Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tropical World - Yes or No (not a vacation spot)

Comments

• lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yes
    Yes, because I would be disappointed if sims can't live there. In TS4, sims can travel to other residential words without living there anyway.
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Yes
    Yes i want tropical world doesn't matter vacational spot or not but i don't want to see that ugly half sim half fish thing in the game, if they must have make it an FX animation where my sim can't interact at all.

The Sims Game
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Yes
    I said yes but mostly just because I'd like a more beach/ocean based world. However I'd much rather have a beachy world like the Greek Isles or the coast of Portugal. Something with more of a rocky beach landscape and maybe even tiered neighborhoods built into the rocky outcrops then the jungly tropical island landscapes we've had in the past.

I still would like a beach vacation world that one can be the more tropical island paradise type of location but I also would like a beach world that we can live in too.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019
    I'd be okay either way - I would like a tropical world like an Island world, but it would not matter to me if it was just a vacation world or a regular world. Both would be fun - but I do lean toward vacation world as then it may entail water sports and actually going in the ocean to do more than just fish. LOL.

It would be even better if it had rides, carnival games, and maybe some other beach attractions like a Music Shell or a dance hall on the pier or music concert stage.

I have a feeling it would end up like Brindal Bay if it is not a vacation world and we will still not have any added water activity of any kind. BB is a coastal world and as you must notice no water activity exists there and probably won't until we get an oceanfront vacation world.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yes
    I want to live there.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I want both half vacation lots and half residential tired of either or they could make a map where you see the entire world but separate them in the different menus.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    No
    It would be fun for sims to vacation to, but I personally can't play in a world that doesn't have seasons, so I wouldn't be interested in having sims live there.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • ARCTICORNEARCTICORNE Posts: 56 Member
    Yes
    Yes please, would be nice to have Island Paradiso themed world that would work perfectly with the Carribean vibe.
    SfLZzzI.png
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Yes
    I would love somewhere to live that is closer in vegetation and climate to my home - there are plenty of snowy suburban worlds for the people whose homes are like that - the "warm" worlds are all desert worlds but many "warm" places are actually tropical and coastal. I am a southern hemisphere player (Australian) and I would love a residential world that represents my lifestyle and climate - my sims currently favour Oasis springs but most Australians live coastal not in the interior desert places.

An ideal solution would be a combined world with residential and vacation spots - I would like to vacation in San Myshuno - as this would be like vacations I had as a child - and live in a tropical world or Granite Falls.
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    No
    I would prefer a Tropical Island as a vacation getaways with a hotel, shops, site seeing locations, and beaches. The perfect destination for family vacations or romantic honeymoons. :)
  • LibertyTheFreeLibertyTheFree Posts: 234 Member
    Yes
    I'd love to see a Savanna where sims can actually reside in. Just great sunshine and trees all year round, maybe some cheetahs too.
    AxxYIX4.png
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    Yes
    I’d like a new lot type, or two. Vacation Rental and/or Second Home. Then it doesn’t matter what climate world they make, I can live where I want, for as long as I want. But barring that, I’d rather they just stick to livable worlds because Outdoor Retreat and Jungle Adventures are just a taunt and a slap in the face-beautiful worlds forever locked behind overly restrictive game mechanics.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No
    No, I'm sorry CLP, I know he wants one, but I'm tired of such worlds. I'm tired of the LA vibe in so many towns in these games, the beach worlds without swimming in oceans, the sand, the palm trees, and nothing to do in them but stand out on the edge and look at water. And TS4 has JA so I don't think it needs another tropical world though it's not a beach world. I assume people mean beach worlds when they say tropical or do you guys mean jungle like rain forests? I'm tired of both. I want more comlicated worlds, with back alleys, darker themes, over populated urban areas, no room to walk down the side walk, seedy corners, unsavory characters who aren't your best bud, smog, polution, warehouses, factories, run down tenements, etc. I'm tired of the sunshine and rainbows.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yes
    Never got to experience the sims 3 to its fullest due to lag and bugs so i'd love a tropical world if they somehow could bring back mermaids like they did them in sims 3. It looked cool to be able to play as one so yeah, please ^^
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Yes
    I wish Sims 4 took the concept of worlds/neighborhood to another level. When starting a game you choose one world to be your homeworld, while all the other worlds would be vacation spots (but made in a way we could play them if we have a rotational save, maybe like in SIms 2 where we could control sims in Bluewater Village/Downtown). This way they would have added sims living in Selvadorada/Granite Falls, would be cool to see sims like Don Lothario, the Caliente girls, + other spanish/latin named sims living in Selvadorada, or sims like the characters of show like Gravity Falls living in Granite Falls... I miss how sims 3 had families in all vacation worlds.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Yes
    I want a remake of Isla Paradiso, but this time playable.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yes
    Jase wrote: »
    I would prefer a Tropical Island as a vacation getaways with a hotel, shops, site seeing locations, and beaches. The perfect destination for family vacations or romantic honeymoons. :)

Finally I think like you. And I don't really like worlds without snow.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • katka_kynclovakatka_kynclova Posts: 79 Member
    No
    I would actually want it as a vacation spot. I don't really want to live in a tropical world though...
    Twitter: @ kateknc
    Origin ID: kate_knl :cookie:
  • gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    a beach world would be cool a place for vacation or to live the sims that live there could have jobs taking care of the vacationers and live there
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes
    Yes for a new tropical world.
    I didn't read all the comments, but I did read a few first ones and I really despize the idea of some places in the world are meant to be lived on and others are just for vacationing. There's people living in those places, c'mon!
    I'm with someone before me that suggested that all the world's should have rentals for vacations and should have lots to live on. What's wrong on living in Selvadorada, or Granite Falls? What is wrong with vacationing in the city? If it was so unnatural, how come cities are full of tourists? To each is own, I think. Whoever loves snow and likes to vacation in a tropical place, just should be able to do it. The same to someone that loves living in the tropics and like to vacation in the snow, countryside, city, whatever.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Yes
    I would much rather have a beach world for my sims to live in than a beach vacation spot that they can only visit. I have a few sims that enjoy walking the shore line in Brindleton Bay and I have a few ideas for sims who would live near or on the beach. I would like typical beach activities like searching for "treasure" with a metal detector, collecting shells (a new collection type), sand castle building (and destroying), sunning, both on a towel and lounge chair and swimming.

I can do without a RESORT because this will be for living there, not just vacationing there. A simple B&B pack could be a GP or even a SP. Laundry Day proved that a lot of game play can come in a SP with the right objects to interact with. With a B&B pack, we can place a hotel/motel/B&B in any world, not just a vacation world.
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    Yes
    I want a tropical residential world expansion pack and a tropical vacation game pack that introduces the hotel system. There is too much for one pack especially because the sims 4 packs are so limited.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Yes
    Yes, if my sims can swim in the ocean, snorkel, scuba dive, etc.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    No
    If it's a tropical world let my sims have a vacation there.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • gabriellegabrielle Posts: 260 Member
    No
    I voted no... although one of my favorites worlds to live in was Isla Paridiso from TS3!
    tumblr_mn9sw7o3jo1r0f8vho1_500.gif