Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What have you done with the "Maxis Gallery" premades?

2...Next

Comments

• FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I make my own sims. Never liked playing with pre mades. Maybe when I was 10 in the sims 1, but that's not for me anymore.
    The pre maded that already live in town, are having the same value for me as any other sim in town. If they fit in with my sims, they become friends, lovers or more. I always wanted to blend my sims with EA's, but if I think about.. it just never happend! All my sims got married and had children with my own sims that I once placed in town and totally forgot about. Also my pre mades are dying out slowly, cause I play generations with aging on. Wish there was a system where realistic and human made sims would be put in your game through an update or something.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I make my own sims. Never liked playing with pre mades. Maybe when I was 10 in the sims 1, but that's not for me anymore.
    The pre maded that already live in town, are having the same value for me as any other sim in town. If they fit in with my sims, they become friends, lovers or more. I always wanted to blend my sims with EA's, but if I think about.. it just never happend! All my sims got married and had children with my own sims that I once placed in town and totally forgot about. Also my pre mades are dying out slowly, cause I play generations with aging on. Wish there was a system where realistic and human made sims would be put in your game through an update or something.

You could use MCCC @FurSimsOfficial it has a feature that when the games generates a new sim as townie/service sim the MCCC will choose between all your gallery sims. You can also choose if it will use their original names or generate new ones. Also, you could use the Story Progression aspect on your generational save, cuz all the other families would evolve with you. They would marry, get new jobs, have kids, etc.
    I am not a big fan of cc/mods, but thats one of the few that i trust and love.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Karon wrote: »

You could use MCCC @FurSimsOfficial it has a feature that when the games generates a new sim as townie/service sim the MCCC will choose between all your gallery sims. You can also choose if it will use their original names or generate new ones. Also, you could use the Story Progression aspect on your generational save, cuz all the other families would evolve with you. They would marry, get new jobs, have kids, etc.
    I am not a big fan of cc/mods, but thats one of the few that i trust and love.

I use this mod already for years, but my point is that i want EA to have a better system to keep the town rotation going.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I don't use MCCC, and the endless headache over NRAAS patches back in The Sims 3 has put me off from ever trying until the game reaches its final patched version. So due to the lack of story progression the Maxis sims from the gallery serve as something of a "generation 2" population as the pre-installed sims pass on.
    @FurSimsOfficial I would love too! But, facing the reality se didn't had the update in Sims 3 to allow for rotational gameplay, só I highly doubt that in Sims 4 they are going to do the opposite. I wish they would add both gameplay styles in the game options from the start, always, cuz i love to play both, but...

@OEII1001 MCCC to Sims 4 is not from Nraas and its update schedule is less stressful, they only update It when the game is updates with a new patch/pack.
  • mhoblermhobler Posts: 299 Member
    Has anybody actually gotten Tristen Palmer to come up in their game? I was resetting in CAS for them and got all the others but he refused to come up. Tried for nearly 15 minutes, everyone else in the rotation came up numerous times. Just wondering if I'm super unlucky or if they actually forgot to add him.
    edited April 2019
    @mhobler Now that you mentioned... I don't remember. I will check right now if i can get him to show up!

edit.: I tried 10 times before he appeared:
    tumblr_pp9mc0dQQM1rs9l6ao1_1280.png
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    I don't play with them too in depth, but I will rotate between my played households and a couple of the pre-made households just to keep their stories sort of progressing at the same time. It's always weird to me to have my sims move on in life and grow their families while everyone else does nothing but age up. Usually I pick one or two of the pre-made families and have them be friends with my main family and then I'll pop in and play out a couple of days in the pre-made family to help them advance a smidge in their careers or have a baby/get married/etc. I don't play with all of them, just a few. I'll just post my update for one of them tonight cause it's getting late, I'll post some more tomorrow.

I always keep Babs and Ollie together. I play it somewhat close to their actual story. I start Babs off as a bartender until she starts earning some book royalties and can quit that job and work from home as a writer. Ollie is in the painter career. They settled in San Myshuno in a little apartment in the arts district and had a small summer wedding at the park in the city.
    04-01-19-9-13-52-PM.png
    04-01-19-9-15-46-PM.png

They have a daughter named Emerson who is a spitting image of mommy. She has Ollie wrapped around her little finger. She's taken after daddy and is quite the little art lover - she loves playing the draw with llama game on the tablet and her favorite thing is having her dad read her to sleep.
    04-01-19-9-24-16-PM.png
    04-01-19-9-26-08-PM.png

They have a little chihuahua named Mimi who is spoiled and and a little naughty at times, but they love her to pieces.
    04-01-19-9-27-48-PM.png

And in my most recent play session, they discovered they were about to welcome a second little one into their family. They had another little girl and they named her Eleanor.
    04-01-19-10-10-27-PM.png
    04-01-19-10-40-48-PM.png

Tomorrow I'll tell you about what I've done with Amber and where her life is at now :)
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

a_niles06 wrote: »
    I don't play with them too in depth, but I will rotate between my played households and a couple of the pre-made households just to keep their stories sort of progressing at the same time. It's always weird to me to have my sims move on in life and grow their families while everyone else does nothing but age up. Usually I pick one or two of the pre-made families and have them be friends with my main family and then I'll pop in and play out a couple of days in the pre-made family to help them advance a smidge in their careers or have a baby/get married/etc. I don't play with all of them, just a few. I'll just post my update for one of them tonight cause it's getting late, I'll post some more tomorrow.

