Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Warning about collecting evidence in StrangerVille

AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
If you are completing the aspiration, make sure you have collected all 15 pieces before you put the dossier in your inventory (if you get it by means of not collecting the evidence).
If you decrypt a USB, it gives you a dossier (and eliminates a piece of evidence). I discovered this last night because I wanted to see what happened when you decrypted, but I had only collected 8 pieces of evidence by the time the next thing came back in the mail after uploading it to the hackers.
I haven't seen this mentioned (I may have missed it) and thought I'd put the warning out since I had to cheat to fulfill the aspiration.
baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif

Comments

• AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Crap!
    After being lucky enough to not experience it at the GTW Science lab, I find that the StrangerVille Scientists are walking around the town in drag. :/
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    You also can’t sell the evidence if you are doing the aspiration.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    If anyone is interested at the moment KlingonDragon has a mod that fixes the scientist being in incorrect outfits and drag.

http://klingondragon.uk/sims/mods
    5vJrxmT.png
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    If anyone is interested at the moment KlingonDragon has a mod that fixes the scientist being in incorrect outfits and drag.

http://klingondragon.uk/sims/mods

Downloaded and installed. Thank you!
    edited March 2019

I sold it for 100 at the curio booth right after cheating that part of the aspiration. At least I got a little cash for my trouble. :D
    Anmirla wrote: »

I sold it for 100 at the curio booth right after cheating that part of the aspiration. At least I got a little cash for my trouble. :D
    You can upload it to hackers and they will give you the key.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641

I got the key by uploading the dossier that I got by decrypting the USB. That was the problem - as soon as it was delivered and I took it out of the mailbox, I couldn't click on anything to collect more evidence in the lab. Once you have the key, that's it - no more search for evidence. That's why it's important to collect all 15 pieces before putting the key in your inventory.
    I thought that decrypting the USB would give me more evidence (that would've made sense), but instead it gave the dossier that I could've easily have compiled by getting the 15 pieces of evidence. So decrypting a USB is actually useless if you are completing the aspiration.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I just cheated the aspiration when I de-crypted the USB stick. The goal was to get the dossier. It arguably took my Sim longer to raise her programming skill to level 10 than it would have taken to just find more evidence.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    I just cheated the aspiration when I de-crypted the USB stick. The goal was to get the dossier. It arguably took my Sim longer to raise her programming skill to level 10 than it would have taken to just find more evidence.

I waited until New Skill Day to start Programming. I took her to a library that I added the Fast Internet lot trait. She got really far on that day and I sent her back a few times after to finish it off. :)
    It was part of my back story for her as a Journalist. I wanted her to be able to hack the computers at the lab as well. That wasn't really worth it though as the failure rate is still high even with Programming maxed.

I got the key by uploading the dossier that I got by decrypting the USB. That was the problem - as soon as it was delivered and I took it out of the mailbox, I couldn't click on anything to collect more evidence in the lab. Once you have the key, that's it - no more search for evidence. That's why it's important to collect all 15 pieces before putting the key in your inventory.
    I thought that decrypting the USB would give me more evidence (that would've made sense), but instead it gave the dossier that I could've easily have compiled by getting the 15 pieces of evidence. So decrypting a USB is actually useless if you are completing the aspiration.

Oh that is really weird you can't collect anything after you have the key.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    Your sims do not have to actually collect the evidence themselves. It is sufficient to have the pieces in their inventory. Soon as my first group of three sims had amassed 15 pieces, they just swapped them back and forth between themselves for everyone to get the credit and then created the dossier.
    Your sims do not have to actually collect the evidence themselves. It is sufficient to have the pieces in their inventory. Soon as my first group of three sims had amassed 15 pieces, they just swapped them back and forth between themselves for everyone to get the credit and then created the dossier.
    That and you can still collect the evidence even if you have a keycard..

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    For the people that has played the pack - is the programming skill actually usable for the story? Pretty cool if that's the case.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
    edited March 2019
    Aine wrote: »
    For the people that has played the pack - is the programming skill actually usable for the story? Pretty cool if that's the case.

Not really. It's a waste of time to build a skill specifically for this when there are easier ways to obtain them.

Hacking the computers in the lab takes longer and there is still a high chance of failure even with maxed programming (and it breaks the computer every time, so if you want to try again you also need to build handiness to fix them).
    You need maxed programming to decrypt the USB (which gives you a dossier and eliminates a piece of evidence), but you can compile the dossier by collecting the 15 pieces of evidence that you need to fulfill the aspiration anyway.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Aine wrote: »

Not really. It's a waste of time to build a skill specifically for this when there are easier ways to obtain them.

Hacking the computers in the lab takes longer and there is still a high chance of failure even with maxed programming (and it breaks the computer every time, so if you want to try again you also need to build handiness to fix them).
    You need maxed programming to decrypt the USB (which gives you a dossier and eliminates a piece of evidence), but you can compile the dossier by collecting the 15 pieces of evidence that you need to fulfill the aspiration anyway.
    Oh. :/

Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---