Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

April Patch Speculation 2019 (Now Available)

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    There's no guarantees anymore even if there's even an April patch; so the safest bet would be that there won't be one.

They mentioned there is an update coming soon. We can assume it s April.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Fix those vampires already please.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    The annoying thing about not giving background objects is that they are already made
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    Fix those vampires already please.

This problem bothered me so much I finally caved and installed a mod for the first time. I highly recommend this mod that fixes them:

modthesims.info/d/621850/vampires-bug-fix.html
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    I hate how many objects they hide in packs... Specially the plants and rocks. We need more landscaping objects because I personally like to match my buildings with the enviroment of its location. Get Together for example is full of new plants and trees that are all locked. THATS REALLY FRUSTRATING! And we don't have new rocks since... the launch game in 2014!!!
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    There's no guarantees anymore even if there's even an April patch; so the safest bet would be that there won't be one.

They mentioned there is an update coming soon. We can assume it s April.

*Yawn* Wonder how anemic the next update will be. It must be really difficult to listen and address longstanding bugs. Oh well, as long as they include some hideous Easter challenge all is made well.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited April 2019
    Bug fixes, primarily. I don't care if we don't get a single new thing, I want sooooo many bug fixes. For example, in my game, it's impossible to play as a vampire anymore for some of my Sims. The game still registers some of the weaknesses or buffs from being a vampire into a human. For example, my main Sim had the Withered Stomach weakness when he was a vampire and when he was cured, it was like he still had the weakness. He can't eat food anymore. I either have to put in a cheat everytime I come out of CAS (and I go into CAS a lot) or just stop eating food. I use a mod now that gets rid of the Hunger need for the Sims you want it on. Another vampire I have used to have the no emotions buff until I got rid of that. She still gets it everytime a loading screen appears. And we all know how common those are in this game. Very annoying.

So for me, it's either never become a vampire for my Sims that aren't ones already or if they are vampires, they're vampires forever. And I took out every single mod I have. Didn't solve a thing. Neither did repairing the game.

So yeah. Bug fixes. Specifically, vampire bug fixes. Then a lot of other ones.
    Bug fixes, primarily. I don't care if we don't get a single new thing, I want sooooo many bug fixes. For example, in my game, it's impossible to play as a vampire anymore for some of my Sims. The game still registers some of the weaknesses or buffs from being a vampire into a human. For example, my main Sim had the Withered Stomach weakness when he was a vampire and when he was cured, it was like he still had the weakness. He can't eat food anymore. I either have to put in a cheat everytime I come out of CAS (and I go into CAS a lot) or just stop eating food. I use a mod now that gets rid of the Hunger need for the Sims you want it on. Another vampire I have used to have the no emotions buff until I got rid of that. She still gets it everytime a loading screen appears. And we all know how common those are in this game. Very annoying.

So for me, it's either never become a vampire for my Sims that aren't ones already or if they are vampires, they're vampires forever. And I took out every single mod I have. Didn't solve a thing. Neither did repairing the game.

That's a very serious bug and I believe it's on the consoles as well. Another serious bug I'm hearing about is when rodents are dying your game can crash and your sims can freeze for those with My First Pet Stuff. Issue is with the rodents dying and the cages.
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited April 2019
    This bothered me so much I had to cave and installed a mod for the first time. So far it has fixed most of the problems I've had with the Vampire glitch. I highly recommend it: modthesims.info/d/621850/vampires-bug-fix.html

That's a very serious bug and I believe it's on the consoles as well. Another serious bug I'm hearing about is when rodents are dying your game can crash and your sims can freeze for those with My First Pet Stuff. Issue is with the rodents dying and the cages.
    I had this happen. The hamster was pretty much frozen on the wheel in his cage and my sim was frozen in front of the cage. I had just purchased the cage, so I don't think the hamster was dead. The game started to lag, and when I went to resetsim the game went "poof!". I think that was the first crash I've experienced in almost a year with the game.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited April 2019
    WANTED SimGuruKate
    She's missing from Twitter since March 6th, it's very strange for a community manager.

No new Maxis Monthly was announced yet but April already began.

