Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I Mute Someone?

Is it possible to mute someone? I don't necessarily want to block people, but there are some that I don't want to see their posts. Is blocking even an option?! I haven't seen either option anywhere. Thanks.

Comments

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member

You can put someone on ignore and not see their comment in threads but it won't work for the Activity page or your wall. Of course the person on ignore can't send you a PM if they wanted to.

To put someone on ignore, you need to go to their page and click on the little box next to the "Message" button as that will bring up a drop down box with the word "Ignore" in it. The "Ignore" list can hold 5000 names to it.

This is what it looks like when we place someone on ignore. The picture will still show their name which would be Cinebar but not their comment unless you click on the date that's sort of grayed out. Of course this is only an example picture as I didn't keep Cinebar on ignore. You can change your mind on people that you have on ignore anytime as you can do that through your preference settings at the top of your page that's next to star... :)
    Be1v8XZ.png

Hope this helps... :)
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    It does help, @lisasc360, so thanks! Nothing against anyone, but some people are just so negative, no matter what they post that I can't stand it lol.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    edited February 2019
    You're welcome... :) I know what you mean as I have seen some members who make negative comments as well.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    The ignore feature needs work/improvement. As it stands, even if you put someone on ignore, you will still see threads they make and the OP if it is them is still visible.

Now within a thread, you can still see when they comment but their comment is “hidden” by the fact that you have to click on it to open it and read it. It’s in the thread but like a pale gray color. So it’s very obvious.

Personally I’d like it if we didn’t even get to see them in threads period. Isn’t that the whole point?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    What needs to be improved is a flaw in the system, if someone puts someone on ignore they should not be able to then reply to the person they have put on ignore. Or to mention the person they have put on ignore nor PM the person they put on ignore. I always found it quite ironic if someone had put me on ignore why they had continued to be able to reply to me or mention me. Just sayin'.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Bahaha, I ignored a user who had their account deleted a few days later and now I cannot unignore the [deleted user]

EMDLW1G.png

welp :joy:
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Another thing that needs improved. If someone PMs a person then they delete the conversation before the other person has a chance to even respond to that PM. Well, that is very rude indeed. They should get a popup that says, No, you engaged with this person by PM give them a chance to respond this can not be closed until the person you contacted has had a chance to read and respond.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • UncleDuckjobUncleDuckjob Posts: 5 New Member
    Aww, ChocoCub! What did [Deleted User] ever do to you?!?
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    The ignore feature needs work/improvement. As it stands, even if you put someone on ignore, you will still see threads they make and the OP if it is them is still visible.

Now within a thread, you can still see when they comment but their comment is “hidden” by the fact that you have to click on it to open it and read it. It’s in the thread but like a pale gray color. So it’s very obvious.

Personally I’d like it if we didn’t even get to see them in threads period. Isn’t that the whole point?

I agree with this. I have a few people on ignore and it's annoying when they've all posted in the same thread several times and it's just a stack of the hidden gray boxes back to back. I wish the comments just would not show up at all if they're on ignore. :/