Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Medieval Discussion Thread

Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
As the title says...

A few questions...
1. What is your favorite hero/profession?
2. What is your least favorite hero/profession?
3. What is your current kingdom's name?
4. Who is your monarch?

My answers:
1. Bards/Peteran priests
2. Blacksmiths
3. Azalea
4. Frederick Azalea
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Did you make this thread just for us? Aww you big softie! ;)

1. What is your favorite hero/profession? I... I honestly like them all. >.< Spymaster and Bard? Really like that Wizard and Physician too, though... and I'm a sucker for a humble Peteran priest.
    3. What is your least favorite hero/profession? Jacoban Priest (stuffy lot they are)...
    4. What is your current kingdom's name? Nirn
    5. Who is your monarch? Lady Amalthea the Great (Literally, no idea what her real last name was.. I think Muir... At this point in my questing it shows her name as Lady Amalthea the Great, though. lol)

I like the name Azalea for a kingdom!

tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    1. Blacksmith :)
    2. Merchant, they always get these annoying daily tasks, but they can make tons of money.
    3. Asgard
    4. Emperor Thor the Illustrious ;) (doing the imperial domination aspiration, 5 down 3 to go - currently 28 QP left, should be a piece of cake. Thor's last name is Hammer because he was the blacksmith in my previous kingdom, he's currently level 10.6 and has the "natural leader" LT).

I hope I translated everything right ;)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Thursday10pmThursday10pm Posts: 193 Member
    As the title says...

A few questions...
    4. Who is your monarch?

1. Spy (with merchant and physician running close seconds, wizard is pretty good too)
    2. Knight. No matter what traits I give him/her, or what level they're at, they always seem to get their 🐸🐸🐸🐸 kicked :(
    3. School - My sense of humour is a bit odd lol "We will not tolerate bullies in School" etc...
    4. Ummm! No clue, sorry. Can't even remember if it's male or female lol. I tend not to get too attached to characters in Medieval, their lifespans are pretty short
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    As the title says...

A few questions...
    4. Who is your monarch?

My answers:
    1. Bards/Peteran priests
    2. Blacksmiths
    3. Azalea
    4. Frederick Azalea

I had started the same thread a few days before this one Colton. Too bad I couldn't get you to comment in it. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ANIMALadorerANIMALadorer Posts: 64 Member
    1. What is your favorite hero/profession? Bard. (My bard is always female and for some reason I don't know I name her Juliet.)
    2. What is your least favorite hero/profession? Probably the blacksmith.
    3. What is your current kingdom's name? Woodlands.
    4. Who is your monarch? I name her Evelyn.
  • EGrace93EGrace93 Posts: 95 Member
    I'm a bit a late to the party but here are my answers

1. What is your favorite hero/profession? Hmmm, I don't really know. Maybe merchant atm
    2. What is your least favorite hero/profession? Blacksmiths for the time it takes to level them and knights because they don't have any unique actions
    3. What is your current kingdom's name? Ladyland
    4. Who is your monarch? Queen Tar-Míriel the Illustrious. She's a sim version of a fictional character who should have got to rule but didn't
  • dallymunoz21dallymunoz21 Posts: 99 Member
    I'm sorry I know that this is not the right place but for some reason the new discussion button isn't showing for me.

I bought the sims medieval last night but every time I open it this happens, can someone please help?

/Users/odalysmunoz/Desktop/Snap 2016-09-25 at 17.21.38.png
  • dallymunoz21dallymunoz21 Posts: 99 Member
    This is the link to the picture of what it does every time I open it
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    And almost a year later....
    1. What is your favorite hero/profession? Blacksmith/Merchant because crafting/sailing to trade/selling/bigger houses to decorate
    2. What is your least favorite hero/profession? Wizard - rather boring quests. Little interaction with others.
    3. What is your current kingdom's name? Legend (I'm doing the Legendary Ambition - duh)
    4. Who is your monarch? Punk Rock (because he's young, entitled, and has that stupid Mohawk.)
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited November 2016
    As the title says...

A few questions...
    4. Who is your monarch?

1- The spy or the queen
    2- I really don't have a least but if I had to pick one I'll say the blacksmith
    3- I will be starting fresh today and that kingdom will likely be named Ferretopia
    4- not sure because I'll be making a new one today but she will be fair and kind although a bit entitled, her fatal flaw will be gluttony as will the merchant, the knight and blacksmith will be drunkards, the spy will be a cat in heat, and I haven't decided on the others yet.

