Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suzses' Builds - Updated 8/6/2020 with Bella Villa Con Ponte

Comments

• suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Thanks, dear @rosemow.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Very pretty. Great layout. I love that you included a basement.
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Oh my goodness! I'm just now seeing that you've created a showcase thread for your new builds. :scream:

I missed several of the lots you built in July! EEK! *runs off to rec*

Rec'd :cookie:

They're all fantastic! I've now got this thread bookmarked! :)
    Thanks @ciane . :) I thought the basement would help out a lot with adding some space and that, if I left it empty it, would leave a lot of options open.

Hi @60smusicluvr . Glad you stopped by. :) I appreciate the rec's, too.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    Wow, I can't believe it was November the last time I updated my thread. I had an alternately busy and rocky winter, but I did do some building along the way. I'm embarrassed to say I found a saved draft here mentioning the December gift exchange, but apparently I never got it posted. Ciane was my buddy, and I made her some things for Sunlit Tides. The build that probably has the broadest interest is a house that backs on the beach named Driftwood.

45394349745_47779b2ffc_c.jpg

44490259350_a7ee50bf33_c.jpg

46306991791_2fac42e959_c.jpg

On the Exchange: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9272755
    More Pictures: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmxsgEs2

In my studio, you'll also find the other gifts - a tiny beach house, a household, a restaurant, and a dog park on the beach. Some other info about them and links to pictures are in the gifting thread at: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/950418/sims-3-happy-holidays-gift-exchange-closed/p1 . There are also lots of other wonderful gifts that were shared which are worth a look.

Before moving on from the gift exchange, let me just mention that the spring exchange is about to start! Buddy letters are being accepted through April 13. Here's the link to it on the forum: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/957762/sims-3-amayzing-gift-exchange-open/p1

I have a couple builds from recent Build-N-Share challenges to share, too. I want to post them here before getting busy on the gift exchange front, but before that, I need a little help . . . (see next post).
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    What I need your help with is a name for this house. I've run dry on naming things all of a sudden. I'd love to hear your ideas.

47481802942_ca1a289827_c.jpg

Some interior pictures under the spoiler
    40568523903_4ae4d5ac8b_c.jpg

32592123017_6aab96f6d4_c.jpg

32592123137_304f094bbe_c.jpg

47481802712_8867a73330_c.jpg
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    Oh, it's gorgeous!

Hmm . . . I'm not very good at the name thing either. I think whenever you're not sure, naming it after a tree in the yard is an option.
    @60smusicluvr Thank you :) Oh, I do that, too - naming lots after the trees, but when I considered that this time, it didn't work for me.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    edited April 2019
    Modern Flair? That's probably not a great name.

I'm terrible at names too :D
    Hi @equuest I was thinking of something with the word modern, since that's what it is.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited April 2019
    Neoteric?

I don't know, I am not good at naming lots.
    I'm happy you have a showcase thread.
    suzses wrote: »
    @60smusicluvr Thank you :) Oh, I do that, too - naming lots after the trees, but when I considered that this time, it didn't work for me.

I could see how that might be a problem. Sometimes it just doesn't have the right ring to it.
    @Jessabeans I kind of like Neoteric because it's not commonly used (at least not in my world), and people would have to stop and think what it means.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I had to look it up. It's a great name. And, a great build.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    It's Gorgeous! :+1:
    I'm not good with names, either. Neoteric sounds great.
    Thanks a bunch @ciane and @Rflong7 for your support and input. I'm liking @Jessabeans idea of Neoteric more and more and went in game and named the house just that.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Your home is very nice! :) Very nice exterior design and the plant beds are nice in the front area, Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The dining room is very nice! The wall texture gives a calming feel to the room. It is great there is bar counter for Sims to enjoy having a drink from the bar with their meal.The plant is a nice touch of green and nature in the room. Very nice light filled living room for Sims to enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst sitting there reading a book, Very nice blue and white colour scheme of the master bedroom, The bedhead wall picture adds a nice look to the room.
    It is a very nice home :)
    Thank you, @rosemow . <3
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited April 2019
    New upload . . .

46878709594_810bd4f593_c.jpg

Since I already posted some pictures above, I won't go overboard now and will just let you go to the picture album here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmxnorzb

On the Exchange: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9301963

Thanks again @Jessabeans for the great name idea!

This is a 3-bedroom, 3.5-bath modern home with a 2-car garage and backyard patio, pool and play area. It's done in earth tones with dark blues (mostly dark blues - some lighter or brighter here and there).

Some things that aren't well captured in the pictures are (1) the kids' bathrooms - both are ensuites - and you can only see them in the overhead of the kids' area; and (2) in the hallway area between the garage and kids' area there is a hallway stereo and a half-bath at the end of the hall.

This might be the place to mention also that there are laundry hampers in all areas, many of which are hidden. (I tried using a University cheap laundry container recolored to a wicker pattern as a planter for a large houseplant, which looked great, but alas, sims can't take the laundry that way so it had to go. :s:D ) My tester sim got to change his clothes all over the place and do many loads of laundry, poor guy, to make sure all the hidden hampers work as intended.

All appliances, electronics, the fireplace are upgraded. Garden plants around the back patio are of excellent to perfect quality.

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    I love Neoteric! First, awesome name @Jessabeans! I find it hard to come with names sometimes too.

@suzses, Your colors and patterns are always so soothing and my gosh I want your video card! LOL Love what you did with the store rugs!

And yes, you had me searching for hidden hampers!! LOL I also, try to hide mine in the main areas of the home.

Thanks, Romagi :) I do have a nice video card, but it might be my lighting mod that you actually want. It seems to be making a big difference. I do always have lots of fun playing with the rugs, especially now that I've finally learned to remove stencils on some of them.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    I've never played with lighting mods as the only 2 worlds that bother me are Sunlite Tides (too bright) and Midnight Hollow (too dark). Do the mods affect all worlds?

Yep, I love removing the stencil on them too! I used too try and cover the elephant but now I can get rid of him! LOL Really liking the pattern/s you used on on the small one, I haven't played with that one as much as the larger one.
    romagi1 wrote: »
    I've never played with lighting mods as the only 2 worlds that bother me are Sunlite Tides (too bright) and Midnight Hollow (too dark). Do the mods affect all worlds?

Yep, I love removing the stencil on them too! I used too try and cover the elephant but now I can get rid of him! LOL Really liking the pattern/s you used on on the small one, I haven't played with that one as much as the larger one.

Yes, the mod affects all worlds, but it's just a package file you can easily drop in and take out of your mods folder at any time. I've been trying out some different lighting mods, and this one seems to work everywhere I've been playing so far, which I can't say was true for some of the others. I agree with you about the lighting in Sunlit Tides and Midnight Hollow, neither of which I've been in since I put in the mod. I suspect it wouldn't help much with Midnight Hollow, but I think I'll go check out Sunlit Tides and see how it looks because the lighting is kind of soft and it *might* help there - not sure.

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited April 2019
    Arg, I had a draft of comments for your earlier builds sitting here for a week. I really need to catch up on creator threads.

I am going to delete it for now so I can comment.

I'm happy you chose the name, I love your lot.

Lighting makes a big difference in Midnight Hollow. This is my setup for my midnight hollow save. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16419563/#Comment_16419563

If you don't use a full lighting mod, just having one that lowers bloom helps in Sunlit Tides. It's so pretty outside there but I don't like reflectively bright cabinetry.
    I don't understand. How do you hide hampers?