Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Book club - Open for nominations

Comments

• JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    Oops, I remembered to check the forums a week late. Darn. :(
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    JoieWilder wrote: »

we can squeeze you in . i'm sure like you most of the nominees didn't check.

agggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh for old times sake. :)

actually legacy might have forgot too, which is good for me i can't seem to adjust to my new glasses. and i was supposed to host.
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member

actually legacy might have forgot too, which is good for me i can't seem to adjust to my new glasses. and i was supposed to host.

Is it my bad hosting? :D

@JoieWilder you're welcome to discuss your story this week as well. Overlapping is fine by me, especially since we appear to have quite a few absent simmers.
    edited April 2019

@JoieWilder you're welcome to discuss your story this week as well. Overlapping is fine by me, especially since we appear to have quite a few absent simmers.

no your a great host. i missed that jo was before legacy cause that was glasses week . then i didn't remind you about legacy cause my eyes are having trouble adjusting to my glasses.
    @JoieWilder here's some questions from me.

What gave you the idea to try a legacy?
    How many generations are you planning to do?
    Are you strictly story driven or do you allow the game to lead your plots?

no your a great host. i missed that jo was before legacy cause that was glasses week . then i didn't remind you about legacy cause my eyes are having trouble adjusting to my glasses.

I dunno, I think I've let this die abit XD
    edited April 2019
    And for @LegacySims2017

What do you enjoy most about the challenge?
    Which is your favourite couple so far?
    Since this is a game driven story, do you sometimes wish to override some of your sims choices?

well with legacy i completely dropped he ball first i didn't have glasses so i couldn't read now my eyes water if i wear them more than 4 hours. i work 4 hours and 45 minutes. :)

well with legacy i completely dropped he ball first i didn't have glasses so i couldn't read now my eyes water if i wear them more than 4 hours. i work 4 hours and 45 minutes. :)

I wonder if Legacy thinks it's next week too?

he might just be busy in rl.

Maybe. XD

Maybe. XD

dd we just break your rules again? we haven't done that since the first day.

Maybe. XD

dd we just break your rules again? we haven't done that since the first day.

Bahh! No one's here atm soo... :p
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I'm so happy to be talking about @LegacySims2017 story! @MadameLee Right, Magna? You're one of the stars of it!

It's so much fun!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    Oee, I love this idea! Would love to participate as well!
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I'm so happy to be talking about @LegacySims2017 story! @MadameLee Right, Magna? You're one of the stars of it!

It's so much fun!

were talking about him behind his back hes currently missing. :)
    @JoieWilder here's some questions from me.

Awesome questions, @simscognito ! And thank you so much :heart:

Honestly, just the fact that I'd never done one and wanted to give it a try. I never planned to share it with anyone. But I got so into Camille's story (man, that was a lifetime ago!), having her sneak around to see Shirley while she was seeing Huy, playing with Hadley and Shirley and finally finding someone for Hadley only to find out he had a wife. The drama was so good! I've always been a creative person with a passion for writing, so I wanted to share the drama that was unfolding in my game.

The plan when I started was to do the full 10. Whether I'll make it that far remains to be seen, but I have certainly not given up. I still think all the time about Logan and how to make his story unfold the way I want it to. Just the other night, I wrote a chapter for him, and it felt so good to get back into his mind and the world of the Thoreau's. So I'd say don't give up on me until I declare the story finished. ;)

In Gen 1, it was very blended together. The drama that was created in the game I just used a bit of creative license to tweak into a story. Now, I am pretty much strictly story driven, as my ideas have just exploded and I want to follow my vision. And yet, sometimes the game completely alters my original plans anyway.
    I never once planned for Logan and Zoe to have a baby together. Zoe was not intended to be a character that stuck around beyond the teenage arc. She was just a plot device. And then sim-Zoe got pregnant. It threw a huge monkey-wrench in my idea of what the rest of Gen 3 would look like for Logan. I could have just deleted the pregnancy (I am the all-powerful Watcher, after all ;) ), but then I just kept thinking, "Oooh, that's drama."
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    I’m here. As @friendsfan367 mentioned, just busy with work and life lately.
    And for @LegacySims2017

What do you enjoy most about the challenge?
    Which is your favourite couple so far?
    Since this is a game driven story, do you sometimes wish to override some of your sims choices?

1. Creating a plot to match the challenge criteria for each generation.
    2. Do you have to ask? lol :smiley: Joseph and Clare of course.
    3. All the time. And sometimes I have to for the sake of the plot, but I try and not for the sake of the challenge.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)

It's so much fun!

I see you! :wink:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif

It's so much fun!

And her sim selfie is a major character in the spin-off mini series.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited April 2019
    @JoieWilder: I was sad when you were probably going to miss Book Club but I'm fine with a bit of overlapping talk, no matter how much we've talked about it on Discord. ;)

Ugh I still have so much love for Camille (and it's not like she's dead yet, that's the benefit of releasing one chapter a year amirite). In general I like that same-sex attraction is treated as something normal and a perfectly fine way to have a happy ending in the legacy, and not just something for spares or exactly one Very Special Generation (tm). Obviously the writing and screenshots come first but I have my priorities as a reader! And I'm excited to see where Logan goes and surprises me. <3
    Post edited by InfraGreen on
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr

It's so much fun!

I see you! :wink:

i see you too. i aplogize for not reminding you.as you might know i couldn't read before glasses but adjusting to glasses and the way mine workis so far impossiblle. so i gt nervous
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    @JoieWilder: I was sad when you were probably going to miss Book Club but I'm fine with a bit of overlapping talk, no matter how much we've talked about it on Discord. ;)

Ugh I still have so much love for Camille (and it's not like she's dead yet, that's the benefit of releasing one chapter a year amirite). In general I like that same-sex attraction is treated as something normal and a perfectly fine way to have a happy ending in the legacy, and not just something for spares or exactly one Very Special Generation (tm). Obviously the writing and screenshots come first but I have my priorities as a reader! And I'm excited to see where Logan goes and surprises me. <3

i wouldn't have let that happen. yesterday when i realized i should have reminded my nominees i peeked and saw there was a few empty weeks.and i told jo when she popped up wed work it out i didn't even ask cog. :) i forgot itwas his thead.
    InfraGreen wrote: »

i wouldn't have let that happen. yesterday when i realized i should have reminded my nominees i peeked and saw there was a few empty weeks.and i told jo when she popped up wed work it out i didn't even ask cog. :) i forgot itwas his thead.

I do adore you, @friendsfan367 . :heart: You and your aggggh's make me smile.