Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(Sensitive Content) Help: How do you deal with bad situations?

KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
Sorry if i can't post that. Its kinda of a sensitive subject to talk about, but i really need to put that out of me. I don't know what to do..
I just got robbed, 3 teenagers with a huge knife, and I'm shaken. The only thing i could think was that i was going to die, but even now that i am safe i feel hurt. I don't now how to stop thinking about it... I just feel empty and sad, i don't want to eat, play, read... anything. What i should do to feel better? Please, i need to get that out of my mind....

Comments

• CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    -Online therapy sessions

-Talk to a friend

-Think rationally

-Meditate

-Tell yourself you’re safe

-Stay with someone else for the night

-Grab all of your favorite things and watch a movie in blankets with snacks
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    Talk to someone in real life about it. Time will heal it too. So don't worry.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @Charliecheesenurgers thank you! I'm going to try some of those... Its just so stressful...
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I hope you feel up to reporting it to the police. I know that can be stressful, but maybe they will be able to do something about it. Take good care of yourself, it is possible to develop PTSD from such an incident.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I've had a gun held on me during a bank robbery and it stays with you.. but it does get better. You've been through a traumatic event. Hopefully you are home where you feel safer now. I'd just suggest distraction for right now to calm down for awhile but that's my way of coping. That could be friends or watching something ect.. or doing what you are doing and posting somewhere to talk.

If you continue to feel bad and upset or can't sleep well or follow a normal schedule seek some sort of counseling or support, you'll be processing this for awhile.

egTcBMc.png
    @DeKay Ok. I will look for someone to talk to...

@mintycupcake I was going to report, but I am going to do that tomorrow... Today I just can't anymore, i just want to be in my home.

@Hermitgirl No one deserves that, right?! I am trying to distract right now, i am drawing some stuff for my instagram, its kinda helping, but my mom and my sister were involved in that too, and they are not even trying to distract to the point that its affecting me. A moment ago they were fighting eachother for crazy stuff that doesn't even have to do with the event.
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    Sorry this happened to you. :( In addition to what others have said, practice putting yourself in a grateful state of mind, even if you have to fake it at first; as horrifying and humiliating as an event like this can be, your life is still your own, and exercising that ownership by pushing yourself to move onward can feel very empowering.

I wasn't in the same situation, but I remember being in a pretty dark place in college where I didn't want to speak or leave my room or do anything except think about what happened to me. What helped me get out of that funk was focusing on other people in my life -- being around them, talking to them and listening to them, and helping them with their problems to get my mind off of my own. The specific thing that helped me was that my brother had to move out of his apartment, so I volunteered to help him move his stuff, and spending time working on that together helped me feel semi-normal again. I know that's a pretty specific scenario, but pretty much anything where you can volunteer to help another person may help you feel in control, valued, connected, and like your life and your mind are your own again.
    9d9hOnJ.png
    edited March 2019
    @Archivist Thanks, this was really insightful. I am feeling a little better now, yesterday i was still a little bit shocked, i woke up at some point just to throw up. My mom has panic syndrome, and this is one of the signals, but i hope it was just an isolated incident. But, yes, after reading what you said i decided to do osmething in this house to get the thought aways, i took care of my plants, washed some dirty dishes, etc... It helped a lot. Thank you... If any of you guys need help/advices, you can always come to me, here or on mye instagram: @karon.art
    Thanks for the support, @Charliecheesenurgers @DeKay @mintycupcake @Hermitgirl @Archivist
  • CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    No problem! I hope it gets better.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    I'm happy it was helpful! <3
    9d9hOnJ.png