Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 game elements that needs to be reworked

Sims 4 game elements that needs to be reworked.

- Curtains: Their should be separate left and right curtain side. all curtain come in every wall length. you design your rail length by placing rails on the walls and connecting the the rails pieces together. Then you can either place each individual curtain between the connected curtain rail joints or at the end of the curtain rail. Blinds will be added to rails and rails should come in differents e.g straight, diagonal, curved etc.
2eb2a6b211980be2def3ae6bd22b8f15.jpg
L-shape-tulle-lace-curtain-for-balcony.jpg
L-shape-Heavy-beautiful-balcony-curtains-for.jpg_350x350.jpg
Shutters-Bespoke-Square.jpg
5261a1a5097563b314b5e0e8df5627b8.jpg
e53acec0af9eb1ced76cf0fe96d48f16.jpg
61uush1DaKL._SX425_.jpg
918aa3f5cf7c9acfd193ae5c18c57acb.jpg
homey-ideas-elegant-window-curtains-inspiration.jpg
sliding-panel-blinds-vinyl-plantation-shutters-metal-blinds-bamboo-vertical-blinds-bay-window-coverings-elegant-window-treatments-blind-companies.jpg
home-design.jpg
apex-3.jpg
chic-solky-blue-color-curtains-for-arched-windows-black-metal-curved-shape-curtains-rods-brown-colored-sofas-floral-pattern-chaise-with-footstool-fireplace-with-wooden-mantel-curtains-for-arched-wind.jpg
arch-window.jpg
astonishing-bay-window-neil-nicola-curtains-large-shape-pole-over-for-kitchen-narrow-style-and-popular.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=908
golden-brown-long-curtains-with-draper-also-white-blind-on-the-glass-windows-plus-light-brown-sofa-on-the-brown-wooden-flooring.jpg
376ec9b553c534118316a88972b801c3.jpg
5f4e643d02c69945d4e91b5771c3e4cf--arched-window-curtains-arch-windows.jpg
arched-curtain-rod-small-rods-for-doors.jpg
- Windows: Being able to change the colour of any window and being able to turn any window into a stain glass window the same with light their should be a filter that allows you to change the window inside design and colour.
ajZO8ri.png
Untitled-3_9.jpg
light1.jpg
MTS_Simmiller-1742337-ARSGSWCOLOURS.jpg
MTS_mojo007-1517502-03-30-15_10-48PM.jpg
MTS_mojo007-1521686-04-13-15_11-13AM.jpg
- Half walls: Being able to turn half walls into mini room so they can be made into split levels.
MTS_KomodoJo-358964-Screenshot.JPG
hqdefault.jpg
MTS_NaMo_Design-1196916-Screenshot-12.jpg
- Flooring: Being able to add flooring separately to any floor level.
- Wall trims and friezes: they should be added separately instead of to a room so they don't snap in places you dont want them.
- Window seats: being able to create you own window seat by connecting sectional couch seats (two or more couch pieces connected you can lay on)
12-19-16_10-39-12c2a0pm.png
12-19-16_10-35-20c2a0pm.png
MTS_AdonisPluto-1532944-sec5.jpg
MTS_AdonisPluto-1532951-sec12.jpg
MTS_AdonisPluto-1532947-sec9.jpg
40335537321_3138ceef2d.jpg (similiar concept)
TdPd6fg.png
12-19-16_10-33-24c2a0pm.png
1224-670x377.jpg
- Stairs/Lifts: A staircase system where you choose the types of step elevation you want; L shape, spiral, ladder, escalators, that will adjust height also by wall height. For foundation steps you can add ramps (and slides create your own slide would be cool).
Stairs corner edges will connect and bottom of the shape size can be for each step but the corresponding after size has to be of a shorter length
Elevators/lifts will go by height of each floor. Wherever you place your lift is ground floor id the elevator will automatically have a corresponding lift at the the top floor or lift will only go up three floors and will stop on each floor. Lift can only hold a capacity of 5 Sims to and can be a new woohoo location.
w-276h-220-1021452.jpg
MTS_marvine-622163-stairsrailing.JPG
My+Sims+3+Blog+-+1331955704-2202754641_n.jpg
Screenshot-7.jpg
curved-stairs-spiral-stairs-sims-4-download.jpg
w-570h-428-1956641.jpg
1BNfODv.jpg
MTS_misukisu-1249886-Ladder.jpg
MTS_Targa-142712-ladder3.jpg
MTS_marvine-582147-8ladders.jpg

I believe these elements will revitalize the game.
:)

Comments

• Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited November 2018
    I love your ideas for curtains. I have been using modular curtain cc since as far back as the original game. It's a pity that the idea hasn't been officially adopted by series.

ETA: It would be especially nice if curtains/blinds didn't always snap to windows. It would have been much more liberating to be able to place the window treatments as I like, without the game constantly telling me, "No, it should go here!"

It's hard to believe that TS4 is already in its fifth year and there are still no spiral staircases or sectional seating. It has been difficult to adjust to EA's new philosophy regarding the timing and release of content. It has been very difficult indeed.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    beargunnbeargunn Posts: 1 New Member
    There are some aspects of Sims I would love to get updates for and new expansions for. While the game is overall very well put together, I feel it is missing components that would highly improve the game play

1. Sleeping with and bathing pets
    While I love the pets expansion pack in the Sims 4, I feel it doesn't quite compare to that of the Sims 3. Being able to bathe small pets in a sink would make the game more realistic, not to mention easier in apartment settings. Similarly, being able to sleep with pets together in a bed, like in Sims 3, would make the game much more realistic for pet lovers and overall more fun. I would love to see these details in the future gameplay.

2. Sitting on couches
    Sims don't seem to be able to really relax! When a Sim sits on a lounge chair or couch, they always sit so stiffly. I believe adding an option to lounge on a lounge chair would be great content to add in a future update. The little humanistic details are what makes the Sims so amazing to play. This is another detail that would be great to add!

3. Up-to-date items
    There are a large variety of items and stuff packs available in the Sims 4, however, I feel as if there are items lacking. Furniture items and character items, especially for teens, are lacking in the current fashion trends. I realize the Sims is developed by relatively middle-aged people, but I'm still disappointed in the amount of item content directed toward the youth. There aren't very many items that coincide with the current fashion trends, which makes the game seem quite dull and out-of-date. I would love to see a stuff pack that offers some up-to-date items on the current trends popular with younger people. I for one think Urban Outfitters carries items that would be a wonderful example for a stuff packs to be based on, both furniture items and character items. Adding this content would attract more of the younger audience (teenagers), and would make the gameplay less tiresome.

I feel adding these aspects to the game would make gameplay much more enjoyable, and much more realistic. I would love to see this content added in the near future!
  • Options
    SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    I would really like to have these too. More versatility with curtains would be awesome. I still live in hope we get sectionals, both for dining and as couches. Yes to all the different types of stairs, and ladders. Fingers crossed for true split level homes. Here's hoping for a pond tool too.
  • Options
    ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    That's amazing!
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    All of these would be great and open up so many building possibilities.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    loved it!
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Great ideas!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    SaldukeleSaldukele Posts: 29 Member
    These are all great ideas, especially the stairs and split level housing, that would definitely improve the building possibilities and make houses much nicer. I really miss spiral stairs specially in smaller homes, cause they take up less floor space. I would also like to see more color options for all the items, ideally the color mixer, that you can create your own. That especially goes for two color hair styles.
  • Options
    IrezawaIrezawa Posts: 6 New Member
    I'd love to see ladders, spiral stairs and such in game. Every now and then (like right now, for an instance) I like to design mini houses and it's pretty difficult if you want two floors because straight stairs take at least five squares.

Also I'd like to see doors work like they really do, opening in only one direction so they'd reserve space only on one side. Oh, and sliding doors! And doorway arches shouldn't take space like doors. I mean come on, they're just holes in the wall!
  • Options
    NoName123NoName123 Posts: 25 Member
    edited April 2019
    I wish the plasma alternatives my vampire sims drank were a little more fulfilling. The Plasma fruit and Plasma Janes hardly put a dent on their hunger bar. I would also like to be able to play or read a book to multiple toddlers/children instead of one at a time. Having more kids clubs or classes to work on a kids skill set. Sliding doors and bunk beds would also be very cool. Or spaces that are specifically for children. Computer passwords to keep random strangers from walking into your house and going straight on your computer.

I also wonder if something like the picture below could be viable for kids.

d50bb37f9ff57d09f4a3c798e79e9633.jpg?b=t

• Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    I'd like it if they made it possible to set a kitchen sink the same way we claim a bed. I'm tired of my sims walking into the toilet to wash dishes -.-
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i think they need to rework the washer dryers in sims 4 to incluide some top load washers sure the frontload is a great idea but sometime i would like something a bit more retro like these sets with the colors as well

2zs38kx%201_zpss2liqeye.png

20h7b85%201_zpstldxzqfi.jpg

a2ge29_zps9y0mybdy.jpg

s1i1b9_zpsz3oklcyj.jpg
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(