Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you keep your sims/families together?

Comments

• DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Other (specify in comments!)
    It depends on the home and the family.
    Some households, one offspring will stay behind and own the house once their parents die, while the others move out and go elsewhere. Others may all move out and start fresh elsewhere.

So, it depends on the household, the house itself, and the type of story that I’m playing.
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I keep all of my families together
    I play with aging off and never age up my children, so I don't need to move anyone out.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I keep majority of my families together
    Once children become adults and they start their own family the grandparents help take care of kids until they die. If there are too many kids I will move them out , usually nearby. But there will always be a decendant living in the family house.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I keep majority of my families apart
    I don't but I keep playing the parents and the kids visit daily
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    edited March 2019
    I keep all of my families apart
    I tend to play Game of Thrones-style with my families. Everybody loses... eventually.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited April 2019
    They everyone leaves when they become young adults, grow their own empire. Eventually One (The Oldest) returns and Inherits the House when the parents die out. There's only one exception where the parent's dissolved the ice of one inheriting the Mansion and all 3 kids inherited the House equally. and they turned it into their Vacation/Holiday Home, instead of making it their primary residence.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • March306March306 Posts: 1,012 Member

I think I voted wrong... I play legacies and I keep one of the children ( a heir) and then kick out any spare children that have grown up.
    5DG72Tj.gif
  • NofravellNofravell Posts: 975 Member
    Sometimes it depends on how much I like the house they live in. And if I want it to stay within the same family or not. If there's more then one child in the same family, I usually have one (or more depending how many there are) move out and one stay. I also have a tendency to play with more than one household so it does take awhile before the kids move out.
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    If I have one child they'll stay at home til the parent dies so they inherit their houses, so they'd continue the family while the parents alive in the same home. With multiple children the same happens, and the siblings are moved out to live woth spouses or roommates, then I use a club system to bring family members together
    caitytrina.png
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Sometimes I move out teens already. Depending on their life and home situation. I blame TS4 for this, cause teen lifes are usually so boring and don't differ from YA that I just keep playing with them as they are YA already, cause of the lack of activities for teens. What is the point really? School does not effect them at all, work brings them nowhere in their future. They have no college, no prom, hangout for teens don't work at all, teens in the neighbourhood are very rare and there are just not enough spots where teens would normally be.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    It really depends on the family more than anything and how I feel when their young seem ready to move out. Honestly it was easier when we had Uni by now as my Sims young would head off to Uni and then when they had all their degrees etc - and was done with school - then I'd be more inclined to decide. But I rarely make my families a carbon copy of the other families. I prefer to treat them each according to how they played to that point. So nothing is pre-planned in regards to moving or not - for any Sims. I do think more of my females than males I keep in the family homes longer - but nothing is cut in stone. It's just easier if the girl finds her beloved, for her mom and dad to throw the wedding for the couple and then they move out into their first place.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Generally, one child stays with the parents and raises their own children in the family home, and the siblings move out. In my longest running save it has always been the youngest who stays, because that way there's room for the spouse and kids after the older siblings have moved on. Sometimes another child will stay, if they're not going to get married, because single sim households get boring for me after a while.
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Some stay with their parent or parents even as YA until they make serious moves/money in their career. Some have moved out immediately after aging up to YA and live with roommates. Some have found the love of their life and moved out, eventually marrying. I’ve had siblings that lived in separate households, move in together in apartments in San Myshuno. It all depends on the nature/character of the sim and what their social needs are.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    I have to confess I teetered over the answer I selected and the 'Other' option. This because I moved the eldest son and his new wife to their own place after the wedding. I have a tendency to move the intended spouse into the parents' household so I can control them. too. Then I moved the daughter her new husband, plus the second oldest son in to their own place. I did have son number three and his wife stay with the parents, since he was in Residency, as in he's a doctor.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Since I play legacy I need to stay with the parents til they die. I move out non usable siblings though. And try to have therm as friends.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i keep all of my simstoghter as well as keeping aging fully off because as a player i find it more fun keeping aging fully turn off in the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    Meaning that I don't move out parents of the next generation. I will move out all the children but one or two to make more room in the household, but at least the heir and their spouses and children still live with the parents until the parents die so I can still play them. I keep the other family members in their lives, though. It simply wouldn't be feasible to keep all the other siblings, their spouses, and eventually their children in one household.
    But, no. I don't kick out the grandparents or make all the kids move out. I become attached to those Sims because I've had them so long. I don't want to ditch them once the become elders. But I also find playing all elder households a bit boring. So they stay with the main family.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    No one ever moves out in my family, when the child marries, and have kids they all stay together, Mother, Father, Kid, when married wife moves in and when they have a child they still stay, Mother, Father, child, wife, grandparents. and life continues. But then again I only have one child, so the most in the family is 5 and when the grandparents die, they are back to 3. Life goes on. Perhaps I do this as my grandparents always lived with us.
  • simimpsimimp Posts: 94 Member
    I mainly play legacies so it's bound to be the case that the majority of my sims are moved out of the family home, but I always try to have them married or pregnant before they leave to keep their lineage going.
    twas brillig, amirite?
  • Demery27Demery27 Posts: 222 Member
    I usually keep my family together until the kids turn into Young adults then I have them move out
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I move all but the heir to the family line out.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • eeeyuneeeyun Posts: 45 Member
    Literally 99% of the time I have the kids move out. With my legacy family I try to give each kid really different traits from the rest so they all go down different paths, which makes it more fun for me to play. A downside is that I always forget to make the family meet up, so a lot of the time my sims never see their parents after becoming a young adult!
  • SaldukeleSaldukele Posts: 29 Member
    I play different with different families, some of my sims move out as soon as they are adults, some wait until they get married, others work in parents house until they earn decent living to move out. I like it as different as possible for every sim, just like in real life. I always make sure that they all keep in touch, even if they live apart, so any party, gathering, holiday all they family members are invited. One of my children would always stay in the parents house, cause i don't like to loose my houses. :)
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I give my sims careers and loved ones... sometimes I let them start families by getting pregnant with nooboos, then they move on out to live their lives free of the hand of Micromanagement. I like to believe I will keep them and their offspring in touch with the main family but the truth is, once they are out on their own, they are just free. They get nice homes, careers and families, then they forget who the family that sprung them actually is. Not because I dislike them, but because I have a hard time managing that many people all at once.

I'll still go in and play them individually, but maintaining relationships between households often doesn't happen because I am a terrible simmer.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited April 2019
    I keep the same amount of families together as apart
    I go usually by their relationships and traits. Like a loner or lazy YA (and if their the heir) might stay with their parents especially if they have a close relationship with them. But then outgoing or self-assured traits may want to get away. Plus, I have some kids who had very strict or relaxed parents and gained some bad/good traits due to them. So naturally, their relationships are so strained/good that it feels natural for them to want to live on their own or stay. I factor all of those little things in lol.

Often if they're just in the middle I tend to simply flip coins :lol: Spares though have a less likely chance of staying but I've been known to switch my mind between the heir and spares.

No matter which one I pick though, I always have get-togethers during Seasonal holidays, Birthdays, house warming parties, baby showers, and even traditional family dinner parties come in handy. Also if I'm ever too lazy to see what's happening in the spares' house(it happens a bit lol) MCCC always makes me check it out with its many changes lol.

I do have quite a few single parent situations as well. Thus I do try to incorporate moments where the kids can see their 'away parent' on the weekends. There are also a few scenarios where some sims have adopted other sims' children due to either being neglected (social worker) or the family member that had custody of the child died abruptly. Usually, in the vanilla game the child would be deleted, but thanks to MCCC the child gets to be adopted by other families in the game. It really gives an unexpected feel story wise (in a good way).
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams