Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Keyboard and mouse support for PS4

Pretty, pretty please!! I was excited to hear about being able to adjust the curse in the latest patch, but the console controls still leave me wishing this feature was supported.

I have had numerous times where the UI (either using the analogue sticks or the d pad) will not scroll thru a sub menu and forces me to back out again and again. Honestly, keyboard and mouse support would be such a welcome feature as it would provide console users with the same precision PC users enjoy if that is what they are looking for. Anyone who enjoys the console/controller controllers would be able to play the game their way as well.

It provides a great access point to families and low income people who maybe cannot afford to keep a desktop PC up and running year after year but they could still enjoy the family friendly fun of the SIMs. Which let's be honest, finding family friendly games for next gen consoles is a bit tricky especially for families looking for physical disk games vs PSN titles.

Comments

• ericadownerxoericadownerxo Posts: 10 New Member
    Hi, I was told to post here by an EA advisor, he made notes on his end but said to post here for the sims team as well. I've been a long supporter of sims since 2000. I recently have bought more expansion packs for sims 4 PC but my computer/2 different laptops cannot handle it and crashes which is fine, I know I need higher SPECS. I purchased sims 4 for console (4 months ago), which let me say is frankly unplayable. It takes 5 minutes to do what would take 30 seconds on PC. the controls are impossible and super frustrating. I feel like if you implement keyboard and mouse for your game on PS4 everyone would benefit. As a long time sims player for the last 18 years, using the ps4 controls are impossible, and makes the game unplayable. PS4 already supports mouse and keyboard as I have used it on the console, but when opening sims 4 it doesn't work anymore. Please add keyboard and mouse support, If you do I can certainly say I'll be buying the expansions on PS4 because I've been dying to play them! Since my computer can't handle it anymore its so annoying not being able to play, and on ps4 the controls are so bad I don't even want to play. Please fix this and add mouse and keyboard for ps4!
  • Biggy2k4Biggy2k4 Posts: 2 New Member
    The dualshock 4 has a keyboard attachment. Look on Amazon and eBay.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Biggy2k4 wrote: »
    The dualshock 4 has a keyboard attachment. Look on Amazon and eBay.

Oh i've seen those, i wanted to get one
  • DeepFriedKawaiiDeepFriedKawaii Posts: 1 New Member
    Has anyone figured out how to use a keyboard and mouse for the sims 4? I don't own a computer but I used to always play on mine at home before I moved out -_-. Now the PS4 is great and the graphics are beautiful, but the controls drive me crazy. I would really love if someone could fix this.
  • ps4simsupplyps4simsupply Posts: 1 New Member
    Really hope the ps4 get keyboard and mouse support it would honestly make me play the game a lot more.
  • Pollyb007Pollyb007 Posts: 1 New Member
    So I just went out and bought a kb and m for my console, only to find out it doesn’t work for sims! This is crazy it was a pc game before anything else so why on earth would you not make the game capable of supporting them?? Please please bring out a patch, otherwise I’m going to have to sell my game! It’s basically unplayable with the controller
  • SereneMaSereneMa Posts: 2 New Member
    Pls we all need this~~~ else i believe many of us may sell it eventually :( please please help~
  • MrnogoodMrnogood Posts: 1 New Member
    This game needs mouse and keyboard support, just the navigating CAS is a headache that i just want to be over which makes it difficult when trying to put effeort into every detail of your sim. It has ended up stifiling my creativing just because the controls are so clunky that i cant execute my ideas fast enough and i end up forgetting my original intentions.
  • SereneMaSereneMa Posts: 2 New Member
    Im still waiting the good new, really very tiring using the PS4 controller for hours :( if able to use mouse i will buy packs immediately :smiley:
  • xtylesxtyles Posts: 2 New Member
    Yessssssssss ! I’m glad to hear I’m not alone in this. I can’t afford a computer so I bought it for console. I love the sims very much, but unfortunately it’s not an enjoyable experience with a controller. By adding mouse and keyboard support , I’ll enjoy the game 100x more than I already do despite the controller.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    Y'all do know their working on adding keyboard and mouse support to the consoles for TS4 don't you?
  • yuossef_manyuossef_man Posts: 1 New Member
    Do new news about support for mouse and keyboard
  • SousChefSanjiSousChefSanji Posts: 3 New Member
    Can't wait for keyboard support!
  • Wee_PoppetWee_Poppet Posts: 2 New Member
    Still no news on the keyboard/mouse support? I'm getting better at using the PS4 controller, but it's gruelling trying to do any fiddly work re: building or fine-tuning Sims! I'm so enjoying playing the game again, but will always prefer a keyboard and mouse over the controller!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    I think there were objections from players of other games that keyboard and mouse gave their users an unfair advantage. Doesn't say much for consoles does it? I couldn't see anything on the xbox site yet.
  • qwertyueqwertyue Posts: 5 New Member
    Basic Keyboard and Mouse support for Sims 4. This would make the game much more enjoyable.
  • Topher8907Topher8907 Posts: 10 New Member
    I have used a keyboard with this game and it works with my ps4. Also you can connect the ps4 phone companion app to it and use that for text as well. Anytime a textbox comes up I've been able to use my app or keyboard. Haven't been able to get a mouse to work yet though, that would be awesome if we for mouse support.
  • qwertyueqwertyue Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Topher8907 said:
    > I have used a keyboard with this game and it works with my ps4. Also you can connect the ps4 phone companion app to it and use that for text as well. Anytime a textbox comes up I've been able to use my app or keyboard. Haven't been able to get a mouse to work yet though, that would be awesome if we for mouse support.

Yes, keyboard can be used for typing in text-boxes, but the PC keyboard controls are much more advanced and allows for shortcuts to different menus, game speed and similar. Sadly you won't be able to make a mouse work with sims until they release a patch. You would have to cash out a lot of money for something like a xim4, though it shouldn't have to come to this.
  • Topher8907Topher8907 Posts: 10 New Member
    I mean I've played on pc and on console and even though I started on pc console controller is so much better in fact I'd rather use it on a pc. Bringing keyboard support in the sense that it adds easier controls seems silly, the console controller in my opinion is lighting times quicker. Even if I've memorized my keyboard, the chances of me hitting the wrong quick key is still larger and would be a lot more annoying. I'll stick to the controller.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top