Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Newest Exchange Uploads - Share your Links here! PT2

Comments

• Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    @goodFeel93 Another great build that suits my style perfectly. I love your use of the circular windows in the carport. Something I wouldn't have thought of but totally love.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • goodFeel93goodFeel93 Posts: 596 Member
    edited January 2019
    Newest Upload: Modern City Apartment "LuckyLlama". Perfect for singles or couples :smiley:

Lot Size: 10x15 NO CC

Happy new year folk! :blush:

HUlOA7j.jpg
    HUlPxHG.jpg
    HUlPJ0S.jpg
    HUlPVag.jpg
    HUlQ4Fy.jpg
    HUlQqox.jpg
    HUlQC5u.jpg
    HUlQLeO.jpg
    HUlQWC5.jpg
    HUlQfb4.jpg
    HUsYtMB.jpg
    HUsYGSp.jpg
    HUsYS81.jpg

DOWNLOAD HERE: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9277053
    Post edited by goodFeel93 on
  • RosemaryStarRosemaryStar Posts: 43 Member
    Hello, This is my first post on the sims forum. I've uploaded my interpretation of the Old Mill Brunch with a greenhouse rooftop to the exchange. The second uploading I did was of the old mill with just base game, using the old mill brunch and stone set and throw greenhouse venue. I had to remove some lights and furnished kitchen for the second upload. Wallpapers and everything else stayed same.

They are purposefully unfinished due to the story for the lot. It's a residential lot which you can make into community lot. I wrote blog posts about it. The lot 40x40 and placed partway on the waterway. You may need to use the soften terrain tool. Unfortunately, I have not been on the forums long enough to post links to them.
    @goodFeel93 Another build that I love. And, again, you use something that I've never used. Those multi-story, angled columns. And you used them beautifully.

@RosemaryStar Welcome!!! I love the story behind your build. I always love when a build suggests a story to play, and when the builder intentionally presents one. I have my next few games already planned, but this may come up on my list at some point after. (I am playing out a legacy family that I started a couple years ago.)

Please, keep letting us know when you have new builds. I know I will go check them out. Again, welcome.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• ReeceBrownstoneReeceBrownstone Posts: 3 New Member
    Wow, some really great builds on here. Glad to see the Sims 3 community is still active with projects like these! I was a member a while ago and posted some of my builds to some much older threads but would love to get back to sharing work. Was curious how I go about doing that?
    @ReeceBrownstone Hi and Welcome! Welcome back, I guess.

Not sure exactly what part of sharing you are asking about, so I will approach this as if you mean everything. Sorry if it is presenting some of the obvious.

The builds themselves can still be posted to the Sims 3 site on your Studio page. Or, some of us use alternative sites. Some that showcase the work, others just for hosting the files. Mod The Sims is popular for showcasing, while I use SimShare to simply host the files when I have difficulty getting a lot/Sim to upload onto the official site. (I have problems signing in from time to time and don't always have the patience to wait until I can get on to actually share what I've created.)

Then there is the act of getting what you've created out to the masses. Sites like Mod The Sims is great for that. There is a built in audience if you get approved to have your work showcased. From what I understand, the process is simple enough. Yet, for some reason, I've yet to do it. Or, your can use threads like this one. And, of course, there are others also under the Creative Corner/Builders section of this forum.

Finally, a shameless plug: I am trying to revive a community group/competition called the GIFT OF CREATION GAME where different Simmers either present requests for others to create for them, or the creative types make what was requested and post their creations. There are Simpoint prizes awarded randomly to all the creators who participate.

I think I've covered the bases. I look forward to seeing your creations.

Oh, if you already have stuff posted on the Sims site, please let me know your username so that I can take a look.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    edited January 2019
    Alice in Wonderland Playpark 2
    I uploaded a small playpark called Alice in Wonderland about a month ago and didn't realize I had laid the Topsy Turvy coaster the wrong way! It was going both ways at once. So sorry. So...I went in and fixed it:
    Screenshot-54.jpg
    Screenshot-57.jpg
    Screenshot-55.jpg
    Screenshot-58.jpg
    Also, I added a few extra things to do like a claw machine and whack a chicken. Again, sorry for the other venue mess. Hope you like and enjoy!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
    @jaletu2005 That looks amazing! Building a coaster is something I've yet to even play around with, so I'm impressed.

Actually, isn't it totally appropriate for an Alice in Wonderland Topsy Turvy coaster to go in both directions? *Cheshire cat grin*

And, is that a Tragic Clown sitting with Alice??
    aka Jude

My Studio

• jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    Thanks so much for the kind words, @Jude525! That supposed to be the Mad Hatter. But tragic clown works too! :D
    Screenshot-5.jpg
    edited January 2019
    Alright, here comes "VIctorian Secret Part V|" :)
    Total: 3 Apartments (one abandoned apartment)

I built this with my own floor plans but took some inspiration from a video game.

screenshot-4.jpg
    screenshot-6.jpg
    screenshot-13.jpg
    screenshot-8.jpg
    screenshot-7.jpg

screenshot-9.jpg
    screenshot-11.jpg

DOWNLOAD HERE:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9283821
    @goodFeel93 I really love the exterior and the interior of the non-abandoned parts. I also had a thought... it might be cool to put a gravestone/urn of a child ghost in the abandoned part to haunt it. Hmmm, I've said I don't play creepy, but from time to time I do come up with some creepy ideas when I see other peoples' builds. LOL
    aka Jude

My Studio

That was one of my ideas... but don't know how to do this :neutral: Maybe next time i will try it :smiley:
    Hmmm, normally you can get an adult ghost using buydebug for the headstone. I've never seen them for kids though. And I have a ghost child in one of my families, but he is a "living" ghost, not a "dead" ghost. So he wouldn't just randomly haunt the place.

I suppose someone could cause a child to die in game and hope that they became a haunting ghost? Or watch for one in a cemetery and locate the headstone. Then use cheats to obtain the headstone and move it. This is getting rather complex. Oh well, it's a thought.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• RosemaryStarRosemaryStar Posts: 43 Member
    Hi Jude525, I like making stories up either while I'm building or after I've finished.
    @RosemaryStar Hi. I used to just play the game as it unfolded, but in the past couple years I've found myself creating back stories for my Sims more often than not. And the same as I'm building lots. I find it gives me a better sense of direction with the design.

And, yes, "the past couple years" is recent for me. I've been playing since the original game was released.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Okay, don't know if I've made this plug here, but I am running the GIFT OF CREATION GAME, which is a "competition" of sorts. If you are a creator (Sims/stories/lots) then you come and draw inspiration from a group of Wish Lists to make submissions to win SimPoints.

If you are not some one who creates, but have something you would like created for you, then please come by and submit a Wish List of your own. Whether it be a specific house, park, commercial lot, CelbriSim from TV or anything else that you've dreamt of having but can't/haven't created for yourself. Wish Listers don't win SimPoints. Your prize is the creation being made for you.

Or, just come hang out and watch the fun. Creations are posted for anyone to download and enjoy. So, even if you didn't ask for it, you can certainly enjoy it. Thanks.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• lindarachellelindarachelle Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi. I'm new to uploading to the exchange. I'm going to overhaul my computer and wanted to save a few things I made, so I uploaded them. All the better that others get to enjoy them.
    edited March 2019
    @lindarachelle - Oh... my.... goat!!!! I love your work! I'm a big fan of retro. Especially mid-century. Your Retrotel and Nostagiaville are wonderful! Perfect for Desert Palms. Or they would work in a "suburb" area of any town as pieces from it's former life that have lingered. Or part of a complete downtown rebuild that I've imagined doing. They are just wonderful.

Pads for People is a great approach to apartment living (using the options from Late Night) on a low budget. Place it next to a park with a few free skill activities and a poor Sim would be ready to start from the bottom and begin their climb upward.

Just great work.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    tumblr_ppammw2rjQ1wlut4lo6_r1_540.jpg
    tumblr_ppammw2rjQ1wlut4lo3_540.jpgtumblr_ppammw2rjQ1wlut4lo4_540.jpg
    tumblr_ppammw2rjQ1wlut4lo1_540.jpg

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9299063

20x20 1 Bedroom, 1 Bath Cambodian inspired beach house No 3rd Party CC or CaP

Thank you @BreeMiles
    Oh, @Jessabeans, that's beautiful! I can't wait to see it in game!
    aka Jude

My Studio

Thank you @Jude525
    edited April 2019

Waffle House
    (University Hangout) 20x30 No 3rd party CC or CaP.
    Setup with Coffeebar and menus for Business Time Industrial Oven and Jukebox.
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9299285

tumblr_ppcqu16RZZ1wlut4lo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_ppcqu16RZZ1wlut4lo3_500.jpg
    tumblr_ppcqu16RZZ1wlut4lo7_r1_500.jpg

Back area includes bathrooms, walk-in cooler and storage area and dumpster.

There are a few more pictures on tumblr.
    Sunflower Montessori

20x30 3 Bedroom, 3 Bath Daycare Home
    includes small kitchen, cafeteria, homework area, indoor and outdoor play areas. Sleeps 7 (1 Full, 2 Singles, 3 Cribs )
    Built at 9 Sun Song Ave in Sunset Valley
    No 3rd Party CC or CaP.

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9300585

tumblr_pply0n23NE1wlut4lo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_pply0n23NE1wlut4lo2_500.jpg
    tumblr_inline_pplxwtKw7f1vun1yy_500.jpg
    tumblr_pply0n23NE1wlut4lo4_500.jpg

More pictures here.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights