Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• chips46chips46 Posts: 3,655 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #115 - Man Cave
    FORUM ID: chips46
    ORIGIN ID: chips46
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Cave Sweet Cave
    LOT COST:$1,500
    LOT NAME: (Mid-Nowhere)
    GALLERY COST: 44,470
    TOTAL COST: 45,970
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: here at my showcase
    ENTRY DETAILS: Cave at ground level with a nearby beach to go fishing and sits at the rocks of fire to roast his catch of the day with that lovely view he paints on the easel and shower in the great outdoors amongst nature with a small rock pool to swim in with a few garden plants to cook for his meals has all the luxury of every day living with a few skilled activities to enjoy
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Yes please)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NOcc
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    9MX95Bi.pngJH8C4yV.png
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    LOT: Durtail's Den
    LOT COST: 5,500
    LOT NAME: Arid Ridge in Oasis Springs ( My Name to lot Durtail's Den )
    GALLERY COST: 69,003
    TOTAL COST: 74,503
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Man Cave, BuildNShare115
    ENTRY DETAILS: Durtal's Den, located at the Arid Ridge lot in Oasis Springs.Was the perfect place for Nean's Man Cave..In the middle of a Dessert, This lot was perfect because the area was not to populated and the rock formations were great to hide a " Man cave " ..Blending in with the surroundings- Mr Dural's "Man Cave " is a perfect fit on this lot..Made of rocks, stone and mud, we feel Nean will be very satisfied with his new home...
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Stone~agy paintings by AlJay2000 in the gallery.
    TWITTER TAG: @DianePink
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Mom's Sims 3 & 4. Creations

PICTURES: 54517681_2361133670773377_6085268226575433728_n.png?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-4.fna&oh=8ef3f9a1109f7b3599c80a99a4f79ed2&oe=5D0895E4

54516626_2360410364179041_1927391158472802304_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-4.fna&oh=4a296190ddc9b50725e2c6e8bc003615&oe=5D4F108E

• PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    HOUSEHOLD: More than meets the eye
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Nean Durtal BnS115
    ENTRY DETAILS: Clean cut, dressed well,but something about him was off..It’s not that he seems unhappy, exactly, or even displeased . He just seems flat. As if there is no excitement or emotion there at all.

54799493_2361090287444382_422702074157858816_n.png?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-4.fna&oh=653a39c2442f15dd90ecb96f580e345a&oe=5D1A34AE

54727808_2361104580776286_9029426526541578240_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-3.fna&oh=f0415140914c4f4cfa91def34a4fc61d&oe=5D155392

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited March 2019
    I have a rather frustrating problem with my build for this round. It's finished, playtested it, I've taken my screenshots, uploaded them, wrote my entry, etc. The last thing I needed to do was upload my lot to the gallery and get a link. That's when I noticed that for some reason the walls and floors are showing as invisible. All the objects are in the build, but it looks like they're hanging in thin air. o.O

This is an underground basement build with terrain on top. When I look at it in live mode or even build/buy mode I can see the walls/floors just fine. It's just the gallery upload images that aren't showing any walls/floors. I tried repairing, that didn't help. Any ideas? I really like this build, it's only the second time I've ever tried using the terrain tools and I thought I did a good job. I don't have any mods/CC.

I should also note that this build is in a second save file using save as. The first save file, the floors/walls show up, but I've made some changes in the second save file. Maybe it was something I added? Only thing I did different was swap out a bench for a stool and move some objects on a wall. Why would that make everything except the objects invisible? Gah, this is so sad and frustrating! :( I hope someone can help, I really wanted to enter this round. Thanks!

EDIT: One thing I haven't tried is to go back to the first save file, make the changes I made in the second and see if that works. I'll try that when I get back in game after Hubby goes to work.

Put a different floor down and all floors/walls showed up. Replaced the floor with the original and it stayed, so I'm good to go! Whew! *wipes brow*
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member

FORUM ID: Karababy52
    ORIGIN ID: Karababy52
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Crystal Cave
    LOT COST: 1500
    LOT NAME: Mid-NoWhere
    GALLERY COST: 77065
    TOTAL COST: 78565
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/aCqyibn
    ENTRY DETAILS:

I built Nean a natural cave with an excavated/carved out completely open floor plan living area with the exception of privacy walls for the bathroom. Amenities include a full kitchen, but there's also a campfire if he'd rather just roast a fish and have marshmallows for dessert. Also included; chess table, guitar, bookshelf, full size bed, stone bedside tables, candles and lanterns. Tucked under the staircase is a stone storage chest and extra supplies.

Most flooring is natural sand which I felt was appropriate for an island cave near the beach. But there is stone tiling under the kitchen area and in the bathroom. Natural Woven rugs lay under the bed and in front of the kitchen sink, plus stone slabs (rugs) underneath the campfire area and in the bathroom.

Nean has some beautiful natural lighting from glowing crystals adorning the walls throughout the cave. Other decorations include; twisted wood wreath, heart wood carving, stone sculptures, ancient pottery, woven baskets and a cave bear to keep him company.

This cave also has a wonderful bonus area accessed by an arch off the kitchen. A small landing with a stone bench, end table, towels and robe supports a staircase leading down to a natural spring water pool that glows invitingly with the aqua light of more crystals in the water.

Outside lanterns lead the way to the hidden entrance, a chimney sits atop the cave for smoke ventilation and an easel underneath a pine tree to paint the beautiful landscape surrounding Nean's new home.

*NOTE - This build was made using a copy of my Custom Template save. I used rucolasheep's Absolutely Empty Lot download to clear the lot before saving the template because I had another build there previously and wanted it empty for all future new gameplay saves. That's why it shows this Sim as the original builder. No stealing on my part!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please and thank you!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC, MOO, SHO
    TWITTER TAG: NA
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: NA
    TUMBLR LINK: NA
    nk2B2b0.png
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited March 2019
    Hey, everyone... just added a new post about this challenge on Facebook, in case anyone wants to share it, etc. :)
    Link: https://www.facebook.com/buildnshare/
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited March 2019
    @Karababy52 before you build anything always save your empty lot to your library when ever you need to do a clean lot when you need to build anything and the build with stay in your name as original by you
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited March 2019
    Loving all these Man Caves for Nean!
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited March 2019
    Winners of the "Love Shack" challenge are now posted on the Build 'n' Share Facebook page. A big congratulations to all of the winners and thank you to all who participated! https://facebook.com/buildnshare/
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LOT: The Primitive Life
    LOT COST: $2000.00
    LOT NAME: Dock Den in Windenburg
    GALLERY COST:$68,380.00
    TOTAL COST: $70,380.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/9BGVqUP
    ENTRY DETAILS: This cave was made as a place for Nean to go and escape reality. It is his weekend home. Built in the secluded area of Windenburg, it is the perfect place for him to go and just be himself. It has everything a sim needs to survive in the wild. But not only survive, thrive! I used many hand crafted items and tried to make it look as close to the primitive life as I could.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All custom artwork was created by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    2IOIcKT.png
    QIOhSe8.png
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    HOUSEHOLD: Durtal
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/t7WntSO
    ENTRY DETAILS: Nean is an outdoor enthusist, he loves to collect things. He is athletic and prefers to be by himself. Nean is very good at his job, unfortunately he finds his job quite stressful (being around people). He wants to have a weekend home where he and his Foxy Lady can escape reality. He wants to build things, fish, live off the land and just generally enjoy the peace of the outdoors. Nean has mastered the fishing, handiness, logic and gardening skill. So he will have no trouble living in his cave. Foxy Lady is his loyal companion. She is an adventurous hunter. She is a special breed, a mix between a large dog and a fox. A new breed I call a Mammoth Fox. Nean and Foxy Lady are very excited to live the primitive life in their new cave!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    FjexBhG.png
    DNcBkIl.png
  • CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    Excellent builds so far :star::smiley:
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    I am trying to do a build with the Sims 4 base game only, and I do not see any options to get out of the expansions, stuff packs, etc. Can anyone tell me how to do this please?
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    edited March 2019
    iampes23 wrote: »
    I am trying to do a build with the Sims 4 base game only, and I do not see any options to get out of the expansions, stuff packs, etc. Can anyone tell me how to do this please?

