Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5... For or against and reason

Comments

• SmoochsSmoochs Posts: 168 Member
    edited August 2018
    I'm kind of not looking forward to a Sims 5, just because I'm only NOW really getting into Sims 4 and posting to the forums and gallery.

I don't wanna give up on my current Sims 4 family. I mean, when Sims 5 does come out, it doesn't mean that I gotta play it or get it, but I worry that modders, content creators, and fans themselves will all move to Sims 5 and the forums, gallery, and mods will become dead for Sims 4, which will force me to start doing Sims 5.

I don't know what to say on EA. I don't play a lot of their games, so I don't know if they stop working/updating their older games. I'd imagine they do.

If anything, I hope that EA adds a way to transfer your Sims 4 families to Sims 5 or something similar and that there are modders who continue to make content for Sims 4. I don't want to HAVE to play Sims 5 just because Sims 4 becomes obsolete, and I fear that that's what it'll come to. :cry:
    Post edited by Smoochs on

You are loved!
    To add to my previous comment, I agree highly agelessangel76. I'd much rather have EA just keep updating Sims 4. I know they can't do it forever, but I'd much rather have that and I see it as much more of a better thing.

Why make a completely new Sims game when you can continue updating the best one yet? With how far EA's come with TS4, I'm sure they could. That is unless TS5 is far more updated then what they have for TS4 and they can't just suddenly add it in...

I agree with Chesney too. I am NOT going to save up and buy all these packs for TS4 just for them to come out with a whole new one.

For me, I think the best thing would be to either just keep updating TS4 or if they do make TS5, to make it to where you can transfer all of your stuff (packs, families, Sims, houses, etc.) to TS5 or make the packs for TS4 cheap as heck if they TS5.

I just don't get why they'd bother to even announce and let out Seasons if they have TS5 planned for in a few years, as I've heard.

All in all, whether you get TS5 or stick with TS4, I hope you continue to enjoy The Sims and keep playing. <3

You are loved!
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Smoochs wrote: »
    I'm kind of not looking forward to a Sims 5, just because I'm only NOW really getting into Sims 4 and posting to the forums and gallery.

I don't wanna give up on my current Sims 4 family. I mean, when Sims 5 does come out, it doesn't mean that I gotta play it or get it, but I worry that modders, content creators, and fans themselves will all move to Sims 5 and the forums, gallery, and mods will become dead for Sims 4, which will force me to start doing Sims 5.

Many people went through this going from TS to TS2, then on to TS3, then on to TS4.
    It took me ages to let go of TS3, and start playing TS4.

Just because there's a new version, doesn't mean you have to let go of the old ones. I have TS2 installed, right along with TS4.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    > @Movotti said:
    > Smoochs wrote: »
    >
    > I'm kind of not looking forward to a Sims 5, just because I'm only NOW really getting into Sims 4 and posting to the forums and gallery.
    >
    > I don't wanna give up on my current Sims 4 family. I mean, when Sims 5 does come out, it doesn't mean that I gotta play it or get it, but I worry that modders, content creators, and fans themselves will all move to Sims 5 and the forums, gallery, and mods will become dead for Sims 4, which will force me to start doing Sims 5.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Many people went through this going from TS to TS2, then on to TS3, then on to TS4.
    > It took me ages to let go of TS3, and start playing TS4.
    >
    > Just because there's a new version, doesn't mean you have to let go of the old ones. I have TS2 installed, right along with TS4.

Hmmm, true. I didn't know this though, seeing as I've only played TS4 and didn't like TS3 much (I've played it for a day). Eh, as I've said, I just hope everyone enjoys themselves with whichever Sims game they have.

You are loved!
  • agelessangel76agelessangel76 Posts: 63 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

Many people went through this going from TS to TS2, then on to TS3, then on to TS4.
    It took me ages to let go of TS3, and start playing TS4.

Just because there's a new version, doesn't mean you have to let go of the old ones. I have TS2 installed, right along with TS4.

Agreed. But even though I have all but my original Sims game installed they have just left TS2 and TS3 and no other updates or patches for things that needed badly fixed have been released since TS4 took off. There may have been one or two but some of those did more damage than they fixed and we were left holding the bag. That's what I fear with TS5 when it is released that TS4 will just fall by the wayside like an unwanted child just as the earlier generations. And as @Smoochs and several other simmers have mentioned I'm tired of leaving my Sims families behind to go to the next generation just so I have a game that is kept up to date. I'm hoping that bridging saves is one thing that the EA community listens to from us the fans.
    My husband thinks I'm crazy.....But I'm not the one that married me
  • clare74clare74 Posts: 107 Member
    i'd like it eventually. i didn't get sims 4 until a year after it was released, and i'm still working on slowly getting all the packs since i'm a broke college student. so i'm fine with ts4 right now. i still feel like ts4 is so new even though it's been almost 4 years. also i don't have room on my computer for another sims game lmao
    family tree (legacy family)
    origin id: clareo74
  • SerpentSerpent Posts: 6 New Member
    It could be really great, but only if they changed a lot of things. Like, I want to be able to travel without waiting 5-10 minutes for loading each time (like the Sims 3, which was more "open-world") and have more trait options. I personally don't have a problem with the Sims 4 graphics, but I know that a lot of people would disagree. I think overall, the Sims 5 could be really cool if they did it right, but they probably won't :/ (also, I can't imagine buying more expansion packs, they're too expensive!).
    Serpent wrote: »
    It could be really great, but only if they changed a lot of things. Like, I want to be able to travel without waiting 5-10 minutes for loading each time (like the Sims 3, which was more "open-world") and have more trait options. I personally don't have a problem with the Sims 4 graphics, but I know that a lot of people would disagree. I think overall, the Sims 5 could be really cool if they did it right, but they probably won't :/ (also, I can't imagine buying more expansion packs, they're too expensive!).

YASSSS! I seriously hate the take forever loading screen to go visit your friends! ESPECIALLY when your in the apartments and they are LITERALLY in the room next door! LOL! I"m like seriously?! I"m fine with the graphics for Sims 4 I mean its a game its not supposed to look like walking real life people that would be kind of creepy for me lol. But I think my whole thing with this is the expansion packs. I mean if I were to add up EVERYTHING that I have spent on Sims over the years I'd probably get a few more grey hairs! Between the base games the expansion packs then the Sims points to buy things in Sims 3 heck I'd be able to buy a pretty decent car lol.

and BTW if anyone would like to add me to your friends list my name is the key!
  • GunngirlGunngirl Posts: 32 Member

I don't know what to say on EA. I don't play a lot of their games, so I don't know if they stop working/updating their older games. I'd imagine they do.

If anything, I hope that EA adds a way to transfer your Sims 4 families to Sims 5 or something similar and that there are modders who continue to make content for Sims 4. I don't want to HAVE to play Sims 5 just because Sims 4 becomes obsolete, and I fear that that's what it'll come to. :cry:

I also just got into the Sims 4 because I was still playing The Sims 2 and instead of buying TS2 Ultimate Collection for my new computer, I ended up trying out TS4 (wish I had stuck with the sims 2, lol) but I digress. Anyway, I haven't been with TS4 since it came out and going to TS5 now would really throw me for a loop as I have put a few buck into this game now. I bought about 3 packs at full price so I don't know if I want to turn around and do that just yet for another game. The only way would be if we got everything we wanted right away and it was more like TS2 (I know I"m dreaming)

I know there are some simmers that still create for TS2 because they love it so much, and a lot of them still have their sites and CC up so I don't think going just one installation up would make creators completely abandon TS4. Another reason I don't think they would do TS5 is because it's taking so long for us to get some of the basic things that would have already had in other games. Like toddlers, different staircases, University, Pets. These are things that have been pretty recent and this game is pretty old already. We are just getting Seasons and we still don't have University or cars. They changed so much that they didn't need to change.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited August 2018
    In my honest opinion I think it should stop with TS4. Think of all the money we've spent already on content that's rationed out to us already. Why go through it again? Sims 5 game will probably lack the same things Sims 4 does if not more.

Like @agelessangel76 said, it's annoying to have to start over once you've dedicated so much time to legacies, builds, etc.

Also I don't want Sims 5 to happen because it'll make Sims 4 obsolete like we've seen happen to previous versions once a new one came out.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    Justine Keaton.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Nite0wlzNite0wlz Posts: 26 Member
    nobody wanted to talk about the sims 3 when TheSims2.com Forums were popular. Much less even speculate a Sims 4.
    Flag Quote · Insightful Like Awesome
  • Mandie997Mandie997 Posts: 155 Member
    I really need a Sims 5 to fix the genetic system. Go back to mendel inheritance like in TS2 please. I'd like actual babies again (with clothes), plus toddlers, kids, pre-teens, teens, young adult, adult, middle aged, and elder. I want sims to add unique aspects to their life stages like how in TS2 the teen sims got zits and could be taught to drive a car. Oh and I would like them to re-add the memory system and wants/fears. Please and thank you.
  • TheLostNightshadeTheLostNightshade Posts: 35 Member
    The Sims 5 is a want for me. Definitely a much advanced CAS, an open world, expansion packs... I don't know, really. I'm excited, though.
    What? You-- I-- That doesn't even make any sense! Of course, Miles and Kiki have a great sibling selfie.
    p.png?size=1600x1200&size_mode=3
    TheLostNightshade: My best fwiend.
  • PenguinColadaPenguinColada Posts: 76 Member
    I'm all for TS5. Maybe they can take all the good features from their previous games and make it into something great. :D
    nwNhIHG.png
    Origin ID: FancyPatsyCat
  • skylerxoskylerxo Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm absolutely for a Sims 5. When we transitioned from S3 to S4, I really didn't care about the emotions tbh. They honestly reeled me in with the new CAS and built tools. What made me love S3 was the open world & CAW, and I wish they'd return. HOWEVER.

