Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Edit Replies or Post etc.

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
The gear isn't working, can't click on it to edit or do anything else in a topic.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey @Cinebar - thanks for reporting this!

Are you using the desktop or mobile version of the website? Are you using IE11 as last time I asked?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Still using desktop and IE 11. Can't click on the gear but if it should work it takes me to profile instead of offering any other options.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    I can't seem to like posts or give them awesome or insightful
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    I too went and checked my IE and sure enough, the edit option doesn't come up. Granted that I use Google to view the site with on my PC and tablet but there are times when I still use IE. Like the other day when I tried to check out the Daily Deals on the old site from my Google browser, I got Liam'ed (meaning the site told me it was down for maintenance), but when I went to IE, I was able to view the DD page.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I cannot follow notifications or give likes or awesomes :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Thanks everyone! We are looking into this! If you can use another browser in the meantime, I'd recommend doing that.

@king_of_simcity7 Alternatively, you can access your notifications from your profile page (or clicking here):
    daxgt5dc3xc5.png
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    I too went and checked my IE and sure enough, the edit option doesn't come up. Granted that I use Google to view the site with on my PC and tablet but there are times when I still use IE. Like the other day when I tried to check out the Daily Deals on the old site from my Google browser, I got Liam'ed (meaning the site told me it was down for maintenance), but when I went to IE, I was able to view the DD page.

I also can't flag and when I hit notifications it takes me to my page. The only thing I can do is click topics and maybe quote for reference.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    I have the same problem on ipad. It works on desktop though.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
    Thanks both for the extra details!
    Hejix wrote: »
    I have the same problem on ipad. It works on desktop though.
    What browser are you using on your iPad, @Hejix? Safari? Also, would you know which version of iOS do you have installed in your iPad?
    I use safari.
    Version 9.3.5
    edited March 2019
    Thanks @Hejix! That version is a bit old - I'm guessing your iPad doesn't allow updating iOS anymore? :(

In any case, do you remember when was the last time it worked as usual for you on that iPad?
    I am trying Chrome and everything is working fine and so is my mobile but the Internet Explorer is still glitchy
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @EA_Mai I also could not log out of my profile on Explorer
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I think I could distribute likes correctly last week.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    How come I cannot click on Options to edit my comment. I use to be able to
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited March 2019
    What kind of device are you on? I can't edit comments using my surface go tablet (Windows S operating system) but my android phone and desktop have no problem.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    edited March 2019
    @EA_Mai My tablet using the Microsoft Edge browser doesn't let me edit post on this site. (Windows 10 S operating system)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited March 2019
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    @EA_Mai My tablet using the Microsoft Edge browser doesn't let me edit post on this site. (Windows 10 S operating system)

@SimplyJen I use Windows 10 on my PC and haven't had this problem today and am editing posts quite a lot. Do you still have the problem? I've got the latest Insider update though. Edited to say I got that on the 13th March.
    edited March 2019
    Simburian wrote: »
    SimplyJen wrote: »

@SimplyJen I use Windows 10 on my PC and haven't had this problem today and am editing posts quite a lot. Do you still have the problem? I've got the latest Insider update though.
    My desktop using Windows 10 is fine. So is my android phone. It's just my tablet using Windows 10 S (not quite the same as Windows 10). Your desktop is most likely using Windows 10, not in S mode.

I'm thinking it has to do with this forum on certain platforms and/or a combination of browsers. I wanted to alert EA_Mai so she can forward my information to those in charge.

• nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Has something changed on this forum? I have to go into my profile now to see the notifications, then click on notifications which puts me back out to the actual post. Is this supposed to be right?
    Same thing happened a month or so ago, so it's not actually fixed I guess if it keeps happening.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    I also have this problem. I have posted it to my activity. Here's what I've posted with comments describing my problem more.
    Hello. I have a JavaScript problem in this forums. Every time I try to bookmark a discussion or react to comment, I get thrown to an error page saying that JavaScript isn't enabled. Other pages seem to work fine, but not this.
    I also cannot edit my posts. Can anyone help me?
    Also worth mentioning. When I click on bookmark, inbox, or notifications buttons, it doesn't open a list and instead takes me to that page.
    I use Internet Explorer when using these forums. I'll see if I run into same problems in different browsers.
    It works fine on other browsers.

I also took a look at how to enable JavaScript, but it still kept happening.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    edited March 2019
    There doesn't seem to be a problem in Chrome or Safari on my Mac. I'll log into my Windows partition and see what works there. The problem could be specific to Windows browsers. Not that I'd have a solution, but it might help the people looking into it.
    Edit: So, I logged into Windows on my machine and on my son's machine, used IE and could access the forums, but wasn't able to like, post, or edit. I kept getting an error. Chrome still worked fine.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited March 2019
    Help from Microsoft 11th March 2019
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026254/internet-explorer-has-stopped-working

If you can't open Internet Explorer, if it freezes, or if it opens briefly and then closes, the problem might be caused by low memory or damaged system files. Try this:
    Open Internet Explorer and select Tools > Internet options.
    Select the Advanced tab, and then select Reset.
    In the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box, select Reset.
    When Internet Explorer finishes applying the default settings, select Close > OK.
    Restart your PC to apply the changes.

I think they want IE to have problems. They must have messed about with it in the last month. I've given up using it myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top