Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I get rid of "trend" clothing?

You know, there's this Style Influencer career. I put one of my sims in that job, played with that for a while and created an outfit as "trend", so it worked how it should people started to wear that but now it became kind of annoying as I am playing with other sims, other families. I went back to my trend setter sim and tried to delete the outfit but it didn't work that way. I ended up with a new female sims trend of walking around in generic pink underwear. How do I un-set/delete/get rid of any clothing trend that a trend setter sim has made? Any ideas?

Comments

• BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,322 Member
    This! My stylist has long been dead but her trends are still showing up, sure it’s neat, but I got tired of seeing them after a while
  • LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    Sounds like real life
  • veronica55veronica55 Posts: 106 Member
    Sounds like real life

LOL true!
    There must be a cheat, some kind of a command to tell the game to forget the stupid trend. How about MCCC? May be t should have a feature to clear trend clothing...
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    I haven't played with the stylist career much but I was wondering if you have multiple sims in the career creating trends how that would affect things. I did discover that your sim can create multiple trends so at least you get more of a variety. I made basic outfits of neutral colors that would look ok on most sims. You still see a lot of the same thing but at least it's not as bad.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
    edited March 2019
    treece01 wrote: »
    I haven't played with the stylist career much but I was wondering if you have multiple sims in the career creating trends how that would affect things. I did discover that your sim can create multiple trends so at least you get more of a variety. I made basic outfits of neutral colors that would look ok on most sims. You still see a lot of the same thing but at least it's not as bad.

Yes that's kind of a solution but then I see my vampires in those normal sim clothes lol (vampires should only wear vampire clothes and look like vampires at all times bec. of my ocd) It's weird that we can't delete a trend completely. For now, I blacklisted the trend pink underwear in MCCC as a temporary solution don't know if it will work though.

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Well it’s good to know that you apparently can’t easily delete these. I guess I’ll have to reconsider all the stupid casual cosplay outfits I was going to make.
    edited March 2019
    I think they forgot to add a time limit to trend outfits. They should have set a time limit for those like i.e. each created trend outfit stays hot for only 1 week or 1 season for those who have seasons ep. It would be more fun that way like creating winter trend, spring trend etc. and for only that spring or winter or whatever season. It's weird to have trends forever after all.

• N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    veronica55 wrote: »
    I think they forgot to add a time limit to trend outfits. They should have set a time limit for those like i.e. each created trend outfit stays hot for only 1 week or 1 season for those who have seasons ep. It would be more fun that way like creating winter trend, spring trend etc. and for only that spring or winter or whatever season. It's weird to have trends forever after all.

That would be cool.

Yes that's kind of a solution but then I see my vampires in those normal sim clothes lol (vampires should only wear vampire clothes and look like vampires at all times bec. of my ocd) It's weird that we can't delete a trend completely. For now, I blacklisted the trend pink underwear in MCCC as a temporary solution don't know if it will work though.
    Too bad you can't do vampire trends.

I wish trends only effected townies...I actually like it to control the god awful game generated outfits. Or, if your played sims could choose to not follow trends.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
    treece01 wrote: »

I wish trends only effected townies...I actually like it to control the god awful game generated outfits. Or, if your played sims could choose to not follow trends.

I wish there was at least a mod or a MCCC command to delete those. I regret ever creating a trend outfit. I was just curious how that worked then I realized it's very annoying and you can't un-create them.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    On the bright side, this will help you create a styled theme for a world like Western or Turn Of The Century.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2019

Wish someone would tell that to Elvis Impersonators then - Talk about trends that never dies.... even well before the internet existed. Marilyn Monroe over air ducts... 1950's Leather jackets with motorcycle boots, and... 60's Hippies and Flower Children Boho.... Proof some trends never stop.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Oh wow, I had no idea that career could create its own outfits! I like weird outfits, so I'm really looking forward to this!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    I just change the trends each season with one of my influencers.
  • Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member
    I started a whole new save where the original stylist isn't even in and the people in my new save a wearing her "trends". I wish I would have never played with that option.
  • KeffersKeffers Posts: 984 Member
    Could this explain why so many female sims in my game are walking around in grey underwear? I had a character in the career who died and i'm trying to remember if they had grey underwear, since the default for bugged clothing is corel.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    You know, there's this Style Influencer career. I put one of my sims in that job, played with that for a while and created an outfit as "trend", so it worked how it should people started to wear that but now it became kind of annoying as I am playing with other sims, other families. I went back to my trend setter sim and tried to delete the outfit but it didn't work that way. I ended up with a new female sims trend of walking around in generic pink underwear. How do I un-set/delete/get rid of any clothing trend that a trend setter sim has made? Any ideas?

Thank you!!

I had no idea that they could linger for so long, will keep clear of that job then.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    Has someone found a solution for this yet? Even my grim reaper is wearing the style I set, so do the people in Selvadorada. This is absolutely inappropriate.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Cassandra52182Cassandra52182 Posts: 525 Member
    So there's still no solution to turn this off yet, I really regret ever having a stylist and setting a trend. There needs to be a way to turn this off for people that don't want to deal with trends forever, and changing the trend doesn't fix the underlying problem if you're someone like me that doesn't want to see any trend anymore. If I had known that this was what was going to happen with that career I never would have done it.
    yqCsdo8.gif
  • SilvyrRainSilvyrRain Posts: 20 Member
    Oh, gosh, I'm glad I saw this. I just put a sim in the style influencer career. I will avoid setting any trends.

That's a poor design decision. At the very least, there should be a way to turn off a trend that is set.
  • JuliB988JuliB988 Posts: 11 New Member
    Ugh, this type of thing is really annoying me right now! I have a celebrity with the Trailblazer perk and it has gotten really old. Sometimes I see mermaids wearing a trendy top with their tails, which needless to say is not exactly fashionable. It’s especially annoying with played sims with which I carefully selected their outfits only for them to wear something else. I found out that there’s a cheat to delete perks, but if I delete the Trailblazer perk the videos I upload won’t always be trendy, and I also won’t be able to have a lifestyle brand anymore (since I need the Trailblazer perk to have the Lifestyle Brand quirk). Again, REALLY annoying...
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Has this been reported as a bug on the EA-site by someone who has this problem in their game?
  • PlumbobPixiePlumbobPixie Posts: 1 New Member
    How do you report this?
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm glad I read this because I will not touch that option with my Stylist... these types of little "bugs" are the worst in my opinion because they are super annoying yet you know they will be on the bottom of the priority list, so it's very realistic that it'll never get looked at or fixed.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    They are looking for input on the issue here. The more people who report the better. I haven't played with trends, in fear of this exact thing happening. Would be nice to have them check it out.