Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does a Sims 3 Period Mod Exist?

Hiya,
one of my favorite sims 2 mods was the period hack by smonaff and I have continuously been on the lookout for a mod like that for sims 3. I stumbled upon the KW mod by Oniki Kay but that was waaaaaaaaay more than I want or need. I really just need like a rehash of the sims 2 smonaff one.

Does anyone know of one, or any ambitious modders want to make one for me? :)

Comments

• SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    There is one that has that as a feature, that I know of, but I don't think I'm supposed to mention it here. Certainly not anything rated T. Its mostly a very... adult mod. If you have a hard time finding what I'm talking about I think I'm allowed to message you the mod name.
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I think what you mean is the one i appreviated KW in my post. That one just scares me.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited March 2019
    I liked this so I tried to find one, searching with the words mens* menstru/ation, men/strual, men/ses, monthlies, period, aunt flo :smiley: on MTS, NRaas, Simlogical, MATY and google; and nothing. I am a little disappointed. There is a remake of the smonaff's one I think, for Sims Medieval; and others for Sims 4.
    If you know of any other commonly used words let me know, I am not that familiar with the american context.
    And I hope someone else knows something.
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    If I knew anything about modding I'd make one myself with all the features I want, but I know NOTHING. :'(
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    cleo00 wrote: »
    If I knew anything about modding I'd make one myself with all the features I want, but I know NOTHING. :'(

Knowing nothing seems to be the start of Everything. Take the first step and you might learn Everything.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2019
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Knowing nothing seems to be the start of Everything. Take the first step and you might learn Everything.
    That's an awesome philosophy to have, no argument there.

But let's also be realistic. TS3 script modding, and this kind of thing cannot be done any other way, requires C# and .NET programming skills. I am an IT professional (or at least I've fooled my employer and myself into thinking so) but do not work in these languages and I just don't have the time to devote to learning them, thus consider myself unable to be a mod developer. Many (not all) of my colleagues at NRaas over the years have been in a similar situation. We can alpha and beta test, understand script logs, that's program output, and be helpful in other ways but not in the actual creation processes.

If the OP can program in these environments, then there are resources we can direct them to for further guidance on script mod creation.

The only TS3 mod I know of that could even work on the current patch levels that allows for this is the one "we haven't been talking about" except by its initials from the beginning. It is so unrefined programmatically though that even with most of the unwanted features switched off it destroys users' games long before they would like that to happen and it is not compatible with many NRaas mods. That's a very heavy trade-off for one feature, I'm afraid, and we can't really recommend it.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    What does the period mod do? Do all the female sims get cranky for no reason at a certain time of the month, increased libido, have fainting, vomiting, headaches, lethargy, have a hunger for certain foods? Do the periods of the female sims in a household synchronize like it does in real life?

• lahtoledo_lahtoledo_ Posts: 4 New Member
    I want itttt <3 please someone do
    > @cleo00 said:
    > Hiya,
    > one of my favorite sims 2 mods was the period hack by smonaff and I have continuously been on the lookout for a mod like that for sims 3. I stumbled upon the KW mod by Oniki Kay but that was waaaaaaaaay more than I want or need. I really just need like a rehash of the sims 2 smonaff one.
    >
    > Does anyone know of one, or any ambitious modders want to make one for me? :)

It was my favorite tooooo! I can't find anywhere ): (only KW, but I just hate that)
    None of the script/core mod developers I have ever known, and there are far fewer of them still active on TS3 than there once were, have ever been positively motivated by players begging them to produce something that requires a brand new mod. They design mods because they are interested in the effects themselves first and they have both the skill set and lots of time devoted to the task -- this isn't an easy process even for those who know how.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • EmilieHakEmilieHak Posts: 3 New Member
    edited May 2019
    [Link removed ~Rtas] -- 10 realistic sims 3 mods?
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
    edited May 2019
    EmilieHak wrote: »
    ...-- 10 realistic sims 3 mods?
    That site lists mods that are not age appropriate, outdated and will harm players' games on current patch levels, and the site is riddled with ad/malware. I would strongly suggest not obtaining mods from sources that are not safe for our games/computers.

Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    It would take a collection of Mods like the ones I use including awesomemod with the automated school assignment override enabled in it's config file and tons of tuning in the NRaas version of story progression to get a period game like I've done in most of mine.I've got my apocalypse challenge taking place in the 16th century and it takes tons of tuning in story progression to make it more like how things were in a new world colony of that period.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    TadOlson wrote: »
    It would take a collection of Mods like the ones I use including awesomemod with the automated school assignment override enabled in it's config file and tons of tuning in the NRaas version of story progression to get a period game like I've done in most of mine.I've got my apocalypse challenge taking place in the 16th century and it takes tons of tuning in story progression to make it more like how things were in a new world colony of that period.

they don't mean time period.lol
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    The other kind can be simuilated by making a sim have a bladder fail and pretending it was that other thing using TCE to bring the bladder to red.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    There is also a lot of blood CC made, and maybe that is something more easily created compared to a script mod, for those that want to try. The earlier linked site did not list anything new that has not been mentioned in this thread before. I checked in Boolprop and simsasylum too, but could not find anything there either, not by that saying it does not exist.
    Its simple, (not to me lol), don't need blood at all!!! Just some cool moodlets! Or for example, send the sims (female lol) to the bathroom, and use the same animation to toilet, to change the pad. Don't need to show anything and no one new animation.
    Not toooo realistic guys, just some nice options. :smile: Like, if you become a teenager, you can easily download zits and use, ok, but, what else?
    Maybe a new positive mood "fist menstruation" , that lasts about 2 days idk. The option to change the pad. Eat sweets makes you happier, especially chocolate. Moodlets negative like "menstrual cramps", "too emotional" (pms), the solution is to nap, relax or sleep.
    I have many ideas, I just do not know how to do it ...

Could anyone do? we girls would be eternally grateful :blush:
    It's not TIME period lol thats funny!
  • ParshunaParshuna Posts: 1 New Member
    https://modthesims.info/d/177932/period-hack.html that is a period mod :)
    @Parshuna - That mod is for TS2, which is not the game being discussed here. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks considering this thread has been inactive for quite a long time I'm going to close it off.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top