Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bunker guy pilot Cahill Strangerville

HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
So, have you played the Cahill pilot?

I was surprised by his aspiration and despite the fact that "he means no harm", I can't help imagining him taking the matter in his own hands if the infection spreads, and by that, I do not mean giving vaccines. He's an ex-military guy and he is also hot-headed and paranoid.

I could see him planting booby traps in his front lawn, maybe a cow plant (he was quite turned off by the welcome wagon) but he has no gardening skill. :(

I also imagine him hack his way in the lab (he spends so much time on the computer), lock the infected sims in the lab and display fireworks.... Ehm. But would that even work?

How did you play Cahill?

Any idea how he could create... Ahem... Ghosts?

Or he should just stick in his bunker?
I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...

Comments

• EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member

@Hejix I like the bunker and he does look interesting, I will not have my game until this weekend. Are you playing him.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited March 2019
    @Hejix When booby traps were mentioned I immediately thought making disguised pit traps that the possessed Sims could fall into and be collectively cured from above! How did Maxis miss this? :) (We could have got ladders with it too).
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    @evalen yes, I'm playing him... That's actually the subject of that thread... He's cool, however the counters of his kitchen are bugged and the curtain of his shower doesn't close. Lack of mechanical skills? I just wonder what other people did with him. Should he stay in his bunker, investigate, kill all the zombies?

@Simburian that would be cool to catch them up in a hole and shower them with medication... ;) I'm still, however, looking for a way to create, ahem, ghosts... In a silly way of course... Yes, ladders...
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    He should definitely kill zombies! The game respawns zombies, so sooner or later he'll notice it's a losing battle and look for a better solution. Or just stack more traps.

As for how, I love the cowplant idea because
    earth plant monster Vs. alien plant monster!
    . However,
    when in possessed mode sims can only walk and talk their special dialogue choices. Also their motives are full.
    So I doubt they'll go for the cake. The only viable option may be something along the lines of "go here together" or "swim together" and the lead them near a fire or acid pond (swimming pool).
    @EnkiSchmidt Endless pool of zombies... in a (acid) pool. Yes, that sounds right! :) I also like your first spoiler idea! If it wasn't for his aspiration, he'd stay in his bunker, but it's kind of boring watching him typing on his computer all day long!
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Ohh... I like him a lot. Post pics if you feel like it, this sounds like fun :)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    I don't usually play the pre-mades but he seems an interesting sim. Might check him out.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I don’t play elder sims much, but he seems neat.

Can you freeze sims to death with the sims ray?
    I think they unfreeze eventually. I just tried it once... I thought about it... But he is not a scientist... He'll probably die before he gets one!

I'm afraid he'll die before I can do anything with him. :0

If mother offers him a fruit, he'll want to refuse, but as a player, I might try to force him to eat it anyway!

He's angry because he won't be able to travel anymore and won't see the Sim jungle as he wished! Where are the rescues? Again, mother will try to show him the pleasant sides of immortality!

No, no, NEVER!

I'll look if there are barbed wires in build mode and start digging trenches, hehe.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited March 2019
    I talked with him during the investigation. He seemed nice enough, though no doubt he would turn on me if he had the chance.

I also thought his home lot was awesome and contemplated turning the lifespans to short so the lot would be available for my Sims to move in. (I know, I could just evict him, but that's just rude, you know?) ;)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    @katrinaforest Yes, speeding his last days is so much better, lol.

He was quite friendly when my yeti showed up to check on his secret documents in the middle of the night. (Come on ea, a bit of personality here please?) I would have never guessed his traits! Looks like a happy grandpa.
    Mmm, I think the government might try to lock him down in his own bunker! But the dude still has his computer to cause mayhem.
    Some diy canons... for protection against zombies!

GorYybn.png

"In my time, we sent a rescue team when an soldier was down!"

"You're retired!"

u2uAcZ6.png

Neutralizing the zombies...

ihfFO8B.png

• wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    My Sims cured the pilot of infection and asked him to join the fight mother plant. My three sims failed to the first attempt to fight the plant, I am hoping the pilot can help defeat the plant with my trio.
    I'm sure the pilot is a worthy ally in fighting the plant, being an ex-military and all...
    Hejix wrote: »
    I'm sure the pilot is a worthy ally in fighting the plant, being an ex-military and all...

Thanks, I have six sims on my team, the military friend said that there was an operation called big mama, will I need to add another military officer to the team to fight the big plant.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    LOL, that sounds like fun. I think I'll try him out. On the other hand... I wonder what he would be like as a ghost?
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited March 2019
    I had several sims agree to join the fight but I could only select three sims to fight the Mother.
    wrenstales wrote: »
    My Sims cured the pilot of infection and asked him to join the fight mother plant. My three sims failed to the first attempt to fight the plant, I am hoping the pilot can help defeat the plant with my trio.

• JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Take off his hat and change his beard and voila, Gorge Cahill becomes George Carlin. Which instantly made him my second favorite remade ever. Sorry George but Vlad still wins.
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I had several sims agree to join the fight but I could only select three sims to fight the Mother.
    wrenstales wrote: »

I could only select three Sims, the others were left wandering around the labs.
    I'd like to see a ghost too. But I can't resolve to kill the sims myself. At least, in Sims 2 and Sims 1, there were accidents...

Last time I brought friends with my yeti, they refused to go down with him and just hanged up in the lab, near the computers... ;/ Is it because they don't have the special suit? Or they need vaccines?
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    you don't actually have to bring the friends to the lot with your sim. once your sim initiates the fight at the bottom, you'll get the option to select who (among those you vaccinated) to bring along and they'll walk out of the little doors surrounding the bit at the end, the same ones the infected come out of

if you do wind up bringing those friends that will join in on the fight to the lot, though, they'll hang up top (like you noticed) and take about a century to saunter down to the fight once it does start. so it's honestly best to not bring them along and just select once the fight starts
    edited April 2019
    I'm exited to announce that the game picked Cahill as one of the first infected in my second playthrough :)
    He is a favorited, but unplayed resident of Strangerville in that save and he lives in the other neighborhood, because I needed the plane lot for my botany gardens. His retconned backstory is him being the leader of Strangerville's small military garrison, Colonel Cahill. The only other infected I've seen so far is a newly created townie scientist.

Here he comes shambling down the street:
    01.04.19_21-09-2311jca.jpg

Marshal Anderson, one of my investigators, snaps him out of it:
    01.04.19_21-14-03rgkqt.jpg

His expression here is so fitting...
    01.04.19_21-14-57fujln.jpg
    ...but in truth it is from him being uncomfortable because my sims continously re-infect each other with the Fowl Flu (from a mod).
    The other two have it, too, as is evident in Hank's expression. Doc Phillips just stacked lots of positive moodlets, therefore he smiles for the moment.
    @EnkiSchmidt Love your old west's themed Strangerville town! Sounds so fun to play! :P I checked you blog. Awesome!
    Thank you! I saw some amazing old west pictures from History Challenge players and wanted one, too for some time now. Strangerville presented me with the perfect opportunity.

By now my sims have won, but it took some sacrifices. Cahill is one of the few survivors. Of course he would be! Poor Erwin Pries died, though.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top