Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 aMAYzing Gift Exchange ~ DONE :)

Comments

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Interesting question/idea @Jessabeans
    The question regarding parking hasn't really come up before in any of our gift exchanges but it's definitely something people might/might not want in their builds. My suggestion is add your preferences to the "other" section at the end of the letter for the time being. It might be something I need to add to the letter for future gift exchanges.
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Hey, girl! @ciane :D

@Jessabeans, what a relief to know I'm not the only one that leaves garages out most of the time. :D I like using bike racks, instead.
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Waves @ciane ! :kissing_heart:

Gosh! I had forgotten all those options about cars/bikes/horses exist!...in Sims 3 :hushed: Absolutly wonderful! <3
    I recall that I used to add a car spot to my houses, sometimes bike racks as well, although my sims always drove a motorbike (The Beast) because the rebel trait.

dcc7xw.jpg
  • Options
    Testing the addition of this to Buddy Letter:

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? (Mention your preference and whether you want a parking spot or two, garage, bike racks, stable, broom stand. Some sims prefer to put transportation in their inventory, if applicable.)

@60smusicluvr @BreeMiles @ciane @equuest
    @Jessabeans @Kgaff @MsPrissy88 @suzses

Please edit your letter to add the following information. Thanks!
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Added the transportation question/answer to my letter.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options

Good idea, Addy!
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited April 2019
    That motorbike looks awesome Airis!

I've added it to my letter. It's not something I've given a lot of thought to, but garages are ubiquitous in request houses so I wondered if people who play larger families like to drive or have a garage full of bikes. Or if it's just a realism thing? It's always interesting to see what others prefer and how they play.

I noticed years ago that if you own a children's bike it will be their default vehicle so when I saw my sim's kid take off on her little bike to ride to school in Bridgeport I sold it. It made me nervous watching her with all those taxis and hills. I'm sure it looks really cute when kids ride to school in other neighborhoods.
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member

Hi everyone. ~~ :) ~~ It looks like this will be a fun exchange. It's my habit to send friend requests to anyone not on my friends list. If that's not something you want just ignore it, I won't be hurt.

I updated my letter for the transportation question.

I have a little test build to upload today, keep your fingers crossed!!
  • Options
    I hope your upload goes smoothly @Kgaff.
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    Good day everyone! I hope this Wednesday is finding everyone lovely! Good luck on the upload test @Kgaff <3
  • Options
    DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    No nudge needed, Ive been looking forward to this after missing the last one! Buddy letter to follow. <3<3<3
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Good luck, @Kgaff !!
    It was ages since the last time I saw My Page ! But I load it because you told about FR. Thank you very much because I discovered I had one from Addy! :mrgreen:
    You has been accepted, dear Addy! :joy:

@Jessabeans , I love when kiddos go to school by their bikes! So lovely! :love: I love too the boat taxis on some worlds with sea/islands.
  • Options
    Username: DinoJr

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/DinoJr42

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: Pets, Ambitions, World Adventures, Island Paradise, Supernatural, Showtime

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: None.

I own the following Store Content: The Green House, Happily Ever After clothing, and some random individual clothing bits, but will happily acquire more.

I own the following EA-made Worlds: Midnight Hollow, Riverview, Hidden Springs, Barnacle Bay, Lunar Lakes

Some of my favorite colors are: Green, Orange, silver, rainbows, Galaxy

I really don’t like this color: Yellow is my least favorite but I don't hate it.

I love to use items from this set: I haven't kept track of which sets what items are from! Any?

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: I have yet to play in all of them I think, but so far I like all of them.

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link): none?

I enjoy this style of build the most: Victorian, Scandinavian, Tudor, great big farm houses, cute small starters... Or something just completely outlandish <3

I really don’t want this in my game: The only thing I can think of here that isn't already covered by the rules is huge families. I get overwhelmed when there's too many sims to control at once! 4 sims is probably about as many as I can typically handle, maybe more if they are pets.

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: No preference here! I don't mind bulldozing a lot in any world to make room for something new.

I want/don’t want berry sims: No preference!

I want/don’t want occult sims: I like them!

I want/don’t want pets in the household: Pets are fine, but please, not just a single cat. They are so needy! If you want to put in a cat, do two, or cat and a dog, or something so they can play.

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much?: Up to you!

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household?: I think the best way to handle this is to make it fit whatever story might be taking shape. I don't mind completely unskilled sims though.

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build?: Nope! I try to do different things with new sims so there isn't one thing that I ALWAYS have. unless you count a computer, but even then there's always the library.

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? : Lately my favorite form of travel has been Zeniporting/ Tranquil Transference. But until I discovered that, usually just cab.

Other: I realize I've left this pretty open, but that's just me. I'm open to lots of new and different things, so there's no real rigid structure here. Another thing I want to mention is that most of you have a TON more experience than I do with the Sims, as I really only started playing a couple years ago, so there are a lot of things I haven't done, or tried yet. Recently most of my sims playing has been the result of a previous gift exchange, and its been responsible for me trying things with the game that I hadn't yet. (9 tombs in Egypt, and 4 tombs in China explored!)
    So for me really anything goes because some part of it is sure to be new or different! Most important though, is that my buddy has the creative license to create anything they desire. I'm excited to see it. <3

This text is to certify that I have read ALL the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Upload test was a success!!! Whew...I was worried about it.
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    @kgaff glad the exchange is working well for you. :)

@ADWilson, I updated my letter.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Exchange upload confirmed! ...After having to clear my internet explorer cache. Really EA? Internet explorer?!?!!? Shame.
  • Options
    Welcome back, @DinoJr
    It will be amazing to see what fun you'll deliver come gifting time!
  • Options
    Glad people are checking NOW to make sure there aren't any issues with uploading to their studios. :)
  • Options
    Thanks for having me @ADWilson Its good to be back!!! I'm excited to stretch my own creative muscles too!!!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    SIGN ME UP!!!!! :#B)

I just finished building a test house to see if I can still upload to the exchange.

