Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hate cribs!

2...Next

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    Keiomestre - I laughed when I read this -- "...First of all, toddlers recharge their energies very fast on the crib, so forget about putting your toddler to sleep and getting a full night rest for you sim, because soon enough the toddler will be awake and screaming "Get me out of this prison"..." - Sounds just like babies and toddlers in real life. Parents usually get a full night's sleep when the child reaches age 6 and then lose it again at 13.

@SimsplyRuth So true! :lol:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    edited February 2019
    McTosh wrote: »
    A pet peeve of mine is when you bathe or change a baby/toddler your sim puts them on the floor before picking them back up to do something else like put them in the crib!! Being a store item you'd think they'd have fixed that, you should just be able to keep them in your arms

Omgosh I noticed this too just the other day and it bugged me! :grimace:

@igazor Thank you for sharing that!! :star:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @igazor Thank you for sharing that link. I've also always hated that my sims put the baby or toddler on the floor after using the changing table. Now I won't have to put up with that anymore.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2019
    This was quite a while ago (which I why I keep forgetting that I even have the mod), but a bunch of us tried to convince Nonamena that what we really needed was a modded version of Flubber for the floor tiles in the rooms that housed the changing station. Okay, by a "bunch of us," I really mean me, everyone else just laughed politely at the idea of bouncing babies and toddlers off the floor. But anyway, it turned out that didn't go over very well and she produced the mod linked to instead. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    This was quite a while ago (which I why I keep forgetting that I even have the mod), but a bunch of us tried to convince Nonamena that what we really needed was a modded version of Flubber for the floor tiles in the rooms that housed the changing station. Okay, by a "bunch of us," I really mean me, everyone else just laughed politely at the idea of bouncing babies and toddlers off the floor. But anyway, it turned out that didn't go over very well and she produced the mod linked to instead. :)

After I feigned horror for the sake of propriety, I had a good chuckle at this :D
  • JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    Idk.. Mine sleep through the night. Buy the cheapest crib so their sleep need goes up more slowly
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited February 2019
    Just pick a cheap crib..the plus signs determine the speed your energy replenishes.Three sims 3 store cribs have a +++ they are ones you avoid if trying to slow down the process.There are two in the store which are ++ and I think in game there is a cheap single + crib or two just check for the one with the lowest plus sign and also energy number stat

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited February 2019
    igazor wrote: »

Flubber would be better than "variable height" ceilings. >:) ~sorry~ And yes, I'm a parent, scary, isn't it? And...no...I don't do that. :smirk: Though when my kids were toddlers, I'd wish for a rubber mallet... TO KNOCK MYSELF OUT.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    @Keiomestre I solved the high chair problem years ago. My sims don't have high chairs. If they need one for a particular purpose it goes into the family inventory or is sold the second the particular purpose has been completed.

If you want to see a mother with the Dislikes Children trait handling her toddlers then I have a video series, The Perfect Genetics Challenge. It'll let you see them all learning and having fun together.
  • KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    edited February 2019
    @Karritz My triplets aged up a few days ago and they all learned all skills (potty, walk, talk, xylophone, blocks and 1 book read to them). The negative moodlet given by Dislikes Children trait is weak and the mother was not helping mostly for role-play reasons; she only wanted kids to look good on political campaigns. The mother still read 1 book to each child because it was a book about money, but the other skills were all taught by the father.

At one point, I had to delete the main stairs of the house, because of how bugged the path-finding can be on Sims 3 when two sims are involved. From now on, toddlers will always be raised on huge rooms, far away from stairs.
    ..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
  • AbubakrAbubakr Posts: 476 Member
    edited March 2019
    Keiomestre wrote: »
    Really, cribs and toddlers are such a rage inducing combination. :rage:

First of all, toddlers recharge their energies very fast on the crib, so forget about putting your toddler to sleep and getting a full night rest for you sim, because soon enough the toddler will be awake and screaming "Get me out of this prison, 😭".

Then you wake up your poor sim and make him take the toddler out of the crib. But first, he stands in front of the crib, then the screaming toddler sits down, stands up again and finally can be taken out of the crib.

Now try managing the sleep schedule of triplets, try to teach them skills and still have your adult sim eat at least once a day. :s

By the fourth day, with the mother going back to work and the father not trusting the babysitter of the neighborhood (he is a kleptomaniac), I just gave up and sold all the cribs. Now the 3 toddlers just sleep on rugs on the floor.

Why can't toddlers on sims 3 sleep on dog cushions like they could on sims 2? Just WHY? :(

Oh, and forget about the tall chairs. Since day 3 the toddlers are eating on the floor...

Here is a tip: Pick up the phone >>Hire a service>> Babysitter.
    You probably thought that you only hire a babysitter when you leave the house but actually you can hire a babysitter while the parent/s sleep. let the babysitter take care of the little monster for a couple of hours when you wake up you can teach the kid all the things you need to after you let the babysitter go.
    Abubakr wrote: »
    Here is a tip: Pick up the phone >>Hire a service>> Babysitter.
    You probably thought that you only hire a babysitter when you leave the house but actually you can hire a babysitter while the parent/s sleep. let the babysitter take care of the little monster for a couple of hours when you wake up you can teach the kid all the things you need to after you let the babysitter go.
    In my experience this can work well if the babysitter happens to have the Family Oriented or other kid-friendly traits or if I give them those traits by way of a mod (MasterController). Otherwise I might end up with a teen to watch over in addition to the baby/toddler who stands around taking selfies on their smartphone until their own needs bottom out or being a klepto instead of actually being helpful. In some cases I want to pay my toddlers to watch over and take care of the babysitter.

Hired help is great. Hired help whom we cannot control, only sometimes. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    ITA McTosh! Especially the changing table, they can't go from one action to the next. Changing table to floor.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

@igazor you didn't mention the babysitter that takes the baby home and never returns it.

I tend to add an extra member to the household to be a babysitter in these circumstances. Mostly.
    Karritz wrote: »
    @igazor you didn't mention the babysitter that takes the baby home and never returns it.
    Yes, I've never seriously thought of the kidnapping babysitter as being an intended part of the game rather more like a programming glitch, but there is that to watch out for as well.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    ITA McTosh! Especially the changing table, they can't go from one action to the next. Changing table to floor.

@tallcoolone
    You want this mod to stop that: http://simlogical.com/ContentUploadsRemote/uploads/2192/
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    Doesn't one of the towns have a babysitter that's horrible? I recall it is probably because they are absent minded and hate children, or something like that.

As for the swing, I was never able to get that to work right. The Sims are always speeding up the swing making the kid sick or worse, the other Sims autonomously take the kid OUT of the swing and set him on the floor.

Midnight Hollow comes with floor mats for babies, I've never used them so I'm not sure if they work on toddlers.
    @Chimark the thing that comes with Midnight Hollow is really annoying. The sims simply put the baby down on/in it and then walk away just to return and take it out and then put it in and then take it out and then put it in and this goes on until you go into Edit mode and get rid of the thing - or at least that's my experience with it and I've tried it a few times in different households.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    The floor mat works for babies only, not toddlers. And yes the sims love putting their babies in them and leaving them there.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures