bathroom, and trying to skill up. But I mostly play with families so I keep it on normal to manage them all.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Normal speed
    Normal speed and ultra fast when I want them to hurry with something. I never use fast. Feels kind of pointless when there's ultra.
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    Normal speed
    Normal speed. I only speed it up if everyone in the house if doing something extremely boring. Like, if all but two Sims are at work, one is reading a book, and the kids there has to walk up too flights of stairs to get to their destination, I'll speed it up while they're walking. But, that's about it. I only speed it up for the nothing is happening moments. I like to be with them in real time.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited April 2019
    Normal speed
    I have some rules sınce TS1:

1. Durıng the daytıme I play wıth normal speed
    2. When my sım ıs home alone, ONLY WHEN HE/SHE IS HOME ALONE, and does a certaın actıvıtty (shower, cookıng) or skıll buıldıng that ıs kında borıng to just watch, ı can use speed level 2 only to fınısh hıs task.
    3. Only allowed to use speed 3 and 4 when all sıms of my household are asleep.
    4. Whenever any of my household sıms dont have a task, I hıt pause to not waıst tıme and gıve them thıngs to do. Sıms should not be standıng for hours wıthout a purpose.
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    Pause + other speed
    I pause a lot to que up actions, then ultra speed through sleeping, tasks and things I've seen a million times. I'll use normal speed for new things or ones that I've sped through a lot and miss seeing the details.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    Pause + other speed
    taydev wrote: »
    Normal speed and ultra fast when I want them to hurry with something. I never use fast. Feels kind of pointless when there's ultra.

Rarely I'll use the fast setting if I'm trying to time something to happen just right but normal is too frustrating and ultra is too fast.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Normal speed
    I chose Normal Speed but I also use Pause and Ultra to line up tasks and to get through sleeping at night.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Normal speed
    Normal speed. I hardly pause unless I need to do something besides play the game. I do have an issue with my game stuttering/sims stuck in a frozen state on that speed though.
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    Ultra speed
    I use ultra speed, but I pause in between to queue up lots of interactions first. I use ultra speed when I'm building, but sometimes, when I'm playing the game I use the other two speeds, as well.
    4kkjdXo.png

• ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    Pause + other speed
    I often pause, get the camera angle as close as possible, and use normal speed when I am recording videos, taking pictures, or just playing out a certain story in my head. I often play with ultra speed when they are taking forever to do tasks or taking forever to walk to certain places. My game tends to lag too and for some reason, playing ultra speed and then clicking pause helps?? lol
    Ayy It's Mell ♥