Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Supernatural University

What do you guys think about a future EP that will allow Sims to attend a magical school?

The Sims 4: Supernatural University 83 votes

Yes
43%
JaseAyradysslisamwittmayrayBagoas77BluelleFroilstarberrykissxfloridameerkatDawnyBear0Zcd05Lemon405EnkiSchmidtRedShoe7EricasFreePlayAHolyToiletJediMuppetRexZhengStrappyslazyjuniper 36 votes
No
56%
Kita5399Kamb64LaBlue0314PlayerSinger2010Isb917Simburianhappysimmer2007AnmirlaMagdaleenafriendlysimmersloubyloulouCheezirationpuddleduck1CaityTrinamannannaCheekybitsSelinaKylesannaliese39mariajane216HCSau 47 votes

Comments

• Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited March 2019
    No
    Like Hogwarts? Eh. Nah.

First we'd need a normal university, and I'm saying this as a supernatural player who doesn't particularly care for university in the first place.

I can also see people getting mad if they introduced magical university first, for two reasons:
    1. Most of the people begging for university are probably realism players. If we get an entire pack dedicated to magical universities before we get a pack for regular ones, they're gonna be like "BUT WE WANTED A NORMAL UNIVERSITY"
    2. JK Rowling has a really bad reputation right now. And let's be real, I guess Harry Potter is where most of us are getting the magical school idea from anyway. Comparisons will inevitably be drawn.

Also, who'd be able to attend the magical schools? Would the "muggles" get in? Would it be a way to learn magic in the first place? Should it be a part of the Witch gamepack? Does it need to be?

Now, having the option to play as supernaturals/non-humans in a regular university, I'd be all for that.
    I've definitely done that in TS3; I had an alien attend there once. He never even needed to sleep; it was extremely helpful to his studies. I'd imagine vampires would have the same advantage in TS4 university... besides the whole sun avoidance thing. That would be a major disadvantage. Still, it was pretty amusing to play university and see all these supernatural creatures attending like it's perfectly normal. I'd like to live in that world.

Okay, actually, one compromise I can think of is, for a normal university expansion, giving us the ability to customize the classes we pick. Maybe some of the classes could be magical ones, while there are also plenty of normal classes as options. I had a friend in college who got to choose which classes he had; I could absolutely see TS4 doing this.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    No
    a plain simple no universaty is not number one on my list at least for the moment what i went to see is tru vacations in the sims4 and cars
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No
    I love JKR and her world, but I don't think it would be feasible without a normal university EP and, of course, occults (which they seem to be very reluctant to do). Just make witches and University (separate), and let imaginations go wild.
  • Options
    BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    No
    No way. Especially when the whole community is asking for a regular University Life expansion. I'm 50/50 on realism and fantasy, but I know for sure that I would rather have a normal university than a Hogwarts.
    Proud simmer
  • Options
    FinnadoraFinnadora Posts: 87 Member
    Yes
    I honestly think that sounds super cool, though I'd rather have a normal university. Maybe it could be like a choice, you could put a normal university or a magical university on a lot or something. You know, so people who would prefer a normal one would just have a normal one but a supernatural university would be a possibility. I don't know. Just spitballing.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Yes
    I was exited about the idea of a university when it was announced for Sims 2 and it was fun while it was new. But nowadays I do not think I need a dedicated EP for the college experience. I can make my YA sims study and party on my own, set my own skill goals for them and create my own clubs. To make me spend money an unversity pack needs a new spin, any spin, be that magic, supers, mutants or whatever. In fact, even more than a Hogwarts I'd love to get a Xavier's Institute for gifted youths.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    No
    There needs to be a normal University that all Sims can attend and all players would want to buy as a higher education.

Realism players would be absolutely livid.They are certainly not going to risk losing the realism players that are screaming for Uni.
    I'm an Occult player, but I still want my Sims to play with some realism.

Occult players seem to be getting the shaft anyway. It's been over two years since we got our only real Occult Sim - Vampires. I would rather they actually gave us Occults such as Witches and Werewolves (at this point we can't be positive that it will even happen).
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    No
    No way. I would love university life, like I can’t wait for that, but don’t want supernatural things tied into that.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    No
    I personally want these done separately, but I've never been into Harry Potter. I'm personally hoping for a Supernatural EP or GPs with witches, werewolves and fairies. I love all things supernatural, but for the players who prefer 'realistic' gamplay, university would probably work better without magic. Of course then you could still create your own magic school sort of with a club for witches to meet up and learn from each other?
  • Options
    brittany_jeanbrittany_jean Posts: 25 Member
    What about a "realism" university, with a magic major?
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No
    What about a "realism" university, with a magic major?

That still wouldn't work. They'd skimp on the actual magic and occult players would be livid.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    No
    I really want more supernaturals and I wouldn't mind a university but not a university especially for supernaturals. This Idea would only work as an extra university if we already have a regular university.

• Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    No
    I would rather have a fully fleshed university pack with
    - university where you can go with them but honestly don't mind rabbit hole classes and just living college life in campus
    - private school (similar ts2)
    - boarding school (similar to ts3)
    - online college degrees

With that i think they could expand the boarding school options to include a magical school/school for all occults with a magic pack. I don't need to travel with them to their class cause imo that's what university should be.
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    No
    I want both separate and not combining them. There's too much they could do with both.

I suppose, stretching things to the limit, there could be separate Agricultural, Supernatural and Normal Universities to choose from in one EP if they are winding up Sims 4. Farming, Witches, Education in one Expansion pack. >:)
  • Options
    NyxMagiNyxMagi Posts: 6 New Member
    Yes
    I think that this would definitely be interesting and a new take on things previously done in the Sims.
  • Options
    starberrykissxstarberrykissx Posts: 748 Member
    Yes
    Yes because that is something “NEW” and I want more lifestate sims
  • Options
    starberrykissxstarberrykissx Posts: 748 Member
    Yes
    No 61%!? Shame on you people

I think this would be a amazing EP pack
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    Yes
    I voted yes because I think it would be cool. BUT. Only after the "normal" univeristy comes out because then they'd have some sort of system to build up on. Or, when we get witches (praying every night for that), they get some other sort of schooling system like maybe particular quests and/or tasks they need to do in order to prove themselves to become part of a coven or something.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Yes
    I think it would be cool if we had the option available to choose which type of university our Sims went to. A regular uni or a witch-based uni. Therefore I would like to see both in one single pack. Not separated into an EP and then a later SP/GP.
  • Options
    LibertyTheFreeLibertyTheFree Posts: 234 Member
    No
    I'll go with a university more like in TS3. It was outrageous enough for some laughs so I guess there's no need for supernaturals wandering around the entire campus.
    AxxYIX4.png
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    No
    I just want my Sim to get a Business degree. I don't need anything fancy!
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    No
    Combining both separate themes will only result to being half balked. A good example is TS4 GTW. They combined tried to combined to themes, careers and business. The result? The Retail part, while allowing more options to sell, didn't feel like fully thought to its potential. Sims only can buy 1 item per visit(if theu buy those $5 cupcake then the hour you spend them talking isn't worth it), cash registers aren't functional, customers always go into groups instead of browsing, lack of items that can be used in a retail(Yes there are mannequins for a Botique store, but where is the clothing line, changing room, and actual clothes that we can show off?), and so on. They disn't have the ability to flesh out retail because half of the budget was spent on the careers. Even Bakeries in GTW feels the same as retail. They don't eat at them, they buy the same way as selling a painting(takes them ages) in which unrealistic because sims should enter the lot when they are hungry but again it feels half baked. I do remember seeing a bakery lot type in the game files, but I guess it was cut.

How about careers?Yea they are repetetive but they are not fleshed out. NPC Sims in the Doctor Career never do their job by design, unless the orderly is a Neat Sim. You can't command the Doctors or Nurses at higher ranks, patients don't sit on the waiting area(remember the trailer?) and there are only 3 NPC co workers at that Career, unlike in the trailer. The only way you can go to that hospital is by having a baby, other than that you can't have cure sickness at the hospital, because the time that can be used on that part was spent to another area if the pack(retail). Same with detective.

The scientist career is probably the most fleshed out becuae of its connection with another them, discovering aliens. However remove aliens then the Scientist career feels, empty. But still since there are aliens its good, however the aliens themselves are halfbalked. It feels that they are the thirs theme of the pack, supernatural.

I don't want that to happen again. GT was good because they focused one them, hanging out with friends. CL focuses on Living in the City and I actually feel that when playing in San Myshuno, because of how vibrant and liveley it is(and yes you don't feel living in the city when traveling because there is no traffic, but that is I think the fault of the base game,not thos pack) C&D focuses on the bond between Sims and C&D themselves, in which we even get another major feature connected to that theme(Vet Clinics), Seasons focuses only on, well, Seasons, and Get Famous focuses only on becoming a Celebrity, which makes it better since celebrity is a lot more flesh out this time around with majority of B/B focuses on becoming a celebrity.
    And I want that in University. A fully fledged out pack that focuses on one theme and expand them to be greater, rarher than adding another feature for another theme.

If they had 100% budget for packs, I would rather have that spent 100% on university, rather than have that pack budget in which 50% is spent on supernatural and 50% spent on Uni.