Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What can be done to fix sims themselves?

Comments

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited March 2019
    For me if a Sim is sad or angry, for example, I wish they'd stay that way as the top moodlet thing instead of it being overridden because they have a nicely decorated house. For me that's annoying as it gets. I wish they'd pay more attention to pets without my having to tell them to a good most of the time. They'll give them smooches and hugs, but when the poor dog is standing by your Sim crying to go for walkies and your Sim is way too engrossed with the computer...well...that's mean.

I know I'm a broken record with this topic too, but loyalty is something sorely missing or simply even acting like the one you're in a relationship with is the one you do love. Going on dates is super boring...and a bit dumb. There's no hand holding or any cute affections, but dang if there sure are cheating ones. Why have one without the other? Why do Sims in happy, committed relationships flirt with other Sims or just as awful do that stupid enchanting introduction? What's up with that?

I've had a Sim show his hate towards poor Goth (whatever his name is I forget...Mortimer I believe) and I mean like he HATED him. The poor guy came to the house one day to talk to my other Sim of which was friends with Goth. The Sim that dislikes him heard him over and literally ran from out of the basement and went outside to where Goth was standing and proceeded to beat the snot out of him. Whoa! But did anything come of that? No. The Sim that is friends with Goth smiled like a dork and went about his way. Again..why? He should have been irritated with his spouse for behaving like that. That's the other thing too, inviting a friend over or even going to their house is dumb. There's like zero interactions at all. Can you offer them a drink or a snack? I don't think so (if there is that option I'm missing it). Most of the time Sims don't even acknowledge that they have a guest around unless you force interactions.

Now granted, my Sims do differ from one another and it's obvious in a lot of ways. My outdoors loving Sim will stand in the rain and loves to go camping. His spouse cries every time they camp and is scared of thunderstorms. However, that does get overrode by the "nicely decorated house" moodlet. Sorry, as one that's sort of scared of storms myself, looking at a pretty picture of a kitten isn't going to make me ignore the fact that it's thundering outside. I'll still be on edge.

I agree with the talk here about there needing to be a bit more negative emotions and ones that override or stick around a lot longer than they do. What about having them have things they're no good at doing even if the skill level is maxed? Not everyone should be a pro bowler or master painter. They could max the skill, but they keep bowling gutterballs or painting poor pieces. I'd love to see more positive with the way of relationships be they family/friend bonds or dating/marriage. I'd love to see more negative like fears and disgusts and have them stick around as the top mood for a while. I'd even love to see more wonderment. I mean a Sim built a rocket and went to Sixam and he walked around like it was no big deal. At least the first time going they should have stood around gawking oohing and ahhing at everything lol Going to a big city or somewhere totally new from the environment your Sim lives would be cool like that too....I would love to see a Sim marvel at seeing skycrapers for the first time or mesas in the desert. Take pictures too with the phone! Even reacting to decorations around the house for the holidays would be sweet. Sighing happily at the winterfest tree or being creeped out by the gnomes would be fun depending on the Sims personalities....they could be the opposite too...grunting in disgust grinch-like at a tree or being overjoyed at the sight of the gnomes.

I love my Sims and I love Sims 4 very, very much. There's still a lot of room for improvements and a lot of ways to enrich the gaming to where even small tweaks could work. If they can always add positive traits surely they can add negative ones as well. You can't tell me they can't make a loyalty/player trait potion to buy in the trait store, but yet they can have a overweight/skinny potion. There's ways to make and do a lot of things even if it comes down to just buying those traits in the rewards store and have them work. Things like this don't have to be offered in a pack, just in a patch here and there or even all at once. With the begging for more romantic reactions that could have so been a perfect thing for a patch in February for Love Day. I have faith they'll do it. Why it takes so long I don't know as I'm not a programmer, but surely they can make it happen.

