Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aging Down Adult to Teen

I plan on getting my young adult sim pregnant, then when the baby is born, age her down to a teen. Will she automatically start going to school? Or no?

Comments

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    You should probably get rid of her high school diploma before you age her down, and she will probably go to school. But I do not recommend aging a sim down within the game. It could cause corruption.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2019
    There is no way to age an existing in-game sim down to teen that I know of, even with mods, other than by using CAS to force them into a younger age stage. And agreed, that is not recommended if that was method intended as it has the potential to break the sim.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    Yes, the teen Sim would start going to school. I have done this a lot in my own game and the only glitch so far I have come across has to do with special outfits. Special outfits such as when children dress up using the costume chest, Halloween costumes, etc. The issue is when an aged down Sim uses their previous special outfit from their previous age that no longer is for the correct age group. This causes one of three visual glitches.

1. The textures of the Sim's whole body/attire will be that as if nude. (Though it might be possible that CC got miscategorized for the wrong age as a special outfit...I'm not sure.)
    2. The special outfit causes a Sim to stretch and deform. (I have seen this with one teen aged down to a child.)
    3. While using the special outfit the Sim reverts back to their original age (I have seen this from young adult to teen aged down.)

Because there is no way or safe way to delete special outfits or edit to give the Sim a correct age specified special outfit, a Sim is basically stuck like that *if* special outfits are present. Though I'm sure there's more to it as not all my Sims who had special outfits were affected at all. I would probably have to create a new save and test it out to learn all the nuances. There is a workaround I figured out in case of a glitched special outfit. However, what I haven't figured out yet was if the Sim's memory is also transferred and no I'm not referring to the memory system of Generations.
    http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=5084242&posted=1#post5084242

The Sims that I have aged down I still play with and have been playing with for a long time...years. So that's just my personal experience, so far, of aging Sims down. Also, it's a good idea to reset the Sim after you age them down if that is the route you still want to go. However, as common knowledge as this should be by now, I'll say it anyway. Always back up and save your game so just in case if a fatal glitch happens you always have a good previous save to play from.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I plan on getting my young adult sim pregnant, then when the baby is born, age her down to a teen. Will she automatically start going to school? Or no?

I have aged down YA Sims before. Yes, they will automatically acquire a High School "career" & homework.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I tried it in a save once. I did not delete the high school diploma. She did not go to school. The next time I tried to load the save I waited for a long time (more than 30 min), nothing happened. I loaded an earlier save instead, before I had aged her down; which did not take long to start. I think there were lots of other things being problematic in that save though and I did not continue playing it.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member

@Missa_Sissa If you don't want her to go to school, Simple, delete the school. I never send any of my kids to school, every world I play I delete the school. I guess that is just me.

• KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    I once aged down one imaginary friend that was turned human that for some reason had become an aldult when its owner became a teenager.

He still had his diploma and didn’t automatically go to school, but I was able to enroll him in school by clicking on the school.

Still, when he turned into adult again, he wasn’t able to attend the high school graduation at the city hall.
    ..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Interesting. I played a whole save where I took various women from different towns, aged them down to teens, and called it "Jamie Jolina's Home for Wayward Girls." Jame Jolina was the house-mother. I didn't have any issues then. I had the teen age span something huge like 90 days, too. Once they all finally aged up to young adult I lost interest and started a new game.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    Interesting. I played a whole save where I took various women from different towns, aged them down to teens, and called it "Jamie Jolina's Home for Wayward Girls." Jame Jolina was the house-mother. I didn't have any issues then. I had the teen age span something huge like 90 days, too. Once they all finally aged up to young adult I lost interest and started a new game.

Did you age them down during the course of gameplay, or did you take them from their various towns into CAS, age them down, and then place them in the game? Aging them down before placing them in a game is not usually a problem, though it was for me with one particular sim, but aging them down in CAS within an ongoing game can be.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I saved them to the bin, then I added them to the household one by one in a brand new Sunset Valley game. Then I took them into CAS and aged them down to teen right away before I started playing.

I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited March 2019
    Why not use MC to go into CAS, age your sim down, save him in the bin, leave CAS witithout saving, get rid of the actual older one, then move the saved young one in?
    NymlADp.jpg
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    IF you use mods, you could just skip the whole having them become young adult part. Without mods, I believe you could still take your teen sim into CAS and use "Play with genetics" I think.
    Seems like it would be the simplest way to have a teen parent.
    edited March 2019
    Teens cannot be used as genetic donors in MasterController's Play With Genetics feature, trying to do so causes the screen to freeze though there are workarounds to avoid that. Is there a Play With Genetics on EA's version of CAS? I thought it only shows up on CAH (Create a Household), not for already existing sim households.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • KeokKeok Posts: 13 New Member
    I have never tried to age down a sim. Did not even realize you could do that.
  • WollybuttWollybutt Posts: 13 New Member
    I aged down a whole heap of my ready-made adult and YA sims for a 'puberty' challenge on another forum. It was a lot of fun and allowed me to explore facets of their personalities they'd never revealed before.
    If the OP wants her teen to have a baby, she can't make it in CAS anyway.
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    I have from the store, door of death and life and when my adult Sim died, the grim reaper brought him back from the grave as a baby
  • rosepickerrosepicker Posts: 78 Member
    i know! after the girl has the baby, age her back down into a teen, it works for me but only with cheats. 1st, do ctrl + shift + C to open the cheatbox. next, type testingcheats true/on,if it says "cheats enabled" you did it right. then, type cas.fulleditmode, it should make it so that you can age down sims that are not pregnant. last but not least, shift click on the sim *shift + click* and select "Modify In CAS" and change her into a teen. if it does not keep her as the mom, it might be that there is somthing with my game keeping her the mom, or somthing with your game making her not the mom anymore.enjoy! have fun!
  • rosepickerrosepicker Posts: 78 Member
    oof!!
    @rosepicker - This thread is about TS3 and is on the TS3 section of the forum. Your solution is for TS4.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!