I could settle for a semi-open world with locations (like the "neighborhoods" sections we currently have) such as: your home, you neighbors, a corner bookshop, a grocery store, a cafe etc. in one small area and if you want to travel elsewhere you could hop in a car and then use a loading screen to get there. I love open worlds but I'm willing to compromise!

Also maybe less rabbit holes? Being able to go inside said places in your neighborhood would really be immersive. Maybe the base game could come with a few interactive careers and a later expansion could expand on it? Also, more realistic skin and alpha hair without CC would be perfect as an option! I know people like the Maxis match but I miss realistic sims. Thanks for listening!
  • Rachie_rabbitRachie_rabbit Posts: 26 Member
    The excitement that you get when a new sims/pack comes out is something I'll never forget. For me personally when the sims 4 had no cars, I lost interest although I still play it. I hope sims 5 would be a combination of, Sims 3 (University, cars) Sims 4(build,parenthood,restaurants) etc
    and that there would be more detail in it like
    -bigger bellies when pregnant
    - getting drunk of the bar
    - lypo

I know you can get these in mods but it would be cool if they came with sims 5
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    edited March 2019
    I love The Sims series, it's my favorite game franchise of all time. Of course I'd want a Sims 5! But just not at the moment. I feel there is more that needs to be added to the Sims 4 to satisfy everyone. Plus, I'd want them to take all the time they need to create a perfect Sims game. I'm not in a big rush.
    Proud simmer
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Personally, I don't want TS5 anytime soon. I have invested so much in TS4 and there is still a lot of content I am waiting for before the game will feel 'complete' to me. I wouldn't want to start all over again when TS4 still has so much potential. I'm also very attached to my sims and have spent a ridiculous amount of time creating them. Besides, there is no guarantee that TS5 will be as amazing as everyone hopes or make up for what TS4 would lack at this point if TS5 took over. That isn't to say I wouldn't welcome TS5 at a later stage if it really is amazing, but not right now.
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    I would like a Sims 5 at some point, but my expectations are low for how it'll actually be in execution. Ideally, it would be a lot like 2 minus the corruption and with a CAS like 4's (if not, better). But... I don't see that happening, even though it pains me to say that. 5 needs to be better than 4, it took a long time for me to buy 4 because the launch was so bad and I don't think I'll give a second chance like that again.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
    I'm honestly believing that the overall consensus is that there should be a continuation of the Sims series with a Sims 5 BUT that it should not be "next year" as the rumors keep insisting. I agree with most everyone here that S4 has so much greater potential o be explored before we embark on a new adventure. I would love to see the Sims 4 completely "fleshed out" so to say with everything that we have asked for. There are so many game updates patches and packs that could be brought into play with S4 that I would hate to see the potential in the game go to waste. In the end I'll be just like every other die hard Simmer and I'll be pre-ordering and eagerly waiting when they do decide to release the next chapter on our wild ride. Let's hope it starts out half as good as the last 4 have ended.
  • deeman190deeman190 Posts: 99 Member
    I get that not everyone feels this way. But, I loved how interactive The Sims 3 was. I loved being able to go out into the neighborhood and interact with people. I hope The Sims 5 is more interactive. This probably won't happen, but, I think weather and seasons should be a feature in the base game and maybe release an expansion pack later with more activities that would pertain to each season.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I don't really care tbh.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    If there's a TS5:

-Openworld like TS3. It's more realistic to me.
    -Seasons, Generations (or some parts to make base just a little less boring), & Pets already in game.
    -Add rabbits and ferrets!
    -More dog breeds than TS3
    -Holiday EP to add holidays (Love Day, Leisure Day, Spooky Day, Snowflake Day)
    -Walkers, Baby Swings, Changing Tables, and rattles already in game!
    -Make aliens only in Supernatural EP, not Seasons and add ability to turn off; Vampires only in SN too.
    - New LN + Showtime EP, add both clubs/lounges/bars AND show venues!
    - More base game careers.
    - Autosave!
    - Celeb Life SP: Add clothes & furniture based off Celebrities (Like TS3's Katy Perry stuff), such as t-shirts, posters, and maybe new music for stereos.
    - Revamp Stereo System: Add more songs, but let us create "playlists" for Sims so they can play a mix of genres rather than one. Add holiday music as well.
    - More sports! Basketball, Football, Lacrosse, Volleyball, Tennis, Golf, Hockey, Gymnastics! Maybe make them EP?
    - Make dancing a skill (Child, YA, Adult, Elder) Add dance styles for different levels (Ballet, Contemporary/Modern, Tap/Jazz, Hip-hop/breakdance (Can't be achieved at Child), (Salsa dancing could be a world adventures EP type thing); Add dance competitions, winning depends on dance style + levels)
    - More diseases. Make lethal ones extremely rare, however, or add ability to pick which diseases happen.

Just some random ideas. I didn't get TS4 because I've heard it's very different to TS3 and I enjoy TS3, so that's where my ideas are based off.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com