Thank you for your post. I agree with you, we need more negative impact & negative traits otherwise the game is too much ''easy''. I would like better reactions to cheated on, divorce etc too. The date system is so broken at that moment, it adds nothing. The dating system from TS2 is by far the best! To conclude I love The Sims 4 too, but when I play I know that better personalities are missing & it always makes me feel like ''Why? The game would have been so much better''. I have my toddlers, my seasons, my pets, my terrain tools now what I need is my better personalities.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Summary of March 17 until March 24

Memory
    • A long & short memory system : first kiss, wedding, children, dead shoud go into the ''long memory'' system & those are memories the sim will always remember, sometimes the sim will think about it and have a good/bad moodlet related to this memory. Things like insult someone, ate favorite meal etc should go into the ''short memory'' system that can last after 7 days, the sim will get a good/bad moodlet related to this memory

Emotions
    • Increase the impact of negative emotions
    • Use a bit more emotions like dazed, blased etc

Traits
    • A lazy sim would complain about having a full time job & be happy when taking holiday, miss work etc
    • A good sim would never learn (or at least being able to max) the mischievous skill

Behaviours & Reactions
    • Different levels of reactions depending on what is happening. Little things would just cause a moodlet while a big thing would cause animations. The intensity of the reaction should differ when it is a family member, a friend or a stranger
    • The ''asking about a sim'' interaction shoud give logical answer : ''I hate X'' ''I love Y'' ''I don't know Z''
    • Sims should take more care of children & pets
    • Sims should react to festival decorations, being in a city/jungle for the first time, being surprised in Sixam etc

Extra
    • More unique animations : different ways of sitting, running, eating, sleeping, standing etc
    • More unique social interactions
    • A moral system : based on sim actions. Parents can teach good/bad moral to their children & it will have an impact on their adult life. Moral sims will become tense if they commit an immoral action. Moral sims will get upset and become tense when they witness an immoral action by another sim and loose relationship points with them. Immoral sims are not unfazed by witnessing an immoral action or committing an immoral action. (Something like you did with drink blood in Vampire)
    • A gossip system : we can spread good or bad rumors about a sim
    • Some sims just shouldn't be able to max skills or make always good painting/food/objects etc. They should fail in some areas sometimes.

This one was pretty short cause I didn't want to repeat things that already have been said. Maxis we are hoping to hear you more about this topic, at least say us something cause we don't even know if one day we'll be heard and it's frustrating. Thank you for your amazing ideas & happy simming! :)
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    OliCaitOliCait Posts: 476 Member
    I would LOVE to see more personalities in the sims! I miss astrological signs, favorite colors/food/music - it would be great if we could get those back, but with the addition of them actually having an effect on their lives! So, it would be great if sims got extra moodlets from doing their favorite things!

It would also be so great to have dislikes - get bad moodlets from listening to disliked music, or eating disliked food (see: vegetarians eating meat)

I miss memories too! Screenshots being sorted by memories. Doing photo albums for families. All that stuff.
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited March 2019
    I find sims to be stale and non-diverse. I believe the biggest offender is the trait system, which I have not been satisfied with since the beginning. 3 traits are not enough and I find the traits to be shallow and only influence emotions. I would like to see traits that influence behaviors (to an appropriate extent, not too much or little), unlock special interactions (evil person washes hands with evil soap, friendly person has special greeting), and be better at something (natural chef cooks better food). The reason I say this is if you select a trait for a sim, it has very little influence on that sim. Sims 3 has a really good trait system.

The other thing is I don't see too many group activities for sims to do. Socializing in the sims 4 seems limited to talking with eachother. It could use household items like the llama foosball table. I remember the sims 3 had public events such as sports games, concerts, and movies. It would be great to have a return to this game.

Another issue is the lack of household items and CAS items. I have heard many people speak about this, and I agree with them. I find CAS items are biased in favor of females and I find that household items need more variety. For example, kitchen counters and hot tubs. Also could use more recipes. (It's dinner time now, I'm thinking of food.)

More careers. Especially basics such as Education, Law Enforcement, Medical.

I hope the game can improve through the introduction of these ideas.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    OliCait wrote: »
    I would LOVE to see more personalities in the sims! I miss astrological signs, favorite colors/food/music - it would be great if we could get those back, but with the addition of them actually having an effect on their lives! So, it would be great if sims got extra moodlets from doing their favorite things!

It would also be so great to have dislikes - get bad moodlets from listening to disliked music, or eating disliked food (see: vegetarians eating meat)

I miss memories too! Screenshots being sorted by memories. Doing photo albums for families. All that stuff.

I like it, I didn't thought of favorite music. A hot-headed sim should be angry while listening a music he/she doesn't like, however a gloomy sim should be sad, a snob sim should be annoyed etc. And just now I got ideas for few more traits, I'll add them in the next summary.

Nervous : this sim seems to always feel tense, relaxing activities have less impact on this sim. Having responsabilities (throw a party, apply for a job, parenthood etc) is always a big deal for him/her & makes this sim feel tense
    Fearful : this sim is scared of pretty much everything (maybe time for a fear emotion?). A broken object, a barking dog, (yeah expand traits through packs) the dark, the night, loud music etc. He/she can even pass out when too much emotions (a birth, vampire, aliens etc.)
    Afraid of water : this sim doesn't like water and can feel tense (would have been better with a fear emotion) in pools. This sim avoid taking shower and take them only when really needed.
    Nudist : this sim likes to be naked, never feels embarassed to be nude and can be naked in front of children. This sim can also be happy while being naked & always choose to swim without any swimwear
    Brave : this sim seems to always feel confident & like to put out fire. Nothing makes him/her afraid (even vampire etc).
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member

I like it, I didn't thought of favorite music. A hot-headed sim should be angry while listening a music he/she doesn't like, however a gloomy sim should be sad, a snob sim should be annoyed etc. And just now I got ideas for few more traits, I'll add them in the next summary.

Nervous : this sim seems to always feel tense, relaxing activities have less impact on this sim. Having responsabilities (throw a party, apply for a job, parenthood etc) is always a big deal for him/her & makes this sim feel tense
    Fearful : this sim is scared of pretty much everything (maybe time for a fear emotion?). A broken object, a barking dog, (yeah expand traits through packs) the dark, the night, loud music etc. He/she can even pass out when too much emotions (a birth, vampire, aliens etc.)
    Afraid of water : this sim doesn't like water and can feel tense (would have been better with a fear emotion) in pools. This sim avoid taking shower and take them only when really needed.
    Nudist : this sim likes to be naked, never feels embarassed to be nude and can be naked in front of children. This sim can also be happy while being naked & always choose to swim without any swimwear
    Brave : this sim seems to always feel confident & like to put out fire. Nothing makes him/her afraid (even vampire etc).

All are good ideas. I always found neurotic from sims 3 to be funny because they would freak out and then get tranquil afterwards. Evil made sims evil laugh and do everyday interactions with an evil twist (evil bath, eat food fiendishly), and become fiendishly delighted (I find fiendishly delighted far better than near misery).
  • Options

All are good ideas. I always found neurotic from sims 3 to be funny because they would freak out and then get tranquil afterwards. Evil made sims evil laugh and do everyday interactions with an evil twist (evil bath, eat food fiendishly), and become fiendishly delighted (I find fiendishly delighted far better than near misery).

Yeah TS3 traits system was good. But I'm not a fan of "evil bath, nap" etc interactions cause it doesn't add any gameplay.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Maybe with the 64bits update there's a chance to see it soon. Anyone knows if it is actually easier to improve personalities with only a 64bits game or it doesn't change anything?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    A lot of suggestions throughout these eleven pages that I agree on. I guess I’ll throw in my two-cents in a condensed form. :p

Listed in order of importance for me (for me, yo!); note that I do put the limitations of the existing system into my consideration:
    • Sharply revamp the Happy emotion: I believe this has been mentioned numerous times. Yes, sims kids and above are oversaturated with happiness. First up, and this WILL be tedious for any developer, is to change most of the Happy buffs to Fine buffs. In my opinion, ordinary life events are suppose to give a Fine buff only, such as all Decorated buffs, Delicious Dish (there are Scrumptious and Delectable Dish that can remain happy already), Hmm... That was Okay, Feeling Good, Peaceful Waking, Enjoying Solitude, two Trimester buffs, all Mind Controlled buffs, et cetera. Next, isolate the Happy emotion and make it an independent one as the others. I think having every emotion on a leveled playing field goes a long way in making each positive or negative moments distinct, without the “reinforcement” system washing out, or even overpowering any negative buffs.
    • Strengthen some of the unique emotional buffs: Since every emotions, including Fine, are on an even standing, some buffs of unique emotions (emotions that are not Happy, Uncomfortable, or Fine) should be stronger, i.e., carry more points. For me, the buffs that should be strengthened are of importance in life (not the ones give out from environment, traits, so on) such as social interactions, relationship status shifts, career changes, being Dazed (+10 at least) or Bored, et cetera.
    • Keeping in mind of the current mechanics, I’d suggest at the very least add one more trait slot for YA and above. While I agree that personalities should take precedence over emotions, in this state it requires a complete overhaul. Although I would like to know more about the “conflict” SimGurus talked about when discussing adding more slots for traits, I presume some of that might be eradicated by the aforementioned emotions revamp.

Realistically, these are what I can think of about this topic.
  • Options
    A lot of suggestions throughout these eleven pages that I agree on. I guess I’ll throw in my two-cents in a condensed form. :p

Listed in order of importance for me (for me, yo!); note that I do put the limitations of the existing system into my consideration:
    • Sharply revamp the Happy emotion: I believe this has been mentioned numerous times. Yes, sims kids and above are oversaturated with happiness. First up, and this WILL be tedious for any developer, is to change most of the Happy buffs to Fine buffs. In my opinion, ordinary life events are suppose to give a Fine buff only, such as all Decorated buffs, Delicious Dish (there are Scrumptious and Delectable Dish that can remain happy already), Hmm... That was Okay, Feeling Good, Peaceful Waking, Enjoying Solitude, two Trimester buffs, all Mind Controlled buffs, et cetera. Next, isolate the Happy emotion and make it an independent one as the others. I think having every emotion on a leveled playing field goes a long way in making each positive or negative moments distinct, without the “reinforcement” system washing out, or even overpowering any negative buffs.
    • Strengthen some of the unique emotional buffs: Since every emotions, including Fine, are on an even standing, some buffs of unique emotions (emotions that are not Happy, Uncomfortable, or Fine) should be stronger, i.e., carry more points. For me, the buffs that should be strengthened are of importance in life (not the ones give out from environment, traits, so on) such as social interactions, relationship status shifts, career changes, being Dazed (+10 at least) or Bored, et cetera.
    • Keeping in mind of the current mechanics, I’d suggest at the very least add one more trait slot for YA and above. While I agree that personalities should take precedence over emotions, in this state it requires a complete overhaul. Although I would like to know more about the “conflict” SimGurus talked about when discussing adding more slots for traits, I presume some of that might be eradicated by the aforementioned emotions revamp.

Realistically, these are what I can think of about this topic.

I agree with everything. They can certainly do it! A well decorated home or a good meal should make a sim feel fine. And they need to overhaul all the happy moodlets into fine moodlets.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    So many great ideas...
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    We also need more animations when a sim is not doing anything. Not just standing or sitting while looking at the sky happily. For example, we never see a Music Lover Sim do the animation they do in CAS ever in Live Mode. An Hot Headed sim is always looking happy. There should be some animatation with hot headed sims that shows that even if they are fine/happy, there is some irrarability inside them. Small Details matters
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    We also need more animations when a sim is not doing anything. Not just standing or sitting while looking at the sky happily. For example, we never see a Music Lover Sim do the animation they do in CAS ever in Live Mode. An Hot Headed sim is always looking happy. There should be some animatation with hot headed sims that shows that even if they are fine/happy, there is some irrarability inside them. Small Details matters

Yes, definitely! It would certainly help make sims look and feel more distinctive. Dance Machine sims do these cute little jigs every now and then just like this which I love.
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited March 2019
    I have played all the Sims games. With TS2 and TS3 there were so many details that led to the feeling you were completely immersed in the game, and not just based on objects and gameplay, but the Sims themselves. I remember feeling real fear and excitement when something bad was about to happen, like you Sim getting arrested, your Sim catching their SO cheating, divorce, etc, etc. There were real fears and consequences. I have had more than enough occasions, my ladies catching their superstar boyfriend flirting with some other girl in the club. My Sim will just sit there and cry, she won't go confront her pathetic boyfriend, anything. What happened to the slap across the face heard around the world? Why aren't kids sad when their parents get divorced? I have a few criminals in my game, why aren't they ever arrested and sent to jail for several Sim hours like in TS3? Remember the wishes Sims had in TS2 to see harm come to their enemies? Where is the attraction system? Why is everything so easy. A game based on life, yet, it does little to reflect real life.

In careers, it's far too easy to get a promotion, it's far too easy to trap some man or woman with a few smooth words, etc. My Sims who want to be rich and live a fabulous life, should not want to date one of my Sims who has less than 20K or who is on level one in the Culinary career. My girls looking to secure the bag need to only be attracted to Sims who have a certain amount of money or at least at a certain level in their careers where they're making a lot of money. Wasn't there something in either TS2 or TS3 that marrying rich was a goal? Asking how much money a Sim has should be an option. I could have so much fun with that.

This new hugging kick Sims have been on since last summer, what's up with Sims with the evil trait stopping everything they're doing to go hug someone they know? Hug, hug, hug, all Sims want to do these days is hug.

There's a lot to be improved on in this, but at this late in the game, do I think we'll see many changes? No.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    TS1299 wrote: »

I agree, just more various ways of standing as simple as cross the arms, hold the other hands etc would be great.
    lasummerb wrote: »
    I have played all the Sims games. With TS2 and TS3 there were so many details that led to the feeling you were completely immersed in the game, and not just based on objects and gameplay, but the Sims themselves. I remember feeling real fear and excitement when something bad was about to happen, like you Sim getting arrested, your Sim catching their SO cheating, divorce, etc, etc. There were real fears and consequences. I have had more than enough occasions, my ladies catching their superstar boyfriend flirting with some other girl in the club. My Sim will just sit there and cry, she won't go confront her pathetic boyfriend, anything. What happened to the slap across the face heard around the world? Why aren't kids sad when their parents get divorced? I have a few criminals in my game, why aren't they ever arrested and sent to jail for several Sim hours like in TS3? Remember the wishes Sims had in TS2 to see harm come to their enemies? Where is the attraction system? Why is everything so easy. A game based on life, yet, it does little to reflect real life.

In careers, it's far too easy to get a promotion, it's far too easy to trap some man or woman with a few smooth words, etc. My Sims who want to be rich and live a fabulous life, should not want to date one of my Sims who has less than 20K or who is on level one in the Culinary career. My girls looking to secure the bag need to only be attracted to Sims who have a certain amount of money or at least at a certain level in their careers where they're making a lot of money. Wasn't there something in either TS2 or TS3 that marrying rich was a goal? Asking how much money a Sim has should be an option. I could have so much fun with that.

This new hugging kick Sims have been on since last summer, what's up with Sims with the evil trait stopping everything they're doing to go hug someone they know? Hug, hug, hug, all Sims want to do these days is hug.

There's a lot to be improved on in this, but at this late in the game, do I think we'll see many changes? No.

It was the reason why sims were so appealing. The reactions are so awful in this iteration. In wich world you can cheat someone with no consequences, see inexpressive children about divorced parents, borrow money, not giving it back & have no problems? (and I could continue with the examples...) Sometimes I just don't understand Maxis, The Sims used to be so real... Today I was playing and my hot headed sim had an angry moodlet cause she had a bad discussion but wait, unfortunately she couldn't be fully angry cause the house was well decorated and she was with another snob sim. Negative moodlets should be stronger because in real life except a good thing is really great we normally focus more on bad things. So why not in TS4? The fine emotion need to be the base one as soon as possible! Maxis, with the 64bits update it's maybe time to overhaul personalities no? With all the feedbacks since day one I just can't believe you're not aware but I tend to think you just don't listen to us... I really hope all these dry months will finally be worth.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I won't be doing a summary this sunday because there hasn't been enough ideas this week. I'll add in the next summary what has been said until now if there's enough feedbacks the next week. I'm wondering how many time will it take them to overhaul personalities. Happy simming! :)
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited March 2019
    @Jordan061102 pretty sure you will agree with this but i think they also need to fix the musical chair issue in the sims4 my sim just cook a family meal but rather than eat with her family she just pick up her plate and went to eat at the park including pic as proofpZhSCH2.png
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    @Jordan061102 pretty sure you will agree with this but i think they also need to fix the musical chair issue in the sims4 my sim just cook a family meal but rather than eat with her family she just pick up her plate and went to eat at the park including pic as proofpZhSCH2.png

I totally agree with you on that point. The "set the table" option from Parenthood fix a little bit that but they keep on standing to hug each other everytime, that's so annoying.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    @Freygea .

I would really like the game to give a hidden trait. Something random, good or bad would add a lot of dimension. Might want to make it something that can be turned on or off during CAS.
  • Options
    Dollyllama108Dollyllama108 Posts: 268 Member
    > @TS1299 said:
    > @RobinGreenthumb wrote: »
    >
    > I feel like part of the issue is, that depending on what route they take it could annoy or infuriate part of the fan base. We’ve already seen debates of random vs chosen, and if sims start behaving in a drastically different manner...
    >
    > Personally, I’m for it, and I fall on the side of more randomized aspects (aaaand cheats or ways to potentially change them). But I can see why it may take the sim team awhile to roll out.
    >
    > Also, part of the issue is some of traits are just uh. Kinda vague by nature.
    >
    > “Evil” says nothing really about how a sim ACTS. Are they a big business mogul evil? What kind? Mad scientist evil? Do they put in a nice front? Love their friends but murder their enemies? Are they nasty to everyone indiscriminately? Even stuff like ‘hugs family they don’t like’ could be seen from a evil sim perspective as a number of reasonable scenarios. I had a evil sim I played as being EXTREMELY dedicated to family, even if he didn’t like them. Family was everything, and he would do anything for them. So to suddenly see his behavior drastically change to ‘mean’ things or etc would ruin the story I built.
    >
    > The reason why the old point system worked so well with sims 2 was because each aspect was something that would be noticeable in behavior. A slob would be different than a neat sim, nice and mean means far more for actual behavior than the vaguer terms good and evil do.
    >
    > Although I doubt it can be done on this current game system, I would love to see a reshuffling where the core behavoral stuff is added back with sliders, and then you can select a small number of traits to add quirks. I remember back in sims 2 how people wished they could make their sims vegetarian, and I love parts of that aspects for traits. We could have traits more for little things like that which don’t speak to a larger personality, and I could see the stuff like ‘paranoid’ or ‘cheerful’ or ‘self assured’ that could add a bit more depth.
    >
    > Realistic steps for Sims 4 though would be stuff like adding turn one/turn offs, maybe do something to beef up the behavior protocols for certain traits and moods and specific moodlets, and do stuff like either expand the number of traits sims can have and release a pack with a number of new traits that drastically effect a sim more than the current ones do. That way people won’t see sims they’ve grown attached to drastically change, but can try on more traits with other sims.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I agree with you. Another prolem with traits is that they don't work together. How about an combination of Evil and Genius could let to ehims of creating machines for evil purpose? Things like that would be neat.
    >
    > Now that I thought of Genius, I think it would be cool for some traits to have not just interactions and bonuses around them, but also, objects for them. Aside from showing a not functioning invention, what can a genius sim can do in the base game?They can't invent things or even have meaningful interactions about their meaningful ideas. Speaking of meaningul interactions, how about gloomy sims have the ability to listen to sad songs when they feel sad?Little details are always what makes The Sims special.

Yes! The idea that combinations of traits should have unique effects is seriously underrated, and has crazy amounts of potential. Even just a couple, like a Childish Kleptomaniac wanting to steal candy from a baby, or an Outgoing Sim who Loves the Outdoors wanting to talk to plants, or a Mean Vegetarian wanting to yell at people for eating meat, would be great.

I'd like to see a much bigger diversity of whims. There's no downside to giving unique whims to Sims with different personalities; even a player who wants complete control over their Sims can just ignore it. Fixing the complete lack of contextual awareness and memory all Sims seem to have should also be a top priority. Right now, if Sim kids don't react to their parents getting divorced, or no one cares if a ghost comes back to life in front of their eyes. Things like this make me worry for their mental health, especially since Happy is the default emotion. Actually, since everyone likes pushing down their emotions so badly, maybe there can be a Therapist job or trait where Sims can make the presence/prevalence of negative emotions in others go down over time.

Thanks to everyone in this thread who mentioned the Meaningful Stories mod. I didn't even know this is what my game needed, but I'm downloading it right now.
    banner_both.jpg
    Catastrophe Theory: If, through loose ends, we could resume/Unrav'ling defects from the loom/And soften as the shuttle mends---/Then save for me a few loose ends!
    Haunted: Picture Oscar Wilde dating Willy Wonka, also Oscar Wilde is still dead
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I can sum up everything I need to improve sims in one word.
    #FreeTheBabies
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Lquinn wrote: »
    @Freygea .

I would really like the game to give a hidden trait. Something random, good or bad would add a lot of dimension. Might want to make it something that can be turned on or off during CAS.

That would be great for the challenge. I think at the children state we should get a hidden trait, randomly.
    > @TS1299 said:
    > @RobinGreenthumb wrote: »
    >
    > I feel like part of the issue is, that depending on what route they take it could annoy or infuriate part of the fan base. We’ve already seen debates of random vs chosen, and if sims start behaving in a drastically different manner...
    >
    > Personally, I’m for it, and I fall on the side of more randomized aspects (aaaand cheats or ways to potentially change them). But I can see why it may take the sim team awhile to roll out.
    >
    > Also, part of the issue is some of traits are just uh. Kinda vague by nature.
    >
    > “Evil” says nothing really about how a sim ACTS. Are they a big business mogul evil? What kind? Mad scientist evil? Do they put in a nice front? Love their friends but murder their enemies? Are they nasty to everyone indiscriminately? Even stuff like ‘hugs family they don’t like’ could be seen from a evil sim perspective as a number of reasonable scenarios. I had a evil sim I played as being EXTREMELY dedicated to family, even if he didn’t like them. Family was everything, and he would do anything for them. So to suddenly see his behavior drastically change to ‘mean’ things or etc would ruin the story I built.
    >
    > The reason why the old point system worked so well with sims 2 was because each aspect was something that would be noticeable in behavior. A slob would be different than a neat sim, nice and mean means far more for actual behavior than the vaguer terms good and evil do.
    >
    > Although I doubt it can be done on this current game system, I would love to see a reshuffling where the core behavoral stuff is added back with sliders, and then you can select a small number of traits to add quirks. I remember back in sims 2 how people wished they could make their sims vegetarian, and I love parts of that aspects for traits. We could have traits more for little things like that which don’t speak to a larger personality, and I could see the stuff like ‘paranoid’ or ‘cheerful’ or ‘self assured’ that could add a bit more depth.
    >
    > Realistic steps for Sims 4 though would be stuff like adding turn one/turn offs, maybe do something to beef up the behavior protocols for certain traits and moods and specific moodlets, and do stuff like either expand the number of traits sims can have and release a pack with a number of new traits that drastically effect a sim more than the current ones do. That way people won’t see sims they’ve grown attached to drastically change, but can try on more traits with other sims.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I agree with you. Another prolem with traits is that they don't work together. How about an combination of Evil and Genius could let to ehims of creating machines for evil purpose? Things like that would be neat.
    >
    > Now that I thought of Genius, I think it would be cool for some traits to have not just interactions and bonuses around them, but also, objects for them. Aside from showing a not functioning invention, what can a genius sim can do in the base game?They can't invent things or even have meaningful interactions about their meaningful ideas. Speaking of meaningul interactions, how about gloomy sims have the ability to listen to sad songs when they feel sad?Little details are always what makes The Sims special.

Yes! The idea that combinations of traits should have unique effects is seriously underrated, and has crazy amounts of potential. Even just a couple, like a Childish Kleptomaniac wanting to steal candy from a baby, or an Outgoing Sim who Loves the Outdoors wanting to talk to plants, or a Mean Vegetarian wanting to yell at people for eating meat, would be great.

I'd like to see a much bigger diversity of whims. There's no downside to giving unique whims to Sims with different personalities; even a player who wants complete control over their Sims can just ignore it. Fixing the complete lack of contextual awareness and memory all Sims seem to have should also be a top priority. Right now, if Sim kids don't react to their parents getting divorced, or no one cares if a ghost comes back to life in front of their eyes. Things like this make me worry for their mental health, especially since Happy is the default emotion. Actually, since everyone likes pushing down their emotions so badly, maybe there can be a Therapist job or trait where Sims can make the presence/prevalence of negative emotions in others go down over time.

Thanks to everyone in this thread who mentioned the Meaningful Stories mod. I didn't even know this is what my game needed, but I'm downloading it right now.

I agree with you, you have good ideas! A combination of traits with logical whims, perfect. Better personalities should have been a priority since the beginning of the game, but they don't seem to really care of it, don't know why. It's never too late and I really hope to see a change before the end of the game.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    #FreeTheBabies
    How will freeing babies have any useful effect on their parents? I was happy when toddlers came, they are cute and fun and well done. Then I realized the parents still are not.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    #FreeTheBabies
    How will freeing babies have any useful effect on their parents? I was happy when toddlers came, they are cute and fun and well done. Then I realized the parents still are not.

Do not see too. It will be like every new content, fun the first week (I'm a little bit too generous lol) and then the same boring waiting for another thing to comes. I think I will never stop feeling like this until we finally get our real complex sims.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    @Jordan061102 when you do your next summery i just went you to know you can use the pic i posted as well
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(