That means something will happen soon... or later.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    We have to wait until @SimGuruLyndsay comes back from her holiday for more information according to her Twitter feed.
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I want them to sort out the glitch where my sims are jumping here, there and everywhere. They seem to be teleporting all over the place.
    I also hope for some freebies as I do get very quickly bored with the same stuff when building or making new sims.
    Any chance of a spiral staircase?
    Simburian wrote: »
    We have to wait until @SimGuruLyndsay comes back from her holiday for more information according to her Twitter feed.

Hopefully within the next 2 weeks.
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

Hopefully within the next 2 weeks.

I won't hold my breath
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    At least it hasn't coincided with the latest big Microsoft Windows 10, April update as I got that yesterday. Maxis used to annoy me by downloading them at the same time in the past! Everything slowed to a crawl before I fixed Microsoft's interfering by downloading in the background when it wanted to.
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    WANTED SimGuruKate
    She's missing from Twitter since March 6th, it's very strange for a community manager.

Well EA lead off 350 Employs worldwide in March. Maybe she's missing because of this.

https://esportsobserver.com/ea-to-cut-350-employees/
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Madachan88 wrote: »
    WANTED SimGuruKate

Well EA lead off 350 Employs worldwide in March. Maybe she's missing because of this.

https://esportsobserver.com/ea-to-cut-350-employees/

Most of the layoffs are in Russia and Japan.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited April 2019
    @Madachan88

Andrew told about Marketing and Publishing employees.

But her last forum activity is on March 28th, the date of the EA announcement
    Unlike SimGuruDrake, EA_Mage and EA_Cian, her account wasn't promoted to Retired rank yet so I would say she's still here.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited April 2019
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    I can't really speculate on anything since with the announcement of TS4 Legacy edition its even more unlikely for us to get new content before june

Well at least that means we'll get an expansion pack in june :)

That would be three months of nothing... I’m not sure, that seems a bit too long. But I as well reckon there will be an EP in June.

They did mention that there would be some months were they were completely "silent" and wouldn't have any content at all. :( Unfortunately. But. I feel like they've already been doing that since nothing was released in March; and April will be the same possibly.. except for maybe a 'free update', but paid content probably won't be until June.

I'm hoping it's something good, though.. because Lindsey was saying that it's not ready yet, so they had to push it back because she went on vacation with her family this week and she wants to polish it some more before they release it later. But then again, I haven't really been excited for any updates since toddlers. But the sliding doors that was nice, too! : )

I would be happy if it was an update to babies. But I think that's a bit of a stretch. It may just very well be bug fixes. (I'm okay with that, if they would fix some Get To Work bugs...) I don't like guessing anymore because lately it's just been a bit on the underwhelming side for me. :(
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    WANTED SimGuruKate

I know, this is very strange. I really don’t like the feeling of being kept in the dark. Of course there is something serious going on, but stil... SimGuruLindsay could have communicated something. Just a small thing to let us know where it all stands. And I really, really hope they didn’t fire Kate over this. In my opinion, she’s not at fault.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    WANTED SimGuruKate

I know, this is very strange. I really don’t like the feeling of being kept in the dark. Of course there is something serious going on, but stil... SimGuruLindsay could have communicated something. Just a small thing to let us know where it all stands. And I really, really hope they didn’t fire Kate over this. In my opinion, she’s not at fault.

There is a lot of room for discussion about that, but let's just keep discussions about this out (before they close the topic). It's a serious thing, and we knot that.
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    edited April 2019
    @LeGardePourpre Jeah but still this silence is very worrying. :(
    Post edited by Madachan88 on
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    WANTED SimGuruKate

Not to derail the thread, but I disagree with your opinion on that matter. There’s procedures that were not followed, and given how serious this type of thing is there cannot be a slap on the wrist about it. Sometimes actions have consequences even if there was no malicious intent. It’s just how it works.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    WANTED SimGuruKate

Not to derail the thread, but I disagree with your opinion on that matter. There’s procedures that were not followed, and given how serious this type of thing is there cannot be a slap on the wrist about it. Sometimes actions have consequences even if there was no malicious intent. It’s just how it works.

The point is we do not know exactly what happened. We cannot know. Only the parties involved can.
    And nobody needs to disclose all, but the total silence is worrying to me.

Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.