Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which world would you (not) want to live in?

13...Next

Comments

• BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    I WOULD NOT live in Oasis Springs or Strangerville, but l would definitely live in Willow Creek or Newcrest.
  • Smoky1967Smoky1967 Posts: 41 Member
    If this was real life then I would have to go with Granite Falls or Windenburg. Brindleton Bay would be my third pick. I would NOT want to live in Strangerville or Forgotten Hollow.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I would love to live in Selvadorada. Or Brindleton Bay.

I would NOT want to live in San Myshuno, or Newcrest, or Willow Creek.
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    edited March 2019
    All y'all talking about humidity in Oasis Springs must have never traveled to Arizona, otherwise you'd be familiar with the state's motto:

980x.jpg

:joy:

San Myshuno for me as well. I'm not made for city living. :/
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    edited March 2019
    Willow Creek is where I play most of my households in. I don't know why. I just like Simming there, I guess. Haha. But, in real life I don't think that I would want to live there. Oasis Springs is probably where I would want to live the least. I don't really like the extreme heat and I would get depressed if their was never any snow that stuck. I might go visit there though. I would be a nice vacation place for short periods of time. I love the park in that neighborhood.
    I would probably start out in San Myshuno for a couple years to experience the city life and them move to Brindleton Bay. I don't own Cats and Dogs yet, so my answer might change what I get it and really start to use the world, but from the gameplay in that town that I have seen on YouTube it looks very beautiful. And the weather wouldn't bother me. I love cold weather and rain is my absolute favorite type. And with stray cats and dogs wandering around everywhere, I would become the best animal rescuer ever! (I really want to become a kitten foster parent after I finish college.)
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,100 Member
    I wouldn't want to like in Forgotten Hollow (don't want to be a vampire or know any), Strangerville (too hot and scary) or Oasis Springs (too hot).

My main Sim family lives in Newcrest, but I'd consider living in Willow Creek, Windenburg or Brindleton Bay (all those climates are temperate.)
    4kkjdXo.png

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited March 2019
    Shady Acres :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    My most favourite to live would be Windenburg especially if I could be on the Island with those beautiful beaches. Oasis Springs appeals to me, as an Australian, as it looks like it would be hot and dry (just as you said @mintycupcake ). I would pick it first if the people there were real too - I would love to meet Johnny Zest.

My least favourites would be Newcrest or Willow Creek as they look quite suburban and boring.
  • LucentlyAwesomeLucentlyAwesome Posts: 16 Member
    Dislikes:
    San Myshuno or Strangerville
    Please tell me if I spelled anything wrong!
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I wouldn't want to live in Strangerville, although I like the world in game
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Not gonna lie, I kind of want to live in Vlad's house in Forgotten Hollow, lol. I've always wanted to live in an old Victorian mansion that looks like it's haunted. I also really want to live by a graveyard because I like the old ones in my area and have always enjoyed wandering around in them, ever since my high school years. So the mystical quality really speaks to me. However, Forgotten Hollow is really dark most of the time, and as much as I'm a night person, I do need some bright sunlight during the day, so eventually I'd probably want to move.

Brindleton Bay is so New England that I feel like I already live there. So that's a definite. But Windenburg appeals to me too. Not on the island, but the northern countryside or on the edge of the town somewhere, maybe. I love the quiet roads and old architecture.

I also love anywhere that has trees and waterfalls. Granite Falls is nice, but maybe a little too isolated for me, not much to do. But Selvadorada... now we're talking! Man, I hate spiders but wow, do I love Selvadorada. I love the Cantina as a place to hang out, and the jungle scenery with lush vegetation, rivers and falls just speaks to me. Not to mention ancient ruins to explore! If I were a writer, that would be an awesome place to be inspired and write in peace. But I do think that I might miss civilization a little bit eventually. So back to Brindleton or Windenburg.

