Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

~ Hi, I need help! What internet provider do U use? (ours is letting us down)

~ Looking for any recommendations on a good NBN server in Australia, I am paying extra for the higher speed & it is worse than before NBN (trouble watching YouTube or Twitch!) Slow loading & the like,so please help with what you can recommend! ;)
Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
Gallery Link-aussiekarima

Comments

• sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    I've always used Telstra. Am on standard NBN speed but have no problems with download speeds, watching Foxtel on my pc or You Tuber's etc.
  • here4snackshere4snacks Posts: 54 Member
    edited March 2019
    unfortunately I now live up a mountain and telstra is the only option (*chucks a internal tanty*)however when I was living in melbourne I was using internode (which I think iinet own now) and they are amazing! Well they used* to be when I was using them. It was the best, especially if you have family members who are gaming + streaming at the same time. Loved their support and their products. Never had a problem.

I've also heard great things about iinet.

*Disclaimer: That was a few years ago now, over 6 years, unsure how they are now.... yes feel sorry for me, telstra for 6 years *shudder*
    G6QEt5g.png
  • WollybuttWollybutt Posts: 13 New Member
    I use iprimus and they are pretty good, and their customer service is awesome.
  • aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ Thanks for the recommendations, my Son does live streaming, & the internet was just about none existent so complained to the company I go through for the NBN, they got onto NBN Australia, & we ended up with no Phone (which was OK, as using the home Phone was no good, could only here static,& small bits of the convo!) & no internet, which at the time was OK by me as my PC was out for the count) it fried with the heat on CHRISTmas day, (my Video card over heated!) So ended up with no PC to use the internet for, so my very slow & very old Laptop was used just so I could watch Netflix, & read what everyone was saying (as my internet speeds were so slow,leaving a message was just about none existent!) so I am sure I was cursed a few times as the NBN was switched off to repair it for our area, it was off for just under 3 weeks! But the repair did the trick, & I notice it even more on my upgraded (new) PC! Every thing is super fast now, & I can actually hear what people are saying on the home phone!LOL!
    ~ So Thanks Peeps♥ <3
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima