Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*sobs*

computer meltdown, windows reload. The last time I backed up my save was months ago. *sigh*

Comments

• Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    I’m sorry that happened. That really sucks. Maybe if you had an idea about a type of playthrough that you’ve been putting off, now would be a good opportunity.
  • AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    Yeah that's what I normally would have done (my system hates Win10, this isn't the first reboot in the last six.. three... one month.. lol) but I'm really into this family. Luckily I backed up my files to one of my other HDs just less than a month ago so I've only lost like 3 months (game time.) It was an eventful 3 months, though so I'm just a little frumpy about it lol. Guess I should learn to back them up more often. lol :) Thankfully I load the game from a different drive and the only thing I'll need to reinstall is my store content. :)
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    So sorry this happened :| W10 does appear to have a mind of it's own. I have taken to putting a copy of my CAW project on my EHD every time I make a major change. Hope you are soon up and running g again.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited March 2019
    The part I hate the most is reinstalling all the store content :( If you own the store you gotta make sure not to duplicate double install sets then you have to hunt all the non set single items and outfits.Then all the special items like unlocks for sharing memories and retired promotional branded sets also singles awarded from simpoint bundles and....

OMG my head is exploding for you AbellaKellaher

M0WjK6O.gif
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    @Bettyboop55 Yeah, Win10 has really done a number on both mine and my husband's PC - he's about to chuck the computers altogether after reloading us both multiple times lol! You'd think after how many years I'd learn to back up to the EHD every major life event but this is as close as I've ever come. *sigh* well let's hope I remember this go round. I'm going to upload the characters though because now I have to completely remake 2 main sims that I created AFTER the last backup lol (mom and dad/grandma and grandpa lol)

Thanks for the support guys. It did help me to chuckle rather than actually let it get to me :)