@iampes23,, you don't have to do that to do it base game only. When you're in Build/buy mode there are filters just like in CAS on the right side. One of the options under Packs is Base Game. Make sure that's checked and nothing else when you're looking for items to use.
    image.png
    SimTresa wrote: »

@iampes23,, you don't have to do that to do it base game only. When you're in Build/buy mode there are filters just like in CAS on the right side. One of the options under Packs is Base Game. Make sure that's checked and nothing else when you're looking for items to use.

Thanks very much!!!!
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited March 2019
    Working on my "man cave" now. I admit at first I was like why do we have a budget of 80,000, there's no way I need that much. Fast forward to me building and I've spend half that on rocks alone :p
    suRdkSd.jpg
    SimTresa wrote: »

Thanks very much!!!!

You're welcome!
    image.png
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited March 2019
    FORUM ID: Swcheppes
    ORIGIN ID: Swcheppes
    LOT: Cave Life
    LOT COST: 2,000
    LOT NAME: Dachshund's Creek
    GALLERY COST: 76,887
    TOTAL COST: 78,887
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Cave Life
    ENTRY DETAILS: For the man or woman looking to go back to a simpler life. A life when dinosaurs roamed the earth. This cave provides you with all the essentials needed to live a happy and secluded life. A bed to lay your head down after a long day hunting. A semi private bathroom equipped to wash all the stink off. A cozy fire pit to warm yourself on those cold winter nights. Don't forget your own private hot springs that is hidden from the rest of the world. Live out your life in perfect seclusion. However if you're able to find someone who loves the caveman lifestlye there's enough room for two!
    *NOTE FOR JUDGES - since my build has no walls or roof I did my best to give you a birds eye view so you can see the layout of the home
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    sFfR0of.png
    XvJ7pWH.png
    Post edited by swcheppes on
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    swcheppes wrote: »
    Working on my "man cave" now. I admit at first I was like why do we have a budget of 80,000, there's no way I need that much. Fast forward to me building and I've spend half that on rocks alone :p

LOL For sure! Probably 75% of my build cost is in rocks. XD
  • jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    I don't know if I'm going to have mine done in time....and I'm really struggling with this challenge .. *sigh* ... I don't think I have the skill level needed for this ... I'm trying!
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
    I don't know if I'm going to have mine done in time....and I'm really struggling with this challenge .. *sigh* ... I don't think I have the skill level needed for this ... I'm trying!

Just keep trying! You can do it! If you are having specific problems, ask and someone may know how to help you :D

Just keep trying! You can do it! If you are having specific problems, ask and someone may know how to help you :D

Thank you....I'm trying to figure out how to make an actual cave, with a fishing hole outside, and a small pool inside for bathing ... I have something made but I'm not happy with it at all....I'll keep working.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!

Thank you....I'm trying to figure out how to make an actual cave, with a fishing hole outside, and a small pool inside for bathing ... I have something made but I'm not happy with it at all....I'll keep working.

If you need to, step back and let it rest for a day, then come back to it fresh.
    image.png
    thanks @SimTresa ... this will be the 2nd time I've had to step away from it ... I just can't figure out how to make it cave like

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
    thanks @SimTresa ... this will be the 2nd time I've had to step away from it ... I just can't figure out how to make it cave like

Have you tried looking at other builders' work or searching for inspiration?
    Actually, I skipped this one becuase I had no real idea what to do with it, but I do admire the builds I've seen so far.
    image.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top