Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Has Your StrangerVille Hero Been Living?

ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
My guy solved the mystery as a teenager. Now he's a young adult living in that trailer in StrangerVille. I fixed it up a bit. He has an outdoor bathroom which is pretty epic and not like anything I would usually make. Oh, and he also has a hyperbaric chamber in his basement because the mystery left him paranoid lol. He survives thanks to his one money tree. How's your hero living?

Screenshot-5.png
Screenshot-7.png
Screenshot-8.png

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Well, mine still leads normal lives...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    edited March 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    LOW wrote: »
    Nice, did you do anything different with the inside of the trailer?

Thanks! And yea I did a lil sum sum

Screenshot-10.png
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Well, mine still leads normal lives...

Sheeeesh that's cold lol

I was thinking of making my guy an archaeologist... until I remembered about the money trees!
  • zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    Mine ended up moving in with one of the scientists to Brindleton Bay, she works in the military still. He ended up winning the lottery lol, they have a cat and a dog, and a baby on the way - so a pretty mundane life hahaha
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Mine is a teen, so he's still living with his mom and stepdad in San Myshuno. When he ages up I'm going to give him the Paranoid trait and move him to the island in Windenburg. He doesn't really want to go back to StrangerVille because his friend died there.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    When I first started this map I basically did the same thing and moved into the lot shown above, but if u open the map you'll see an empty lot on top of a hill. That is an aaaaaaaaaaaaaamazing lot with a great great view. Plus lots of room to expand, I started by putting down a trailer but slowly been building up capital to build a lot/er buy a bigger lot I plan to replace it with. Regardless check out that lot, its awesome.
  • CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    My Strangerville hero lives in a small cramp apartment with her husband (Erwin Pries), their cat, and their dog. I haven't played my game in a while but last I remember she was about to be an adult and tried for a baby!
    ZnG1wMG.png
    citysimmer wrote: »
    Mine is a teen, so he's still living with his mom and stepdad in San Myshuno. When he ages up I'm going to give him the Paranoid trait and move him to the island in Windenburg. He doesn't really want to go back to StrangerVille because his friend died there.

Makes sense. My player’s uncle died doing the mission so that’s why he picked it up. He had an autograph from him on his wall. After the mystery was solved, he sold it for like $64k haha
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    When I first started this map I basically did the same thing and moved into the lot shown above, but if u open the map you'll see an empty lot on top of a hill. That is an aaaaaaaaaaaaaamazing lot with a great great view. Plus lots of room to expand, I started by putting down a trailer but slowly been building up capital to build a lot/er buy a bigger lot I plan to replace it with. Regardless check out that lot, its awesome.

The first thing I did when he moved into the trailer was buy a gold toilet lol but then I figured that was kinda crazy. But I’m into the simple trailer life. I’ve been considering cloning the trailer and putting it in other spots around the world. I’ll check into that lot too!
    Cogshell wrote: »
    My Strangerville hero lives in a small cramp apartment with her husband (Erwin Pries), their cat, and their dog. I haven't played my game in a while but last I remember she was about to be an adult and tried for a baby!

I read that after you finish the mission you can wake up mother and she’ll give you money. I’ve considered doing that. Did you?
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited March 2019
    My Hero's life didn't change much at first other than promotions in the military. He's now the first step above Grand Marshall, whatever that would be. I think he's still a Grand Marshall, just making more money. He started out in the Itty Bitty Bunker I have on the gallery, but it's been updated a little since then. Mostly just upgraded objects and an added listening device but it's in household inventory now. I put a desk and laptop in it's place, added a bedroom with a full size bed, so he's not sleeping on a cot under the stairs anymore and I added a work out area for his sparring dummy next to the storage unit upstairs.

The biggest change is that now he has a live-in girlfriend he met at the bar. He's a writer also and has been writing novels about his life before and after becoming the Hero of Strangerville, so he has a nice bundle in household finances from the royalties. The couple will be moving to one of the open lots in Shady Acres soon. Ridge is still paranoid, so he'll be keeping his bunker under the new house so he has somewhere to go whenever he starts to feel unsafe. lol

I've had thoughts on having him revive the Mother since he was disappointed in the 'gifts' fans have been sending him and felt a little unappreciated. The free food and drinks at the bar are nice, but, really? That's it? o.O lol Right now he's high on love and that doesn't really matter to him, but who knows what will happen as time goes on. :)

I don't have any screenshots of just his bunker as it is now, but I can take some if you'd like to take a look? Let me know. BTW, I really like what you've done with that lot for your Hero. It's fun how it still looks so unassuming on the outside with all that luxury on the inside. Very cool! <3
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    My Hero's life didn't change much at first other than promotions in the military. He's now the first step above Grand Marshall, whatever that would be. I think he's still a Grand Marshall, just making more money. He started out in the Itty Bitty Bunker I have on the gallery, but it's been updated a little since then. Mostly just upgraded objects and an added listening device but it's in household inventory now. I put a desk and laptop in it's place, added a bedroom with a full size bed, so he's not sleeping on a cot under the stairs anymore and I added a work out area for his sparring dummy next to the storage unit upstairs.

The biggest change is that now he has a live-in girlfriend he met at the bar. He's a writer also and has been writing novels about his life before and after becoming the Hero of Strangerville, so he has a nice bundle in household finances from the royalties. The couple will be moving to one of the open lots in Shady Acres soon. Ridge is still paranoid, so he'll be keeping his bunker under the new house so he has somewhere to go whenever he starts to feel unsafe. lol

I've had thoughts on having him revive the Mother since he was disappointed in the 'gifts' fans have been sending him and felt a little unappreciated. The free food and drinks at the bar are nice, but, really? That's it? o.O lol Right now he's high on love and that doesn't really matter to him, but who knows what will happen as time goes on. :)

I don't have any screenshots of just his bunker as it is now, but I can take some if you'd like to take a look? Let me know. BTW, I really like what you've done with that lot for your Hero. It's fun how it still looks so unassuming on the outside with all that luxury on the inside. Very cool! <3

Thanks! I dialed it back some lol he had a lot of gold fixtures and a couple plasma screens at first.

And yea I wanna see the bunker!
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    edited March 2019
    My hero was an author that moved to StrangerVille for inspiration for her latest novel, she didn't expect what she found. She solved the mystery, saved the town and decided to stay. Married a scientist from the lab and had a couple of kids. One of those kids grew up and became a scientist, he went a little mad and after his mother died decided to learn more about what made her a hero.
    He became possessed and was lured to the lab where he began the whole thing again. His mother would be so proud...
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
    simm621 wrote: »
    My hero was an author that moved to StrangerVille for inspiration for her latest novel, she didn't expect what she found. She solved the mystery, saved the town and decided to stay. Married a scientist from the lab and had a couple of kids. One of those kids grew up and became a scientist, he went a little mad and after his mother died decided to learn more about what made her a hero.
    He became possessed and was lured to the lab where he began the whole thing again. His mother would be so proud...

Love it!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't have one yet. It's still in my plans to play through StrangerVille. I love the little trailer though, I think I will have my sim move there too when I make one for my play through.
  • MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    My hero used to live in the little trailer. I don't know if it comes from winning the fight with the Mother, but she didn't receive any bills by the mail, and she never had to pay for drinks and food at the bar, neither at the restaurant I have installed in the upper village. She has a lot of rewards traits, so I wonder if it the same for your heros ?

When I decided to move for a larger house, she starded to receive bills again, but the food and drinks at the bar are still free, and the restaurant too. As a mattering fact, everything seems to be free for her now at Strangeville, except for a new house.

I wonder if it's a bug or what ?
    edited March 2019
    Melpomena wrote: »
    My hero used to live in the little trailer. I don't know if it comes from winning the fight with the Mother, but she didn't receive any bills by the mail, and she never had to pay for drinks and food at the bar, neither at the restaurant I have installed in the upper village. She has a lot of rewards traits, so I wonder if it the same for your heros ?

When I decided to move for a larger house, she starded to receive bills again, but the food and drinks at the bar are still free, and the restaurant too. As a mattering fact, everything seems to be free for her now at Strangeville, except for a new house.

I wonder if it's a bug or what ?

I've never sent my guy out on the town so I'm not sure if food and drinks would be free or not. I'll have to experiment. He does still get household bills, though. What you have going on kinda sounds like one of the fame perks from Get Famous. One of them makes services and food free like that. Idk if that's the case for you but that's what it reminded me of.
  • VanderhootVanderhoot Posts: 192 Member
    Once I complete my aspiration (probably tomorrow) I think I will do a Get Famous storyline with him.
    7He4osW.png?1
    Check out my 1920s homes on the gallery: Vanderhoot13
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited April 2019
    Mine lost her job the next day after defeating the mother. She had been too busy with the mystery. And she had a kid accidentally and her two housemates leaved her behind right before the final battle. So she had no income, a single mum with a toddler. Oh and two pets too.

edit: leaved? :D Yes! Leaved!
    Post edited by Simpkin on
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    edited March 2019
    @Chazzzy Fame is off into my game, but she has a very good reputation, she's an angel. May be that's why she gets all for free. I thought it could be a reward for fighting the Mother. Well, guess it's not. Thanks for your help.
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Mine lost her job the next day after defeating the mother. She had been too busy with the mystery. And she had a kid accidentally and her two housemates leaved her behind right before the final battle. So she had no income, a single mum with a toddler. Oh and two pets too.

Lol the first time I tried the mission, I had my guy use up all of his vacation days, and then of course he died smh
    edited March 2019
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Thanks! I dialed it back some lol he had a lot of gold fixtures and a couple plasma screens at first.

Hey, he's a Hero, I don't blame you for wanting him to have expensive things. lol He deserves it after what he did! ;) Anyway, here's Ridge & Jessie's current Bunker. Thanks for asking to see it! :) It's not very big or fancy. Until Jessie came on the scene, it was/is a typical paranoid military man's bachelor pad. It's quite spartan really, very clean, green and neat with not a lot of clutter. Ridge doesn't care for that, he likes things to be efficient. There is a few splashes of color here and there, but they were mostly Jessie's idea.

I put them in a spoiler, but there's only 8 screenshots.
    What it looks like on the outside. There's a basketball hoop on one side and out back is a central air/heating unit and the trash can. The fenced in area usually contains his 'souvenir' from winning the battle against the Mother. But I put it in household inventory for the screenshot since it's a bit of a spoiler for those who haven't played through the story yet.
    RMxR82G.png

Ground floor with his sparring dummy and the storage area
    kWdogmh.png

Basement living area
    FfBojjo.png

A closer look at the kitchen/livingroom area. Nevermind Jessie sniffing her food. Even if the stuff in that bowl was spoiled she'd still be doing that. She's a glutton. o.O lol
    la7wwQb.png

The rest of the livingroom area. Ridge slept on a cot under those stairs in the past. But he built a bedroom through that door just for Jessie. Well...himself too. Kind of hard for two people to sleep on a single cot let alone anything else. lol
    QGueFzU.png

And here's the bedroom. Just a bed, dresser, his medals and a few pics. Jessie brightened it up a bit with the orange pillowcases and the rug. Sorry I couldn't get a better shot of it, it's so small. Ridge could've made every room bigger, he has the cash. But they're moving soon so he didn't see the point.
    dmXAcYa.png

Jessie's new desk sits where the listening device used to be. He also got her the blue/green armadillo and the laptop because he knows she loves the color blue. Notice the desk light is still green though? He couldn't help himself. :p
    Z0XySgb.png

Across the way is the sink area and that door leads to the bathroom.
    TythzLB.png

And lastly, the teeny, tiny bathroom. Just ignore the naked hunk taking a shower... if you can. lol The wall with the door wasn't there before and all he had was a shower and toilet on one wall. So the bathroom used to be even tinier. But he enclosed it and got the tub/shower combo for Jessie.
    5agpze9.png

So there ya go, that's it. Not all that exciting, but I like it. It'll be nice being above ground again though. I love the Shady Acres area, the views are just incredible up there. Jessie's excited too since she loves the outdoors and loves fishing. There's a pond nearby as well. Ridge just wants to make her happy because that makes him happy. The guy is goofy in love with her. <3 And he'll still have his bunker so it's all good. :)

Happy Simming Y'all!
    edited March 2019
    Karababy52 wrote: »

Hey, he's a Hero, I don't blame you for wanting him to have expensive things. lol He deserves it after what he did! ;) Anyway, here's Ridge & Jessie's current Bunker. Thanks for asking to see it! :) It's not very big or fancy. Until Jessie came on the scene, it was/is a typical paranoid military man's bachelor pad. It's quite spartan really, very clean, green and neat with not a lot of clutter. Ridge doesn't care for that, he likes things to be efficient. There is a few splashes of color here and there, but they were mostly Jessie's idea.

I put them in a spoiler, but there's only 8 screenshots.
    What it looks like on the outside. There's a basketball hoop on one side and out back is a central air/heating unit and the trash can. The fenced in area usually contains his 'souvenir' from winning the battle against the Mother. But I put it in household inventory for the screenshot since it's a bit of a spoiler for those who haven't played through the story yet.
    RMxR82G.png

Ground floor with his sparring dummy and the storage area
    kWdogmh.png

Basement living area
    FfBojjo.png

A closer look at the kitchen/livingroom area. Nevermind Jessie sniffing her food. Even if the stuff in that bowl was spoiled she'd still be doing that. She's a glutton. o.O lol
    la7wwQb.png

The rest of the livingroom area. Ridge slept on a cot under those stairs in the past. But he built a bedroom through that door just for Jessie. Well...himself too. Kind of hard for two people to sleep on a single cot let alone anything else. lol
    QGueFzU.png

And here's the bedroom. Just a bed, dresser, his medals and a few pics. Jessie brightened it up a bit with the orange pillowcases and the rug. Sorry I couldn't get a better shot of it, it's so small. Ridge could've made every room bigger, he has the cash. But they're moving soon so he didn't see the point.
    dmXAcYa.png

Jessie's new desk sits where the listening device used to be. He also got her the blue/green armadillo and the laptop because he knows she loves the color blue. Notice the desk light is still green though? He couldn't help himself. :p
    Z0XySgb.png

Across the way is the sink area and that door leads to the bathroom.
    TythzLB.png

And lastly, the teeny, tiny bathroom. Just ignore the naked hunk taking a shower... if you can. lol
    5agpze9.png

So there ya go, that's it. Not all that exciting, but I like it. It'll be nice being above ground again though. I love the Shady Acres area, the views are just incredible up there. Jessie's excited too since she loves the outdoors and loves fishing. There's a pond nearby as well. Ridge just wants to make her happy because that makes him happy. The guy is goofy in love with her. <3 And he'll still have his bunker so it's all good. :)

Happy Simming Y'all!

Looks great! I really like the aesthetic. I could see having a place like this for a military person too. I’m inspired!

And I was just wondering earlier today if there was a spot for fishing out in StrangerVille so thanks for letting me know.
    Looks great! I really like the aesthetic. I could see having a place like this for a military person too. I’m inspired!

And I was just wondering earlier today if there was a spot for fishing out in StrangerVille so thanks for letting me know.

Thank you and you're welcome! I'm happy there's a fishing spot too! It would be cool if one was included down in the valley as well, but no worries. :)