Places I definitely wouldn't live (but would still consider visiting) are Del Sol Valley, Oasis Springs and StrangerVille. I do love warm climates but I really don't like deserts... Or large cities, so San Myshuno is also out. My very least favorite though, is Del Sol Valley. It's so crowded and the aesthetic is all wrong. Maybe it's because I'm on the East Coast and the ocean in Del Sol is on the wrong side, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • MoonSimMoonSim Posts: 102 Member
    Strangerville and Oasis Springs! Love the desert irl, and have always liked how The Sims portrays that climate :)
    I would not like to live in Windenburg (don't like the cold European look lol) or Newcrest (death by isolation).
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019
    In real life I would not want to live in Willow Creek because it is supposed to be based on southern Louisiana part of the USA and as much as I enjoyed a few visits to Louisiana years ago - and loved MardiGras I would find it hard pressed to live there between the insects especially biting ones that seemed bigger than any where else in this country and more vicious, plus the large numbers of poisonous snakes, and just forget strolling out into your yard to see an alligator or crocodile running around - well it all outweighs the good parts of that state and definitely makes it a better place to just visit than live in my view. Don't even get me started on the eerie parts of the state, voodoo is a thing there and they take it seriously - and I can't blame them. Believe it or not - there's a lot about that you need to keep serious. Houses - especially the big plantation style ones may look beautiful but you could not pay me to sleep in one - touring them are sometimes more than enough. I don't care for things you just can't explain - and denial you had - it makes you rethink that a lot down there.

Floods and being often considered " dangerous storm central" - just are not my thing. I swear that state attracts them. You'd think Florida would be worse the way it juts out into the ocean - but more times it seems it is Louisiana that always gets the worst of the storm. The people there are amazing - good people and you got to give them credit - they never let anything chase them away from their home state forever. They are hearty souls for sure - but I just could never live there even though I have never met a person from that state I didn't like.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited March 2019
    Oooo what an interesting and great question!

I would not want to live in either:

Strangerville - has a very small town feeling. Seems like the place where you would have to convince people that the world's not flat, lol

Del Sol Valley - I'm a person who likes to stay out of the spotlight, and seems like it would be really expensive

The neighborhood I'd want to live in the most would be Brindleton Bay. It reminds me of Maine or Massachusetts
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    San Myshuno I grew up in DC and lived in Philadelphia, and a smaller city, I now live in the mountains of NH and would never, never, ever go back to the city. Oasis Springs either, I do not like hot weather all the time.
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    I'd live in Windenburg or Brindleton Bay (maybe San Myshuno, but it's too busy for a loner like me and the cultures and food are too different from mine). I wouldn't live in Oasis Springs or StrangerVille (because of the heat and weirdess), Forgotten Hollow (due to vampires) or the vacation worlds. I probably wouldn't live in Del Sol Valley either (not Mirage Park anyway and I'd never be able to afford the mansions in The Pinnacles, nor do I want to be famous).
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • OldGeekWomanOldGeekWoman Posts: 21 Member
    I would not live in Selvadora, too hot and humid, plus bugs! Del Sol Valley is out too, the beach life is not for me. I would live in Brindleton Bay, Windenburg and San Myshuno
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    I live in a city, so I think I'd probably feel right at home in San Myshuno. Otherwise, maybe that part of Willow Creek where the tree portal is. I love building houses there, because the lots are just the right size.
  • SalemiteSalemite Posts: 6 New Member
    I think I'd probably want to live on the Hound's Head in Brindleton Bay, but of course, a custom mansion (Yeah, I got it down to property /flex). :) Where would I not want to live? Probably Newcrest, at least at first. There's too many people walking around for how few neighbors you have.....it's confusing and I'd drive myself crazy trying to figure it out.
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Oasis Springs because I hate the heat, though I would put up with it for the strangeness of StrangerVille. Only with a lot of air conditioning.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited March 2019
    Windenburg. Its lovely as are the areas of the world it was patterned after, but its not home for me. I'd just find myself missing home too much.

My pick for "would love to live here" would be San Myshuno or Willow Creek.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.