Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else have this problem?

veronica55veronica55 Posts: 106 Member
These 2 big parks in Willow Creek and in Oasis Springs look off the boundaries of their lot on the map view and it kind of irritates me. It's not something that affects the gameplay obviously but just I don't like seeing that. It's been like that since forever and I wonder if it will ever be fixed...
Here for more clear image.

34xmem9.jpg

2qmnr7s.jpg
Post edited by veronica55 on

Comments

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Hm? They look fine to me.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I'm.... not sure I'm following. What's wrong with them?
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    edited March 2019
    @veronica55 I have this in my game also. It used to drive me crazy but I no longer notice it much.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I think I see what you mean but those trees might not be part of the lot, just beside and it making it look as if the parks went over the edge.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Ok guys, look really careful. The whole lot, looks shifted a few squares outside the white line for both parks. Do you see the big green tree on the left of willow creek park? It's outside the white line, and the tree on the right is cut partially. The building is also pushed far too backwards.

The oasis spring park is hard to notice but that's shifted as well, look at the tree on the left, it's outside too. And the upper trees on the right are way too inwards.

I will show you another version of my Willow creek park, which is more full of stuff which makes the case more obvious:
    n6z81x.jpg

Look everything is shifted. The whole lot with it's contents are pushed towards upper left and lower left.
  • Options
    veronica55 wrote: »
    Ok guys, look really careful. The whole lot, looks shifted a few squares outside the white line for both parks. Do you see the big green tree on the left of willow creek park? It's outside the white line, and the tree on the right is cut partially. The building is also pushed far too backwards.

The oasis spring park is hard to notice but that's shifted as well, look at the tree on the left, it's outside too. And the upper trees on the right are way too inwards.

I will show you another version of my Willow creek park, which is more full of stuff which makes the case more obvious:
    n6z81x.jpg

Look everything is shifted. The whole lot with it's contents are pushed towards upper left and lower left.

Ahhh. I see that now. Yeah, it doesn't bother me so much, though. I use those fan art maps, not sure if they have that or not. TBH, they could do away with the white outlines and that would please me. It makes no sense why they have those on a map to begin with (in my mind). But, even that, is not something I'm horribly bothered by. I am only in map view, looking at lots, long enough to place lots or travel.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    I see it now too.
    Are the trees part of the lot though? They might not be.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    And to show it even better:
    I mean isn't it annoying? I'm surprised not many people have even noticed it. I don't sit and stare at map view too long as well but I see it and I can't unsee it. It bothers me and my ocd lol.

fw55x0.jpg
  • Options
    Maybe post about it in the bugs section.
  • Options
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Maybe post about it in the bugs section.
    Yes good idea. I will do that.

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    With all the other bugs they're dealing with, this is pretty minor.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    With all the other bugs they're dealing with, this is pretty minor.

It is super minor and I think it should be a 2 minutes task to fix as well. I'd be happy if they did that.

• Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I'll add a screenshot later but I have this with the playground equipment hanging out the lot which is more noticeable. I've also noticed it with some home lots garden furniture
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I mean isn't it annoying? I'm surprised not many people have even noticed it. I don't sit and stare at map view too long as well but I see it and I can't unsee it. It bothers me and my ocd lol.

fw55x0.jpg

Wow, with the updated pictures it is very obvious now. That is ugg-ah-lee!
  • Options

fw55x0.jpg

OS actually looks like it's on the road! :D And what on earth is going on with WC? That is really off. They should get rid of that white line, at least. I'll have to check and see if the fan art maps are like that.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    Ohh that happens with the Yuma Heights lot too. The pathway running off the lot in the map doesn't bother me so much, but once going back to the map after editing or visiting, the house is facing the completely wrong direction than it was before (at least for me).
    IMG-6587.gif
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Yup I have that issue too. I rebuilt the park In Willow Creek and I noticed it was off center. I thought it was just my game, but I placed that same (park) build in a different game on a different computer and it seems to be the area itself.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited March 2019
    I was wondering if anyone else had this problem! I’ve had it in my main save for over a year. (I probably have it on my others too, but I notice it more on that one.)
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    sproot wrote: »
    Ohh that happens with the Yuma Heights lot too. The pathway running off the lot in the map doesn't bother me so much, but once going back to the map after editing or visiting, the house is facing the completely wrong direction than it was before (at least for me).

I have this too. Lot is facing the Landgraab mansion in build but on the map the entrance is pointed left.
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    This always drives me mad. I always add my own park to substitute them and the map just looks off.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I wish you hadn't told me that. Having seen it I cannot unsee! :#
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited March 2019
    The maps in general would look so much better without the visible white boxes around all the lots.
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    edited March 2019
    The Landgraab mansion in Oasis Springs is facing the wrong way in map view as well. Also, a house in Forgotten Hollow has the same issue too. I wonder why they haven't been fixed. I would think them being easy to correct.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    CaityTrina wrote: »
    sproot wrote: »

I have this too. Lot is facing the Landgraab mansion in build but on the map the entrance is pointed left.

I have that too! :s
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    The Landgraab mansion in Oasis Springs has bothered me since the beginning. I wonder if it will ever get fixed.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen