Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tiny House Challenge

Comments

• LehuaLehua Posts: 48 Member
    > @HomeMama said:
    > Finished and all under $20K... On the Gallery, my name is WisdomBuilders, if anyone wants to download and try it out.

I love your little house! I'm terrible at building so I like seeing others do it!
  • GildedDiscourseGildedDiscourse Posts: 60 Member
    edited February 2019
    @Ramendemon Thank you so much. I really appreciate that. I like to have fun with building :) it's fun to try new things. There are so many amazing builds in this thread, I can't wait to see more. Your herbalist home is really adorable as well! Love the garden, it's so lovely. Very nice work! ♡
    rBjvmwv.jpg
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    If you want to know what a "Tiny House" really is, look up 'tiny house nation' with yahoo or google. Many of the houses here, yet very lovely and small, are not technically "tiny houses".
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited February 2019
    I decided to take up the challenge. (Okay, I wanted to build a tiny house and only realized later there was a challenge around it.) Here's my Tiny Home in Sylvan Glade:

SylvanGladeTinyHouseOutside.jpg
    SylvanGladeTinyHouseInside.jpg
    SylvanGladeTinyHouseInside2.jpg

Apologies for the lower-quality images. I'm on my laptop, which doesn't run The Sims on high res very well.

The lot is in the gallery, if anyone wants it: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/561750F7337811E986DB6B74343DD635

Like a couple others, I do have the toilet in its own 1X2 room. This was a lot of fun. ^_^
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    ZKirian wrote: »
    I still don't know if this quite meets the guidelines... building tiny is a challenge for me. In theory, the home could come off the foundation and be movable. I think it is small enough (hopefully) to do this. :/ This is called Tiny Modern Home in the gallery and is a 1 BR, 1 bath home. My Gallery ID is ZKirian. I hope you enjoy!
    Wall art paintings are credited to: #Simsmily, #tiya33, #Bella2222452

520eJBd.png?1
    Upstairs loft:
    XUg2bMU.png?1
    Main Level:
    5BGzS76.png?1
    Close up pics in spoiler:
    Bedroom:
    cjM9cos.png
    Kitchen:
    0xMpjaL.png
    Study:
    i45KJ5b.png
    Living/Dining Area:
    LBMC2PN.png

I wouldn't call it a tiny house, but love the the modern structure and modern interiors.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

If you want to know what a "Tiny House" really is, look up 'tiny house nation' with yahoo or google. Many of the houses here, yet very lovely and small, are not technically "tiny houses".[/q]

Some of you get it, some not even close.
  • EmilieFloraEmilieFlora Posts: 35 Member
    edited February 2019
    Hi this is my first time posting one of my builds,

I completed this challenge by making a 5x5 tiny room

[img]https://i.imgur.com/gyydBFp.png[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/aByiG4y.png[/img]

[img]https://imgur.com/6fQ3r38.png/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/BQNX8HG.png[/img]
  • rebeastyrebeasty Posts: 4 New Member
    This seems like such a cool challenge I can't wait to try this out! @Piperbird I feel like a dividing wall for the bathroom must be allowed - and looking at other posts it seems like people are doing that. I feel like the challenge is more about square feet than number of walls. also does anyone know if there are those beds that come down from the walls in sims?
  • CaptainStumpyCaptainStumpy Posts: 76 Member

Home-Made Trailer

This design is my best crack at making a trailer/tiny home. I had to take several runs at it because pathfinding for Sims broke when playtesting because of the tight quarters. I'm not sure if it is possible to fit all this stuff in any smaller of a space and everything be usable. I put the toilet and the shower behind a curtain to squeeze the space even tighter. This trailer was designed for the Lot 42 lot in Strangerville but could go anywhere.

Lot Size 20x15
    No bedroom but full bed
    NoCC
    Use moveobjects cheat?: Oh yeah.
    Imgur Gallery: Sims 4: Sims 4: Home-Made Trailer
    Online Sim4 Gallery: Home-made Trailer

Teaser Pics
    l9ZrLPI.jpg
    NQaCSkO.png
    uxcQHNv.png
    jySu7eB.jpg
    R3aGL0O.png
    gRdOaPs.png
    pV0Sp2z.png
    hwtfzWu.png
  • Simalien1Simalien1 Posts: 244 Member
    I build a gorgeous modern tiny house but unfortunately i can't post links here yet because i am new to this forum, but if you look up "Tiny Desert Home" by Simalien you will find it. You will love it! Xx
    MVIHo4S.jpg
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited March 2019
    I may have said it already, but as a fan of small houses, I love this thread! :smiley:
    Simalien1 wrote: »
    I build a gorgeous modern tiny house but unfortunately i can't post links here yet because i am new to this forum, but if you look up "Tiny Desert Home" by Simalien you will find it. You will love it! Xx
    Let me help with the link while you get those last posts/points :smile: >> https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F5A471FC394711E98308033D2F3B18E4
  • ashleyrosey06ashleyrosey06 Posts: 95 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm new to building tiny houses but I'm going to start doing it because I think they are absolutely amazing! For those of you who are tiny house experts, is it better to build from the inside out or outside in?
    In Simlish, we don't say "I love you." We say "Habadu Bashubi", which roughly translates to "I can't move because there is furniture in my way." I think that's absolutely beautiful.• ORIGIN ID: ashleyrosey06 •Ts2 is superior... change my mind ;)
  • Simalien1Simalien1 Posts: 244 Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    I may have said it already, but as a fan of small houses, I love this thread! :smiley:
    Simalien1 wrote: »
    Let me help with the link while you get those last posts/points :smile: >> https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F5A471FC394711E98308033D2F3B18E4

Sorry didnt see the message, i finally can post links here! Here's my tiny house

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRffiHrQXaE&t=26s
    MVIHo4S.jpg
    Home-Made Trailer

This design is my best crack at making a trailer/tiny home. I had to take several runs at it because pathfinding for Sims broke when playtesting because of the tight quarters. I'm not sure if it is possible to fit all this stuff in any smaller of a space and everything be usable. I put the toilet and the shower behind a curtain to squeeze the space even tighter. This trailer was designed for the Lot 42 lot in Strangerville but could go anywhere.

Lot Size 20x15
    No bedroom but full bed
    NoCC
    Use moveobjects cheat?: Oh yeah.
    Imgur Gallery: Sims 4: Sims 4: Home-Made Trailer
    Online Sim4 Gallery: Home-made Trailer

Teaser Pics
    l9ZrLPI.jpg
    NQaCSkO.png
    uxcQHNv.png
    jySu7eB.jpg
    R3aGL0O.png
    gRdOaPs.png
    pV0Sp2z.png
    hwtfzWu.png

Now you have the right stuff. This IS a 'tiny house', great work!
    I decided to take up the challenge. (Okay, I wanted to build a tiny house and only realized later there was a challenge around it.) Here's my Tiny Home in Sylvan Glade:

SylvanGladeTinyHouseOutside.jpg
    SylvanGladeTinyHouseInside.jpg
    SylvanGladeTinyHouseInside2.jpg

Apologies for the lower-quality images. I'm on my laptop, which doesn't run The Sims on high res very well.

The lot is in the gallery, if anyone wants it: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/561750F7337811E986DB6B74343DD635

Like a couple others, I do have the toilet in its own 1X2 room. This was a lot of fun. ^_^

Wow, I've never even thought of building in Sylvan Glade. I must build there now. Also, I didn't even know we could.
  • hipotonixhipotonix Posts: 58 Member
    I've been working on getting into building, so here's my first attempt on a tiny house.

The Exterior:
    tumblr_inline_pod5dfjwtg1s1h2pd_540.png
    tumblr_inline_pod5diw0hX1s1h2pd_540.png
    tumblr_inline_pod5dsbhTN1s1h2pd_540.png

The Interior (Downstairs:
    tumblr_inline_pod5e5Qmin1s1h2pd_540.png
    tumblr_inline_pod5f33m2q1s1h2pd_540.png
    tumblr_inline_pod5fcP2tq1s1h2pd_540.png

The Interior (Upstairs):
    tumblr_inline_pod5fwSfo91s1h2pd_540.png
    tumblr_inline_pod5g2pp9L1s1h2pd_540.png

You can find it in the gallery here!: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/120DE16745EA11E98BA8048C513C46C4?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=MagsIsAwkward&max=50&maxis=false
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    I Lovveeee building and have never tried this, will post once i finish it :D !!
  • IshizusvIshizusv Posts: 16 Member
    Tiny Houses! <3 I can spend hours watching videos of real world tiny houses. The ones I'm seeing here are as awesome as those I watch on videos. So cool~
  • ashleyrosey06ashleyrosey06 Posts: 95 Member
    edited March 2019
    Hi Everyone! I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon, so here is my first attempt at a tiny house! Let me know what you all think.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAB5RqBmf-Y

03-25-19-9-10-36-PM.png
    03-25-19-9-10-46-PM.png
    03-25-19-9-11-29-PM.png
    03-25-19-9-11-53-PM.png
    03-25-19-9-12-23-PM.png
    03-25-19-9-12-52-PM.png
    03-25-19-9-13-04-PM.png
    Post edited by ashleyrosey06 on
    In Simlish, we don't say "I love you." We say "Habadu Bashubi", which roughly translates to "I can't move because there is furniture in my way." I think that's absolutely beautiful.• ORIGIN ID: ashleyrosey06 •Ts2 is superior... change my mind ;)
  • LadyAlexielLadyAlexiel Posts: 123 Member
    I made a small starter cottage with only base game objects, but I'm not sure if it tiny enough.
    oxThRaC.png
    OCciNNB.png
    vMeGeLz.png7A8RO41.png8mhNaMa.png
    To see more of my creations click here.Or you can visit my sims 4 gallery
    HBmnvTh.jpg
  • mrsr99tsomrsr99tso Posts: 219 Member
    Here's my version of a tiny house. It's called Golden Copper Tiny House.

tumblr_pp0riqU9zW1xclvbpo1_540.png
    tumblr_pp0rkpjGdz1xclvbpo1_540.png
    tumblr_pp0rosMrCC1xclvbpo1_540.png
    tumblr_pp0rr1Jkhj1xclvbpo1_540.png
  • snowandbriarsnowandbriar Posts: 45 Member
    edited April 2019
    Hi, I tried making a somewhat stylish yet inexpensive build. It's under $17,000. I didn't put a microwave in since I thought a more health conscious sim would live there. I hope you all enjoy it!☆
    Gallery Name: ∀ A-Frame Tiny House ∀
    Lot Name: Pleasant Point
    Origin ID: IILadyGrayII
    Gallery Link:https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/9C7C190A53F711E984F47E6A61392AEA
    Dimensions: 5x6

Front View
    03-31-19-11-56-03-AM.png

Back View
    03-31-19-11-57-29-AM.png

Side View
    03-31-19-11-58-18-AM.png

Top View
    03-31-19-11-59-15-AM.png
    Some in-game screenshots
    03-31-19-12-20-46-PM.png
    03-31-19-12-14-20-PM.png

Note: Everything works with the exception of the video game console.
    Post edited by snowandbriar on
  • illustratahillustratah Posts: 34 Member
    > @ZKirian said:
    > I've been wanting to build a tiny home forever, but I can't seem to scale things down enough.... of all my builds so far, my lighthouse home is the closest to a tiny home that I've done. :smiley: It's currently decorated for Winter. No CC, but MOO is in place. The lot is on a 30x20 lot d/t the landscaping. Hope you enjoy! I'm going to try and see if I can build a true tiny home next.
    >
    > Gallery Name: Lighthouse Home
    > Gallery ID: ZKirian
    >
    > First floor: master bedroom/living room
    >
    > Second floor: kitchen, bathroom, dining/bar
    >
    > Third Floor: kids/guest beds, bathroom, laundry (under stairs)
    >
    > The top of the lighthouse has some rooftop gardening and painting. (Spoiler)

That's a very interesting a beautifully decorated lighthouse home!
  • CeliaLunCeliaLun Posts: 1 New Member
    > @IILadyGrayII said:
    > Hi, I tried making a somewhat stylish yet inexpensive build. It's under $17,000. I didn't put a microwave in since I thought a more health conscious sim would live there. I hope you all enjoy it!☆
    > Gallery Name: ∀ A-Frame Tiny House ∀
    > Lot Name: Pleasant Point
    > Origin ID: IILadyGrayII
    > Gallery Link:
    > Dimensions: 5x6
    >
    > Front View
    >
    >
    > Back View
    >
    >
    > Side View
    >
    >
    > Top View
    >
    > (Spoiler)
    >
    >
    > Note: Everything works with the exception of the video game console.

This house really looks stylish!