Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Will Of The Goddess - An Amazon Tale - UPDATED 4/11/19]

Comments

• WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    ZOMG :scream:

How did I miss the political factions page...

/fangirls
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    WagonFruit wrote: »

/fangirls

Phhhh, number 1 rule: when there's a new story, always go looking for every trivia you can find and complain that there's so little of it! :tongue:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26

/fangirls

Phhhh, number 1 rule: when there's a new story, always go looking for every trivia you can find and complain that there's so little of it! :tongue:

AND A PANTHEON.
    No one spoils me like this, tho, except you @MrsRacooney :kissing_heart:
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member

/fangirls

AND A PANTHEON.
    No one spoils me like this, tho, except you @MrsRacooney :kissing_heart:

That pantheon might get a few new editions after this next chapter. (well, one anyway, heh)

I think we can all agree @MrsRacooney spoils us all shamelessly with her trivia tidbits.

And just to tide you over, dear Froots ...
    QKVPckL.png

That didn't make it into the final lineup of screenshots, but the look on the other redhead's face was just too priceless to to turn into a teaser.

Tomorrow! (Cuz I still gotta type this thing up) :D
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    I'm enjoying it so far. I get some of the historical/mythical references
    6adMCGP.gif
    Haflinger wrote: »

And just to tide you over, dear Froots ...
    QKVPckL.png

That didn't make it into the final lineup of screenshots, but the look on the other redhead's face was just too priceless to to turn into a teaser.

Tomorrow! (Cuz I still gotta type this thing up) :D

OMG.
    ROFL
    I believe in you, can rebuild it!
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I'm enjoying it so far. I get some of the historical/mythical references

Thanks, that means a lot. :) My college major is Anthropology with an emphasis in Archeology, so I gotta throw in the historical stuff because it's pretty much what I do. And my minor is Classics, which is basically mythology (well, Greek/Roman literature and culture, etc. so pretty much the same thing)

Aaaaaaaand ... the Pantheon has a little update. :D

Also ... Tribe Nisídatheás now has 2 ... count 'em ... members. Although one doesn't seem to be human. :D

Enjoy!
    IT'S READIN' TIME
    So excite...brb...
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    Not wanting to experience pregnancy and childbirth alone is a wise decision in my eyes. It's dangerous, all the more without a skilled attendant at one's side. Although Maia might have sent someone to fill that place for as long as the condition lasts - but you never know if they can be trusted.
    I feel a strong connection to Myfanwy (how do you even pronounce that? O.o) Would I live in your story, that would have been my task: herbs, medicine. Magic, to say it in the words of everyone else :D
    Great. See what you've done. Now I want to hold a kitten, too. Meeeeh. Meeeeeeeh! :tongue:
    Oh what extraordinary incident that Ourania happens to be your favorite Goddess, too. Really. What a coincidence. Lol. Eheheee! :smirk:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Ahh! Nausicaa, she is such still such an innocent :grimace:

I loved this little adventure of hers! And I love Myfanwy and Ourania!
    I was very sad that Myfanwy didn't want to join the Amazons though, I like her a lot, she's living my best life (but she needs some goats maybe), but I have faith that the actual first person to join the Tribe will be even better then!

Oh mannn...someone needs to have "the talk" with our poor queen...
    What is she going to do when she meets a cute guy?! O.O

Setting on point as usual! I felt so transported :blush:
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • SarahkaySarahkay Posts: 362 Member
    edited April 2019
    Kitteh! <3<3<3<3
    Glad to see she's getting out of her comfort zone. I fully understand wanting to stay home where it's safe (and easy). Lol
    Not wanting to experience pregnancy and childbirth alone is a wise decision in my eyes. It's dangerous, all the more without a skilled attendant at one's side. Although Maia might have sent someone to fill that place for as long as the condition lasts - but you never know if they can be trusted.

Right. And people talk... sooo ... Maia probably xan't even expect her own servant not to keep her mouth shut, which either means there's got to be a mute servant or a dead one. And that might be better to just let Nausicaa and her people handle it (never mind she hasn't got "people" yet ... but soon)

I feel a strong connection to Myfanwy (how do you even pronounce that? O.o) Would I live in your story, that would have been my task: herbs, medicine. Magic, to say it in the words of everyone else :D

It's Welsh. And you know how the Welsh are. Very confusing names eh? I've heard it pronounced as Muh-VAHN-wi.
    Great. See what you've done. Now I want to hold a kitten, too. Meeeeh. Meeeeeeeh! :tongue:

Wouldn't Phyllis like a kitteh?
    Oh what extraordinary incident that Ourania happens to be your favorite Goddess, too. Really. What a coincidence. Lol. Eheheee! :smirk:

LMAO. I haaaaad to name something after my favoritest goddess. I've always loved her, cuz the Muses are the most awesome evar (and we're not talking that silly singing quartet from that Disney farce. :p But Ourania is like the ultimate starwatcher. She rocks my socks (and it's not because of the Apollo association either, cuz he's my favorite god and that stuff)
    Sarahkay wrote: »
    Kitteh! <3<3<3<3
    Glad to see she's getting out of her comfort zone. I fully understand wanting to stay home where it's safe (and easy). Lol

Floofy kettieh! Or maybe not so floofy since she's an Egyptian Mau.

I'm proud of Nausicaa. She's trying, even if she's really a homegirl. But she has a tribe to build. And a little boat to sail by. 😂 I've come to love the green screens from Get Famous. They're so handy dandy.
    Ahh! Nausicaa, she is such still such an innocent :grimace:

I loved this little adventure of hers! And I love Myfanwy and Ourania!
    I was very sad that Myfanwy didn't want to join the Amazons though, I like her a lot, she's living my best life (but she needs some goats maybe), but I have faith that the actual first person to join the Tribe will be even better then!

Oh mannn...someone needs to have "the talk" with our poor queen...
    What is she going to do when she meets a cute guy?! O.O

Setting on point as usual! I felt so transported :blush:

Nausicaa is sooooo innocent. I mean, she knows the mechanics. But the actual deed itself? Oh boy! That's going to be .... interesting.

Speaking of cute guys ... we're getting there yet, eh?

I think it would have been nice to have Catarina Lynx Myfanwy join the tribe ... but she has cats. Lots and lots of cats, and that's a lotta cats running around my active household. So she gets to stay where she is, and Nausicaa can go visit her.

Oh and goats? ...
    dhSKLRP.png

The Great Froot has spoken! Goats for EVERYONE Myfanwy!
    Right. And people talk... sooo ... Maia probably xan't even expect her own servant not to keep her mouth shut, which either means there's got to be a mute servant or a dead one. And that might be better to just let Nausicaa and her people handle it (never mind she hasn't got "people" yet ... but soon)

Right! But maybe they would know some other way to communicate that, so definitely a dead servant in the end *shrugs* High waste, eh?
    Wouldn't Phyllis like a kitteh?

Oh my, please don't :D Since buying pets two months ago or so, I've been thinking about giving her one and a dog to Lyta. The cat would be named Mnemosyne but don't tell her anything since otherwise she won't let us in peace until she's actually got the cat. And I'm not decided yet.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • SarahkaySarahkay Posts: 362 Member
    @MrsRacooney you give that girl a kitteh! A nice and floofeh kitteh!

Is that how you did the boat? Dang! Should have bought Get Famous when it was on sale.
    Kittehs for EVERYONE!!!

@Sarahkay Yup! I've got green screens everywhere in my game. They hide the modern world, and make it easy to put a good background on in Photoshop. Or to set up a scene that would otherwise be impossible.
    GASP MYFANWY HAS A GOAT NAO :love:

She really is living my best life fully :bawling: /fistbumps Myfanwy

I feel you on the cats thing; herds of TS4 cats are nice...to look at (in someone else's household) (tyvm).
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    I've got green screens everywhere in my game. They hide the modern world, and make it easy to put a good background on in Photoshop. Or to set up a scene that would otherwise be impossible.

Seriously I'm hating myself for not having that idea earlier. Guess it was just a habit from before GF to hide all those wind wheels and traffic lights :tired_face: But no more! This is legit the best idea ever! How cans we all thanks you? :bawling:
    GASP MYFANWY HAS A GOAT NAO :love:

She really is living my best life fully :bawling: /fistbumps Myfanwy

I feel you on the cats thing; herds of TS4 cats are nice...to look at (in someone else's household) (tyvm).

Right. Right?! Oh my, I would love if Nausicaa had adopted all the kittens because they're nice to look at, swoon over and hear from Hafi what mischief they're getting in but I'd never want so many myself (you have sim toddlers and kids for that, obviously)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    That screens idea is brilliant!! :bawling:

@MrsRacooney
    Yes, omg, toddlers are so much like baby animals O.O
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    I looooove the green screens. So much easier to make things ... work, I guess. They aren't needed everywhere, but gotta hide all that modern stuff somehow.

So this must be Update Amazon Stories Day, eh?

Tribe Nisídatheás has a new member. And will likely have another shortly.

Enjoy!!
    Amazon Update Day is the best day :blush: Someone should declare it official holiday!

Baaahaha, not only the Amazons have tales and myths to tell, Nausicaa :joy: Nothing more threatening for a man raised in patriarchy than a woman with arms - no wonder such cruel myths exist.
    Having Akela in her tribe would of course be a good addition - she could make pottery (at least I assume she can?) to sell and thus secure their living. On the other hand, Akela's attitude toward men could also cause problems when they're getting into contact, who knows, maybe some man does lose his way and arrive on the island :/
    I am intrigued why Antianeira is so sure it is her destiny to serve Nausicaa. Usually, Amazon queens are the best warriors and while we know Nausicaa's talents lie elsewhere and are maybe even more important than knowing to fight, Antianeira either has a very good knowledge of human nature or she has another reason to pledge loyalty to a queen who would be completely helpless without her (that much she must have picked up already)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Amazon Update Day is the best day :blush: Someone should declare it official holiday!

I shall declare it official then. Any day that two or more Amazon stories get a new chapter, it shall henceforth be known as Amazon Update Day (which means we’ll likely get it more than once a year, but that makes it like unbirthdays, all the merrier!)
    Baaahaha, not only the Amazons have tales and myths to tell, Nausicaa :joy: Nothing more threatening for a man raised in patriarchy than a woman with arms - no wonder such cruel myths exist.
    Having Akela in her tribe would of course be a good addition - she could make pottery (at least I assume she can?) to sell and thus secure their living. On the other hand, Akela's attitude toward men could also cause problems when they're getting into contact, who knows, maybe some man does lose his way and arrive on the island :/

Ahh, but it’s Mikkos the Potter, not Akela, so pottery might not be her thing and she just sells it for her “master” but perhaps she brings other … talents… to the bargaining table, which might make her valuable to the tribe. Answers shall be forthcoming in subsequent chapters.
    I am intrigued why Antianeira is so sure it is her destiny to serve Nausicaa. Usually, Amazon queens are the best warriors and while we know Nausicaa's talents lie elsewhere and are maybe even more important than knowing to fight, Antianeira either has a very good knowledge of human nature or she has another reason to pledge loyalty to a queen who would be completely helpless without her (that much she must have picked up already)

All this and more shall be answered, some as soon as Chapter 5, but Antianeira’s true purpose is…
    not gonna be spoiled, nope nope.
    Ahhh! Omg. This chapter.

I was so happy to see some progress in tribe forming for Nausicaa! I can't wait to see how this shakes out with Akela (and to know more about her culture and he experiences), and I swear to you I teared up a little when Antianeira came to her rescue and pledged her service :bawling:

I feel like the dynamic between these three woman will be absolutely riveting, and I'm so excited to get to know them better; all this prose about how Amazons threaten men by their very existence got me right in my feels, they are neither capable or willing to understand the concept of a woman free of male dominance.
    Whatever shenanigans Antianeira may (or may not) get up to in the future, she will always have my vote for this singular moment of awesomeness <3

I fully support Amazon Update Day :joy:
    FzWOQ8X.jpg