@dallymunoz21 that link is a path on your pc that we can't actually see, try taking a screen shot and uploading to tinypic.com or descriibing the issue. It is worth noting that there was an update this week, you might try updating or repairing it through origin.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • cejaceja Posts: 33 Member
    1. My favorite is the wizard. It's just too convenient to meditate and retain my focus at any time. Plus the fact they can gather all resources and make gear. In fact my monarch was a wizard in her previous life.
    2. My least is probably the spy. The spy because in the beginning they always end up locked up haha.
    3. My kingdoms name is Hard Workers...I know unimaginative but I name my current kingdom the same as my current ambition to help me remember which one I'm currently working on.
    4. Honestly can't remember.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    As the title says...

A few questions...
    4. Who is your monarch?

1. I really enjoy Bard, but Blacksmith is also really satisfying.
    2. Merchant. Yawn. Stand in the yard, queue up socials, make a sale, repeat. Occasionally make an inconvenient trip overseas. Run home and try to make the delivery on time.
    3. Kingland. Where they speak Kinglish, of course.
    4. Currently, Queen Simrietta I, following the shocking assassination of her regrettable nephew, King Simrey IV, called "The Chinless" in the chronicles. Simrietta has a strong chin, and is shaping up to be a much less disappointing monarch.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

Just got the game, so I haven't got a favorite yet.

Same.

Doomdom (I'm sure my first try is doomed to fail... plus I drew a blank).

4. Who is your monarch?

Lady Madam (yes, I know... very original... again, I know this one will be doomed to fail).
    p8L4V6v.png
    Welcome to TSM, @ChelleJo ! :D

The first Ambition is pretty forgiving, and while there are all kinds of things to get a feel for, and it plays quite differently from, say, TS3, the early missions kind of ease you into it.

Best starter tips: when you are still poor, discover and pick all the Wildflowers you can find. Keep the seeds - they make a food that is at least a +5 focus buff rather than the -5 from gruel. Sell the flowers and odd herbs - and everything else you don't need - to buy a better bed.

Good luck & happy Simming!
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    @Sindocat Thanks for the welcome and those tips! :) I did have Lady get some wildflowers, and others said she couldn't get them. I'm really enjoying this game, but find I don't have enough time in the day to do the quest and other things. My sim usually falls in bed, exhausted and hungry, about 2am. :D
    p8L4V6v.png
    That's a huge part of why a better bed helps. They can get that sweet "Well-Rested" boost in about 4 Sim hours.

Another tip is to prioritize the daily Responsibilities over quest steps - the quests usually give you plenty of time, and it's not a worry until you have the 3x warning, because then no matter your focus, your progress bar is falling. Dailies have a hard deadline, and penalize you with a Focus debuff if you miss them. I try to clear them as quickly as I can after 9am. For the starting monarch, probably the toughest is the bear hunt - I have had some bad mauling experiences with that, especially at low levels! Mostly it gets to be a balancing act - how many XP-generating activities can I fit in along the way, among how many mood-boosters, and how long can I procrastinate the Quest profitably (giving it time to rise into Platinum zone)?

Best of luck!
  • AngelAriesAngelAries Posts: 57 Member
    A few questions...
    --- The Blacksmith first, then Wizard. Together they can create some amazing things for most of the kingdom (Knights, Monarch, etc), especially if you manage to track down some of those harder-to-get materials. Plus they're super easy to level; crafting on the Blacksmith has always been fun for me. Double Arrow, back and forth between the anvil and Forge, and things just get done. Tip: Upgrade your hammer asap, and as often as you can.
    --- First the Spy, then the Merchant. For me these tend to be the hardest to get good xp on. Maybe it's because I save them for last - maybe it's because I'm just not that focused on money or being a deviant. >.>
    --- Inonia. Everyone's an Insomniac. I might not get a sweet sleep buff, but I get sweet nap buffs and never sleep more than I want to. Things just get done.
    4. Who is your monarch?
    --- Lady Mercia the Great. Other than that I don't recall what I used as her last name.

Currently Trying for the "Hard Workers" Platinum Achievement. >.< I got Bronze within five quests because getting the Heroes to level 5 is super easy when you know how to micro-manage Responsibilities vrs Quest Goals vrs XP grinds.

I absolutely love this game.
    I hope you all continue to do so as well.
    Happy Simming!!
    edited April 2019
    I'll play!

This is a hard call. It's hard to sift out which is most useful to Kingdom development, which created Hero character I like best, and which Hero Profession I actually enjoy for its mechanics, responsibilities and skills.

But I am going to say "Spy". I like sword professions, I like gathering/crafting professions, and I like political intrigue at court.

I am also very fond of my Blacksmith. He's the backbone of a successful kingdom.

Merchant. Trade abroad is an enormous hassle. If I get that responsibility, plus the one first to check hot deals in the village, then to return to buy, I essentially have no time to do anything else. It is a long walk just to get to the ship, then it's board to manually load the cargo, then sail to the right port, then board the ship again to unload the cargo, then find the target NPC and deliver the goods. Hate it. I definitely play Merchant the least - poor Bernhard and Averell, my M and F merchants, respectively. They get no love from me.

Kingland - rhymes with "England", but it's... king-y.

4. Who is your monarch?

Simrey XIII - "the Boy King" – The dynastic name is "Rex". Queens get surnamed "Regina". Kingland is secure, prosperous, learned and healthy, meaning that a young king can be more fun-loving and adventurous than the early days, when he had to be a formidable warrior first and foremost. Make no mistake, however, this young monarch can absolutely deliver a smackdown when called for.

qkC0FEH.jpg

Here Young King Simrey reminds his spymaster Rolando who rules, as Abbot Jevon and Dame-Commander Valora watch (along with Random Town Peasant #12).

Kingland, forever!

EDIT - Oh, I had already done the questions - two and a half years ago! :D Queen Simrietta Regina I was a good monarch. I guess I hadn't fallen in love with Spy yet. Already hated Merchant. Haha! :D
  • SimSiggySimSiggy Posts: 4 New Member
    Favorite heroes: Wizard, Physician, Monarch, Spy
    Least favorite: Merchant, any of the priests
    Kingdom name: Eselred
    Monarch: Boudicea Ineci
    Physician: Stephen Maturin
    Wizard: Morgana LeFaye
    Merchant: Taloon Obsidian
    Spy: Sun Quan Kim (she's Korean and a 🐸🐸🐸🐸)
    Knight: Lancelot DuLac
    Lancelot was killed so I replaced him with Gawain

I recently started playing TSM again. Forgot how fun and addicting it is. Quite a few quest-killing glitches in the game that caused me to stop playing for a while. The most annoying was when my heroes couldn't collect certain herbs or mine azurite. I also had Taloon stuck in his bed and had to quit without saving because there was no way of fixing it. I really wish EA wouldn't have abandoned TSM, it could have been improved and othet expansion packs added besides Pirates & Nobles. I really don't know why they didn't.
  • Millesmille00Millesmille00 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! I'm having trouble getting my TSM custom content and mods to work. I recently started to play the game again after I got it to work on my Origin account. But could anyone, please, tell me what I am doing wrong? I have followed every installation guide etc - I put the Resource.cfg file in my Sims Medieval main folder (where the game is installed) and then created the Mods folder with the Packages folder inside. In the Package folder I put my .package files (mostly hairs and clothes) and the "nointro mod". I also put the d3dx9_31.dll in Game/Bin folder. What am I doing wrong? I really need help with this -- and I'm sorry if I'm messing up your discussion board but I need someone who knows how to fix this to help me :)
    Thank you in advance.
    Look at your Documents folder. Is there an Electronic Arts folder in there? Look inside. Is there a Sims Medieval folder in that?

That's where the Mods folder goes - in there with "Saves", "Screenshots", etc. Mods don't go in the install folder.
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    edited August 2020
    Have you ever been sent to the stocks because you've been doing extremely bad in your quest? :D I was yesterday. :D
    Wow! No, I don't think I have ever fallen that far behind. Occasionally - well, more than occasionally - a Spy gets sent to the Stocks for getting caught on Daily Responsibilities, especially in early levels while still poor at class skills.
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Occasionally - well, more than occasionally - a Spy gets sent to the Stocks for getting caught on Daily Responsibilities, especially in early levels while still poor at class skills.

Haha, almost always. :D I used a cheat to turn off responsibilities and that was a relief!

• JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    It's almost October! I keep a schedule for when I can play this game so I don't burn out. I think I have been waiting for October since March. Who is still playing this year? Any new players?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top