Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• gladlypantsgladlypants Posts: 122 Member
    What a lovely recap, @camimh !! Made me smile, could feel the love :)
    TB88pBc.png
    Gallery ID: gladlypants
    favorite gallery hashtag: #redditexchange
    gladlypants.tumblr.com
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Wow @camimh congratulations!! That's so exciting. How long did it take you to complete the challenge? I've been playing this challenge on/off for about a year, and I'm only on baby 46 so it's a slow process for me lol. So cool that your 3rd Gen almost had 41 kids! I'd love to be able to pull that off. Any tips? My matriarch ages while pregnant so I'm only averaging about 23 babies per generation.

That's cool that each of your matriarchs lived in different worlds. I'm doing that too. My Gen 1 matriarch lived in Newcrest and my Gen 2 matriarch is in Brindleton Bay. My 3rd matriarch just aged to YA...and is pregnant with her first child so I'm about to move them to Oasis Springs or Windenburg. I've never played in Windenburg before but heard the winters can be brutal so I'm kind of leaning towards Oasis Springs. How did you like living in Windenburg?
  • babyxbunniebabyxbunnie Posts: 7 New Member
    How are ya'll having so many babies? Lol I only made it to 5 with my first matriarch because she about had a nervous breakdown with three toddlers running about at one time. I try to keep the kids at a manageable number so I don't lose them to CPS or anything like that. I try to get Matriarch pregnant when the older child is toddler age, hoping that by the time the toddler is a child the baby is transitioning to toddler stage. Also, is there any trick to keeping the babies from getting out the front door?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    How are ya'll having so many babies? Lol I only made it to 5 with my first matriarch because she about had a nervous breakdown with three toddlers running about at one time. I try to keep the kids at a manageable number so I don't lose them to CPS or anything like that. I try to get Matriarch pregnant when the older child is toddler age, hoping that by the time the toddler is a child the baby is transitioning to toddler stage. Also, is there any trick to keeping the babies from getting out the front door?

My first generation ended up with 12 kids and 8 of those from sets of twins hahaha! You can lock front doors so that the kids can't get out. They don't age while pregnant so the more kids you have the more you can have since her life will be longer.
  • camimhcamimh Posts: 3,297 Member
    I only started about a month ago but I played a lot lol (probably too much). My sim only aged like a day during most pregnancies so that definitely helped. Every time I moved, I picked a lot with no traits and always selected at least On a Ley Line and Good Schools. The third varied. Good Schools helped the kids age up faster. It helped that by the third generation money wasn’t an issue so she could focus on romance/child care mostly. I still had her do other things obviously but if she didn’t get constant videos out or garden every day, we weren’t going to be in dire circumstances.

Getting the toddlers potty skill to at least two as soon as possible helps because they can do a lot without adult/teen help then. Imagination can go up fast with read toddler a book and all toddlers can listen in so one sim can raise their skills all at once which was very hand to figure out lol

Ella’s emotional focus paintings really helped a lot to combat the sad motive when siblings/children died as elders. On that note - anything they helps with emotional auras helps combat that.

Windenburg was nice but the winters were kinda harsh. But really pretty for pictures lol. And every time I sent Ella jogging she tried to end with a visit to the food cart lol. She lived in the main town area near said carts lol
    Xois5I.jpg
    You could lock the front door so they can’t walk out but it can be a nuisance because you want suitors to come inside and would need to unlock it lol
    Xois5I.jpg
    The Beguiling satisfaction reward is super handy for woo-big new suitors. High charisma also eventually gets them the “enchanting introduction” option - that helps a lot! Jenna ended up with both those and could often get a new baby daddy from first introduction to first kiss with two-three interactions. Certainly sped things up a bit lol
    Xois5I.jpg
    edited March 2019
    By the way have you guys ever had this happen before? I'm 12 kids and right now but I was just adding some videos and had forgotten about something. My second child, one kid from a set of twins, potty trained himself as soon as he aged up to toddler. My mother Sim never had to help him and there was no other adults or teens in the house. He just walked right over to the potty sat down and acquired the potty skill. At that point it only still said skill level one but he was able to just go use it on his own even though all my other kids haven't been able to to level two. But he did that even before he had skill level one it was like one of the first things he did the second he aged up. Also, I was not playing with any mods

By the way have you guys ever had this happen before? I'm 12 kids and right now but I was just adding some videos and had forgotten about something. My second child, one kid from a set of twins, potty trained himself as soon as he aged up to toddler. My mother Sim never had to help him and there was no other adults or teens in the house. He just walked right over to the potty sat down and acquired the potty skill. At that point it only still said skill level one but he was able to just go use it on his own even though all my other kids haven't been able to to level two. But he did that even before he had skill level one it was like one of the first things he did the second he aged up. Also, I was not playing with any mods

Does he have the independent trait? They can potty without help
    Xois5I.jpg
    Oh - if you have the vampire pack, children can earn the vampire lore skill from the book once it’s unlocked and in the house. This skill carries over to teenhood unlike the other child skills so it would work for both the elementary school and high school skills needed for grades. With parenthood, you can purchase school projects from buy mode - they increase skills, responsibility and grades all in one as an option
    Xois5I.jpg
    camimh wrote: »

Does he have the independent trait? They can potty without help

I can't remember, he's grown now but it was very likely. Quite a few of my kids have that trait which is fantastic
    I always secretly hoped for independent because it made life a little easier. Mostly I seemed to get twin combos with fussy and clingy though lol
    Xois5I.jpg
  • babyxbunniebabyxbunnie Posts: 7 New Member
    My twins were fussy and clingy, but my independent child (who grew up and was auto assigned goth clothing XD) potty trained herself which was wonderful. Also, my original matriarch Elaria was an artist and her soon to be matriarch daughter Delaynie is an artist as well, I'm having them paint each child's portrait and putting them on the wall. Its such a cool looking project I'm hoping to continue through out the whole thing.
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    @camimh congrats! thanks for the recap. It is always great to read when someone completes the challenge how it all went for them. :D I completed it a while ago, but I am itching to try to complete it again. I've attempted a few times, but lost interest in the family after only a handful of babies. I think I may give it another go but use lilsimsie's save.. so the starting pool of baby daddies is more than just randoms and premade townies.
    My twins were fussy and clingy, but my independent child (who grew up and was auto assigned goth clothing XD) potty trained herself which was wonderful. Also, my original matriarch Elaria was an artist and her soon to be matriarch daughter Delaynie is an artist as well, I'm having them paint each child's portrait and putting them on the wall. Its such a cool looking project I'm hoping to continue through out the whole thing.

We did the portrait thing for every kid for the first generation. I'm between Generations right now and not sure if I'm going to continue with generation 2 or not because we don't have enough wall space for all the generations and the first one fits so perfectly haha
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    The sim formerly known as Candice (now Shanna) has fallen in head over heels in love. Sadly, he is an elder and will long since be gone before she's able to settle down. But she does spend a lot of her free time when not raising kids or wooing the next day, with him. His name is Kory.

fgFjexV.jpg

Shanna is going much slower in the second half of her life... or at least, it feels that way to me cause I'm no longer stressed about "hurry hurry hurry... have them babies!". She's now had 30 kids, pregnant again. She just had J Huntington's twin daughters. She was gonna get pregnant with Kory's child(ren) but he went home before she gave birth and as she was about to call him, she seen Jax Teller walking about and wooed him, instead.

p8L4V6v.png
  • KittypurrKittypurr Posts: 3 New Member
    I have been doing the 100 baby challenge and the daughter I had planned on using as my next matriarch died from electrocution on the day she aged up to Young Adult. I don't know what to do. I have 2 other daughters in the house, an adult daughter I had to help the elderly mom out until the one daughter aged up and a slightly older sister that aged to young adult at the same time.
    edited March 2019
    Kittypurr wrote: »
    I have been doing the 100 baby challenge and the daughter I had planned on using as my next matriarch died from electrocution on the day she aged up to Young Adult. I don't know what to do. I have 2 other daughters in the house, an adult daughter I had to help the elderly mom out until the one daughter aged up and a slightly older sister that aged to young adult at the same time.

If she was a young adults she still counted as one of the 100 Kids. You don't get to pick which daughter becomes the next matriarch it has to be your youngest. If your matriarch is still having children she might have another younger daughter in the future. If she is elderly and isn't having kids anymore then you go with say youngest living so it would be the one that aged at almost the same time.
  • Julie85Julie85 Posts: 40 Member
    Well my matriarch just had for her lot of twin babies. Sean and Amber Beans. Working on her next baby daddy tho she may need to work on her skills.
  • shorrasorenshorrasoren Posts: 23 Member
    > @camimh said:
    > I only started about a month ago but I played a lot lol (probably too much). My sim only aged like a day during most pregnancies so that definitely helped. Every time I moved, I picked a lot with no traits and always selected at least On a Ley Line and Good Schools. The third varied. Good Schools helped the kids age up faster. It helped that by the third generation money wasn’t an issue so she could focus on romance/child care mostly. I still had her do other things obviously but if she didn’t get constant videos out or garden every day, we weren’t going to be in dire circumstances.
    >

I begun the challenge several times but had to stop ; the first time because I lost all my cc (everyone was naked all the time and most of my furniture was gone) and the second time because I was too invested in the life of one of her kids and ended up playing him instead.
    Anyhow, I found that having the Ley Line trait is not as awesome as it seems : since there can be only 8 sims in the household my matriarch would spend a lot of time not pregnant, meaning she would age. Plus, sometimes I wouldn't get the notification telling me to age up my babies so I'd totally forget about them and I'd end up with 4 toddlers at the same time - and the matriarch pregnant with twins again...
    Having one baby a pregnancy is easier for me.
    The other traits I use are usually Romantic Aura (my matriarch would ask donors to come and it is easier to get them in the mood) and Gnomes (super important especially in the begining when I don't always have the money or the time to replace all the stuff the kids break)
    Yes the Ley Line can make it toddler-madness. I had five at once and it just about killed me lol.

I had a lot of flirty aura decor in the houses to make it easier to get suitors in a flirty mood.
    Xois5I.jpg
  • shorrasorenshorrasoren Posts: 23 Member
    I aways forget about the decor aura! Thanks for the reminder, I'll try it next time :)
    Update:
    My heir Lucy and her twin are now teens! One more high school "A" and responsibility trait away from starting Gen 2.
    Not sure if I should worry about her studying a bunch to age her up quick, or let her age up on her own and focus her teen years on making some guy friends her age and building relationships, as well as skills like painting and cooking that will come in much more handy for her destined future. Leaning towards the 2nd option. Thoughts?

ab5qa1.jpg

Left to right:
    Teen Isaiah, Teen Lucy (our heir), Young Adult George (writer), Young Adult Heidi, Young Adult Felix (George's twin, fitness instructor), Teen Katie (Lucy's twin), Teen Jeremiah
    I like to use those heir teen years to skill build and stuff myself. Also let’s some of the sibling deaths happen during teen hood so it doesn’t happen as often as a YA
    Xois5I.jpg
    camimh wrote: »
    I like to use those heir teen years to skill build and stuff myself. Also let’s some of the sibling deaths happen during teen hood so it doesn’t happen as often as a YA

I don't think there will be any sibling deaths as her oldest sibling just reaches adult hood, no elders yet. None of the kids have a living father anymore though so at least that mourning is out of the way lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top