Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are sims left handed or right handed?

Silly question but just curious. It is something I have never paid attention and cant right now as I'm in the hospital with pneumonia.

Anyone know ? :)
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I wish you a speedy recovery!

Sims can be both. I believe it’s a hidden trait and it’s selected at random.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    Too bad it's hidden and we can't set this trait ourselves. It would have been a nice touch.

Get well soon.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    The Show Sim Info mod, if you are unopposed to modding, will allow you to view hidden traits along with a lot of other information about any sim.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    So sorry to hear you're ill, I wish you good health and a fast recovery.

I keep forgetting to pay attention to my Sims' preferred hand use, but I also wish it could be changed by the player if we wanted to. I do have certain Sims in my game who are modeled after specific characters or people and some of them are left-handed.
    #Team Occult
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited March 2019
    My main sim is a lefty like me, while his partner is right-handed like most sims. I first noticed him using his left hand when he had a drink and later picked up a serving of food, but I believe left-handed sims also use their left hand when cooking and possibly painting? He seems to hold sparklers in his left hand too. It's a nice touch, although it is a pity we can't just choose it in CAS.

There's also a cheat if you want to make your sim left-handed:

|traits.remove_trait trait_handedness_right

then

|traits.equip_trait trait_handedness_left

I hope you feel better soon. :)
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    you can see which sims are which either by watching them do certain actions (like eating) or using a mod like mccc or showsiminfo (i use the latter) to show hidden traits

and then anna above shows how you can swap between the two if you want a specific sim to have a specific handedness
  • MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    The painter's animation is always left-handed in my game. Is it the same in yours ?
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I am sorry to hear you are feeling poorly @hunniboo1. I hope you feel better and are playing again soon.
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    It's a hidden trait for certain animations, like which hand they hold a fork or something, something you see only if you pay really close attention to them.

There's cheats for them
    traits.remove_trait trait_handedness_right
    traits.equip_trait trait_handedness_left
    caitytrina.png
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I'd never really thought about this, or noticed it. I'm struck sometimes by the level of detail in this game and the things I keep discovering! Very cool <3