Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to limit wild life?

Hey guys, i am back trying to play sims 3 again. I am just installing Pets, but i don't want huge amounts of strays/wild life lagging my game. I remember that nraas had a mod to limit those, but i don't know wich one it is. Is it inside SP? Or what? Help!!!

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Strays don't usually take over the map in huge numbers for most players. More typically a small number of wild horses, like 4, will roam around for a bit then go off the map. Stray dogs and cats tend to materialize one at a time and then again go into hiding. Maybe a deer or raccoon here and there. Although if the world you are playing is not designed well for animals and they keep getting stuck in places they shouldn't be, then that of course can add stress to the game.

The mod that controls strays with its Animal Control settings is NRaas Register.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Strays don't usually take over the map in huge numbers for most players. More typically a small number of wild horses, like 4, will roam around for a bit then go off the map. Stray dogs and cats tend to materialize one at a time and then again go into hiding. Maybe a deer or raccoon here and there. Although if the world you are playing is not designed well for animals and they keep getting stuck in places they shouldn't be, then that of course can add stress to the game.

The mod that controls strays with its Animal Control settings is NRaas Register.

thanks @igazor
    I'm happy to know that they don't spawn in huge numbers... But, the stuck ones, i am using the EllaCharmed's fixed worlds, i think its supposed not to have stuck animals. Lets see...
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    EllaCharmed fixed the road routing issues, which only affect human sims. Animals get stuck between world objects that are too close together, especially when they spawn in such an area. I don't think EllaCharmed did anything with world objects.
  • Options
    @IreneSwift thanks to warn me, i'll be taking a look at it!
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @igazor I need your heeeelp.
    I have followed your instructions here: https://www.nraas.net/community/Story-Progression-Rotational-Caste-Settings
    Cuz i wanted to try (again) to play rotationally. I made everything like you say, everything was okay. I played like 2 weeks in 3 different househoulds, always reseting to defaults when switching households. But, for osme reason I started receiving notifications from one of this households that my sims were changing jobs, and one of the became and elder, then i took a look at one of the other households (the one i was playing) and even after reseting them to defaults before playing, they were not growing older, actually it was like the "Rotations" settings were copied to their sim settings. Each sim from all households seemed to choose if they wanted to be default or rotations on their own, even though i set heir entire households as rotations while playing others. aaa, i am confused don't know what i did wrong.

Edit.: I was reading your instructionsagain, and you say at some point "The settings will flow down to all household members, for as long as they remain members of that household." when i set them in the Rotaitons Caste, but what i can see is that the opposite is not happening. Whenever i try to take one household out of the Rotations Caste by the "Reset to Defaults" feau=ture, they don't return to the game original intent of the household being able to gain skills, romance, be pregnant. Some of them get out of the caste as normal, but like I said, after putting them into the Rotations caste again, some of the household member choose to be in the Defaults.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2019
    When viewing SP's Sim Options, such settings will appear in (parentheses) if they are being inherited from a higher order such as Caste (Household or Town). The will appear without parentheses if they are explicitly set by the player on that level, Sim level in this case. The hierarchy goes like this:
    Town > Lot > Household > Caste > Sim

It can take a while for Sim Options to display correctly once a sim or their household has been added to or removed from a caste. That is normal. If you want to see the aging setting effect, MasterController's Sim > Status > Personal (or Career) tends to update more timely, should be almost immediately.

But if the settings are arranged correctly and there isn't another caste involved that is getting in the way, it shouldn't be the case that a protected household is actually not receiving such protection.

If the above doesn't actually turn out to be helpful, I would have to suggest bringing this issue to us at NRaas. Advanced caste setting troubleshooting is a kind of a bit out there for this forum. :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    When viewing SP's Sim Options, such settings will appear in (parenthesis) if they are being inherited from a higher order such as Caste (Household or Town). The will appear without parentheses if they are explicitly set by the player on that level, Sim level in this case. The hierarchy goes like this:
    Town > Lot > Household > Caste > Sim

It can take a while for Sim Options to display correctly once a sim or their household has been added to or removed from a caste. That is normal. If you want to see the aging setting effect, MasterController's Sim > Status > Personal (or Career) tends to update more timely, should be almost immediately.

But if the settings are arranged correctly and there isn't another caste involved that is getting in the way, it shouldn't be the case that a protected household is actually not receiving such protection.

If the above doesn't actually turn out to be helpful, I would have to suggest bringing this issue to us at NRaas. Advanced caste setting troubleshooting is a kind of a bit out there for this forum. :)

Ok, thanks for the help. @igazo I Just created another sabe, i'll bem checking If everything os qorking correctly or If It was my mistake. Thank you, i'll post there in case i don't get whats going on