Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lost ability to add lots while in game

I used to be able to be in the game, minimize the game, download a lot online, add it to my tray folder and that lot show up in my library. I am no longer able to do that. When I add a lot now I have to exit the game completely and restart it for the lots to show up. Yes I check include custom content. Please help.

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    They probably did change something because I used to be able to delete CC while still in game and the object in the game would have a big red X over it to let me know I successfully deleted it. I kinda liked it. Now if I try to delete something I get an error saying the object is being used so I have to come all the way out of the game to do it.

It’s probably safer this way so it doesn’t bother me too much. Idk if they did something or if it was a Windows thing.
  • KelseyB123KelseyB123 Posts: 119 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    They probably did change something because I used to be able to delete CC while still in game and the object in the game would have a big red X over it to let me know I successfully deleted it. I kinda liked it. Now if I try to delete something I get an error saying the object is being used so I have to come all the way out of the game to do it.

It’s probably safer this way so it doesn’t bother me too much. Idk if they did something or if it was a Windows thing.

I get that message too, and I used to be able to delete things as well. Interesting. I just hate having to close the game then reopen it for lots to show up in my gallery.
  • AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    It's much safer to make changes like adding or removing files while the game isn't attempting to access them. It could potentially cause issues.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • SimGuruTwoLegsSimGuruTwoLegs Posts: 25 SimGuru (retired)
    Issues of these nature are better reported here:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4

This subforum is specifically for technical discussions for mods and doesn't get much visibility.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top