I always keep Babs and Ollie together. I play it somewhat close to their actual story. I start Babs off as a bartender until she starts earning some book royalties and can quit that job and work from home as a writer. Ollie is in the painter career. They settled in San Myshuno in a little apartment in the arts district and had a small summer wedding at the park in the city.
    04-01-19-9-13-52-PM.png
    04-01-19-9-15-46-PM.png

They have a daughter named Emerson who is a spitting image of mommy. She has Ollie wrapped around her little finger. She's taken after daddy and is quite the little art lover - she loves playing the draw with llama game on the tablet and her favorite thing is having her dad read her to sleep.
    04-01-19-9-24-16-PM.png
    04-01-19-9-26-08-PM.png

They have a little chihuahua named Mimi who is spoiled and and a little naughty at times, but they love her to pieces.
    04-01-19-9-27-48-PM.png

And in my most recent play session, they discovered they were about to welcome a second little one into their family. They had another little girl and they named her Eleanor.
    04-01-19-10-10-27-PM.png
    04-01-19-10-40-48-PM.png

Tomorrow I'll tell you about what I've done with Amber and where her life is at now :)

That's so cool!
    I'll be waiting to see how's your Amber been doing! @a_niles06
    @Karon Thank you! This week has been a little busier than anticipated so I'll have an update for Amber ASAP. Hopefully tomorrow night, if not for sure this weekend :)
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member

I don't use gallery premades either. I have plenty of sims in my library including my go-to sim I play a lot.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited April 2019
    I deleted them all to make room for all my CC-Free (the world needs more of it) sims. They're not that great, but my gallery ID is the same as my username on here so if you want to look, they're all there.
    funny-gifs20.gif

@Karon Thank you! This week has been a little busier than anticipated so I'll have an update for Amber ASAP. Hopefully tomorrow night, if not for sure this weekend :)

@a_niles06 No need for hurry or worries, take your time! ;)
    edited April 2019
    In case anyone wants to be update on when Sim Guru Morgan uploads classic families from previous games to Sims 4's gallery, this thread is for you all: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/955965/maxis-just-uploaded-the-curious-family-from-sims-2-on-the-gallery/p1?new=1
    Ok, so sorry for the delay, it's been a busy couple of weeks and on top of that I picked up the terrible flu that's been going around the office :s

So here's my update on Amber! First thing I did was give her a bit of a makeover. I hated the hairstyle she comes with and when I changed the hair I just didn't think it fit her look. I changed her clothes/makeup/hair but left everything else about her physical appearance the same.
    04-03-19-8-55-43-PM.png

She is in a relationship with another pre-made, Andre DaSilva! Their personalities clash a little bit but for them opposites seem to attract because they are head over heels for each other <3
    04-03-19-8-49-37-PM.png

The two have a rottweiler named Kane and he is the love of their lives. He's very sweet and very playful which makes him quite the handful.
    04-14-19-6-13-09-PM.png

They've settled in the cute little loft house in Brindleton Bay. The sleepy little coastal town is a little slow paced for her taste, but Andre really wanted to find a place he could relax and see himself living in long term.
    04-14-19-6-06-36-PM.png

Amber is in the entertainment career working toward becoming a great comedian. While she'd love a little more variety in places to perform and the chance to gain a larger audience, secretly she loves being the big fish in a little pond. She can typically be found performing at Club Calico but once in awhile you may catch her down at the Salty Paws Saloon.
    04-14-19-6-31-45-PM.png

Andre is in the tech guru career but when he's not working on computer things he enjoys playing guitar. He never really had any big entertainment career dreams, he just does it on the side to relax.
    04-14-19-6-11-21-PM.png

The two don't have any plans for kids or marriage at this time. Amber secretly hopes for a proposal soon, and maybe a baby or two to follow, but Andre isn't quite there yet. He loves her but he doesn't see much point in rushing down the aisle. He's content with the life they have and loves their loft home overlooking the coast. Also, he considers Kane to be quite a big responsibility already and isn't sure he's ready to add kids to the mix. But he does see Brindleton Bay as being a great place to raise a family down the line if that's the way the road of life takes them!
    04-03-19-8-51-04-PM.png
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

Ok, so sorry for the delay, it's been a busy couple of weeks and on top of that I picked up the terrible flu that's been going around the office :s

So here's my update on Amber! First thing I did was give her a bit of a makeover. I hated the hairstyle she comes with and when I changed the hair I just didn't think it fit her look. I changed her clothes/makeup/hair but left everything else about her physical appearance the same.
    04-03-19-8-55-43-PM.png

She is in a relationship with another pre-made, Andre DaSilva! Their personalities clash a little bit but for them opposites seem to attract because they are head over heels for each other <3
    04-03-19-8-49-37-PM.png

The two have a rottweiler named Kane and he is the love of their lives. He's very sweet and very playful which makes him quite the handful.
    04-14-19-6-13-09-PM.png

They've settled in the cute little loft house in Brindleton Bay. The sleepy little coastal town is a little slow paced for her taste, but Andre really wanted to find a place he could relax and see himself living in long term.
    04-14-19-6-06-36-PM.png

Amber is in the entertainment career working toward becoming a great comedian. While she'd love a little more variety in places to perform and the chance to gain a larger audience, secretly she loves being the big fish in a little pond. She can typically be found performing at Club Calico but once in awhile you may catch her down at the Salty Paws Saloon.
    04-14-19-6-31-45-PM.png

Andre is in the tech guru career but when he's not working on computer things he enjoys playing guitar. He never really had any big entertainment career dreams, he just does it on the side to relax.
    04-14-19-6-11-21-PM.png

The two don't have any plans for kids or marriage at this time. Amber secretly hopes for a proposal soon, and maybe a baby or two to follow, but Andre isn't quite there yet. He loves her but he doesn't see much point in rushing down the aisle. He's content with the life they have and loves their loft home overlooking the coast. Also, he considers Kane to be quite a big responsibility already and isn't sure he's ready to add kids to the mix. But he does see Brindleton Bay as being a great place to raise a family down the line if that's the way the road of life takes them!
    04-03-19-8-51-04-PM.png

Loved your post!
    I think that Amber is one of the best looking sims, i never wanted to touch her face structure in CAS (i don't usually do that to premade sims, but it doesn't stop me from thinking that some of them would want a plastic surgery).
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I married Babs and Ollie and they have two kids but Ollie is having an affair with Cassandra Goth-Dreamer and they have a love child together.

I married June Kay and Steve Fogel. June died from heat stroke at a BBQ Zoe Patel-hunington house. I wish we could select the attire for the parties. This death might have been avoided. Anyways Steve is a single father now and sleeping with a few women in the neighborhood...he is grieving right?? LOL

I never added Amber to my game. I don't know why. It might have been that whole video of ITS AMBER business.

Ollie's sister Cassidy? I think her name is...she is married to Andre DaSilva. They had triplets what a toddler nightmare that was. Oh did I mention, Andre was abducted and had an alien baby too. Serious random craziness. Cassidy had a short affair with Steve shortly after June died. Vlad had her under that romance cloud aura so she had a fling with him too. In my game Vlad has a thing for red heads and he charms them all with the aura, then he moves on when he is bored. Guess I should have added Amber to add to his red head conquests. I don't think Cassidy and Andre were good for each other lots of drama but they managed to stay together so far.
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I married Babs and Ollie and they have two kids but Ollie is having an affair with Cassandra Goth-Dreamer and they have a love child together.

I married June Kay and Steve Fogel. June died from heat stroke at a BBQ Zoe Patel-hunington house. I wish we could select the attire for the parties. This death might have been avoided. Anyways Steve is a single father now and sleeping with a few women in the neighborhood...he is grieving right?? LOL

I never added Amber to my game. I don't know why. It might have been that whole video of ITS AMBER business.

Ollie's sister Cassidy? I think her name is...she is married to Andre DaSilva. They had triplets what a toddler nightmare that was. Oh did I mention, Andre was abducted and had an alien baby too. Serious random craziness. Cassidy had a short affair with Steve shortly after June died. Vlad had her under that romance cloud aura so she had a fling with him too. In my game Vlad has a thing for red heads and he charms them all with the aura, then he moves on when he is bored. Guess I should have added Amber to add to his red head conquests. I don't think Cassidy and Andre were good for each other lots of drama but they managed to stay together so far.

haha, cool!
    Maybe in the victorian times, Vlad had married with a red haired girl before he truned into a vampire? hmmm... theoriesss...
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    I used a few of them from the gallery (some I might have seen in the trailers at that).

Don't play with Vampires too often, but thought the ones in the trailer looked pretty unique, plus thought Vlad was pretty lonely in that big manor. I like it really. Figured I'd play the household before the other vampires had mysteriously 'disappeared'.

mRIkW94.png

Along with Inna, this one also ended up being a favorite of mine. (Showed up on my Sims lot and couldn't get in because I keep her doors locked all the time.)
    IaRmdY2.png
    5vJrxmT.png