IT WORKED!!!!

I will be back later tonight, or some time this week with my letter. :#B)

i built one just to see what it would look like theres a tiny gap in the roof but i should be able to fix it just need to know how
  • Options
    @friendsfan367

I found this roofing tutorial helpful, maybe it will help you. https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/buildedit/houses/roofs/
  • Options
    It's so good to see you all here. <3 I think we're going to have lots of fun.

Since I have uploaded to the exchange recently, about a week ago, and haven't had any log-in issues in the meantime, I'm good to go on that front. I've also been working on a house that I may upload before we get going full steam here, so that will be another check down the road a bit. If I could think of a name for it, I might put it up now. LOL
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    @friendsfan367

I found this roofing tutorial helpful, maybe it will help you. https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/buildedit/houses/roofs/

i'll look at it . i turned auto roof off which is a big step for me. but i tried to put 2 pieces of roof together now theres a gap in the middle.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    i'll look at it . i turned auto roof off which is a big step for me. but i tried to put 2 pieces of roof together now theres a gap in the middle.

That happened to me just recently and the only solution I found was to do something different with the roof. Sometimes you can work out a little problem where things come together, and other times you may as well stop banging your head on the keyboard.

Post edited by suzses on
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
    edited April 2019

Phew ... that took me longer than I thought ... but I finally wrote my first ever Buddy letter :)

Buddy Letter form:

Username: Hidehi
    Link to your Sims 3 My Page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Hidehi

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All ... patched up to 1.67

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: All except Katy Perry

I own the following Store Content: Pretty much all except a few promotional items

I own the following EA-made Worlds: All

Some of my favorite colors are: I like most colours especially neutral/earthy tones and blues, greens, muted purple/reds

I really don’t like this color: not that keen on bright neon .... or very busy wallpaper patterns in large areas

I love to use items from this set: I suppose I use bits and pieces of all the sets in my sims homes, I especially like items from the Brunch at the Old Mill set, Country Living, Club Vaindenburger, Once Upon a Time and a fair amount of general clutter ... 'The Lemonade Baron' makes an appearance in every one of my builds ;)

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: I tend to build more than I play and spend my time mostly in custom worlds (see below) or my own so I've never developed a fondness for any of the EA worlds ...

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link):
    Rflong7's 'Supernatural Island': http://www.mediafire.com/file/ywm0lhy036p8t31/Supernatural_Island.Sims3Pack/file and
    Johnnywr's 'Great Bear': https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5182185
    among others ...

I enjoy this style of build the most: (Examples: Craftsman, Victorian, Modern) I have no preference for any specific style ... I'm always amazed at the variety of different builds that are being uploaded.
    Although at the moment I'm really interested in houses/apartments or community lots e.g dance club with an industrial or Asian theme as I'm in the process of creating a mostly urban Chinese/Japanese inspired world.

I really don’t want this in my game: can't think of anything I really dislike

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: (If you’re a fan of tiny lots, then here is a great place to mention that! If larger lots make your game lag while loading them, mention it!): I must admit I am very intrigued how builders can squeeze so much into tiny lots but I usually prefer lot sizes between 20x20 and 40x40 max. Large lots are okay for farms and certain community builds.

I want/don’t want berry sims: not particularly

I want/don’t want occult sims: (Be sure to specifically list those that you are fine with or mention which ones you don’t want to see in your game!)
    I like all occult sims ... love the table manners of werewolves ;) ... but have not played them a lot

I want/don’t want pets in the household: (Like cats more than dogs? Prefer cute puppies to horses? Don’t want any critters? Mention it!)
    Animals whatever form, shape or size are okay, but I'm having difficulties looking after more than 2.

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? (Example: A couple of points, but not maxed out)
    See below

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? (Example: A few points in Cooking would be nice so sims don’t burn the grilled cheese and can make more than a mean bowl of cereal!)
    I agree a couple of levels in cooking, charisma and handiness would be nice but not necessary ... whatever would suit the sim or my buddy is fine by me.

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? (Example: I love having sims that can cook, garden, paint and write so having those skill objects would be awe-sim!)
    I usually like my sims homes to include quite a few activities and all sorts of skill building opportunities ... but they are not essential

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? (Mention your preference and whether you want a parking spot or two, garage, bike racks, stable, broom stand. Some sims prefer to put transportation in their inventory, if applicable.)
    I don't mind if a lot comes with or without any specific transportation storage .... ummm ... except maybe a stable if there is a horse in the household.

Other: (Describe here anything that you’d really like that might or might not have been previously mentioned!)
    I love the warm and fuzzy feeling one gets when one is given a gift someone else has put a lot of their time and effort into making and I am absolutely positive I will adore whatever my buddy will create as long as they've had fun doing so ... Happy Simming! :D

This text is to certify that I have read ALL the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.
    ~ end of form ~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top