Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WIP- 3rd beta released - Moonlight Valley

MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
I am taking moonlight falls and transforming it. I want the vibe to still be there. I will be making a empty world as well as a populated save file for those who want it. the problem is I use CC and I am unsure how others would like that.

What should I expect in Moonlight Valley compared to Moonlight falls?
♥ More lots,both empty and filled
♥ slightly improved beach
♥ Revamped or replaced lots + more things to do

Suggestions are welcome

Lake is back and with a lot of lots added from @Hidehi's gallery including th one she made for my world :)
Download 3rd BETA
Happy Simming!♥
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Hello,

I like your idea :)

The beach could definitely do with some improvement. I could be very rude and name some pretty grotty British seaside resorts which the beach in Moonlight Falls currently reminds me of :)

I think some of the lots in Moonlight Falls are lovely, it is the interiors which let them down so some revamping might be an excellent idea.

If you are offering an empty version then plenty of lots for building would appeal to quite a few people.

I don't use cc but I am aware that having too much in your game is likely to affect the performance of EIG if you are planning to use the CAW tool.

Good Luck.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    @Bettyboop55
    Well the save file would be the only thing with cc. the unpopulated world would not
    Happy Simming!♥
    @Bettyboop55
    Well the save file would be the only thing with cc. the unpopulated world would not

Great :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
    Pondering if I should use store content or nah
    Happy Simming!♥
    edited March 2019
    installing store content into my clean folder I made for the project. I have decided to make the save folder cc free aside from sliders. as some sliders are not able to be found anymore I will upload a file with them inside and the credit goes to their creators
    Happy Simming!♥
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    Following! Look forward to seeing what you do. Can I ask how you got Moonloght Falls into CAW? I know about the tutorial thread on MTS but that’s not worked for me. You don’t have to say all the directions, just point me to a tutorial if you know of one. I wanted to edit Sunset Valley many moons ago but finally gave up.
    edited March 2019
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Following! Look forward to seeing what you do. Can I ask how you got Moonloght Falls into CAW? I know about the tutorial thread on MTS but that’s not worked for me. You don’t have to say all the directions, just point me to a tutorial if you know of one. I wanted to edit Sunset Valley many moons ago but finally gave up.

you would need create a world installed. then you need to go to open world once in the CAW. because I think riverview and sunset valley come preloaded with CAW :) is that what you wanted?
    Happy Simming!♥

you would need create a world installed. then you need to go to open world once in the CAW. because I think riverview and sunset valley come preloaded with CAW :) is that what you wanted?

You will need to make sure you download the correct version of CAW which matches your game version i.e. 1.67 or 1.69.

You are correct both Sunset Valley and Riverview come with CAW but these are basic height maps.

Sim enim est vita

You will need to make sure you download the correct version of CAW which matches your game version i.e. 1.67 or 1.69.

You are correct both Sunset Valley and Riverview come with CAW but these are basic height maps.

Ah yes i just checked and they are the light version. But if one searches CAW files for sunset valley they will find a download link
    Happy Simming!♥
    created a new area in the empty space here. lot sizes are wonky and part of them are on a slope.

new-lots.png
    Happy Simming!♥
    expanded the beach area
    capture.png
    Happy Simming!♥
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member

Looks good so far.

In the past I have remodeled most of the residential lots in Moonlight Falls but I didn't take it into CAW. Looking forward to seeing what you do.

I am in the process of redoing Midnight Hallow. I'm remodeling all the lots in town replacing haunted landscape and terrain paint and recoloring the exterior and interior. I have also done a little removal/remodel of walls and objects. I've only done 4 residential lots so far. When I'm ready I will try bringing MH into CAW and then change out the lots. I've only played once in Midnight Hallow and it was too dark for me, although I guess it was just fine for my vampire. :)
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Any way for you to get Moonlight Valley to not look so dark? :p

Looks awesome what you have so far! :star:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    emorrill wrote: »
    Any way for you to get Moonlight Valley to not look so dark? :p

Looks awesome what you have so far! :star:

I can look into it although i usually use a loght mod in my regular game
    Happy Simming!♥
    edited March 2019
    look at all this land I can use :D if its not a shell
    land.png
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    land.png

Go to your tool bar and click on View, scroll down to Layers, over and click on Objects.... is the land still there?
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    land.png

Go to your tool bar and click on View, scroll down to Layers, over and click on Objects.... is the land still there?

it is indeed a shell. But I still made something cool

hill.png
    Happy Simming!♥
    Did I go overboard with trees? does it look ok? should I add trees on some more mountains? theres trees on the mountain where I live so it reminds me of that
    screenshot-1.jpg
    Happy Simming!♥
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Did I go overboard with trees? does it look ok? should I add trees on some more mountains? theres trees on the mountain where I live so it reminds me of that
    screenshot-1.jpg

Personally I'd remove a tiny bit from the left hill there, the top row of trees, but other than that it looks GREAT! :star:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    edited March 2019
    emorrill wrote: »
    screenshot-1.jpg

Personally I'd remove a tiny bit from the left hill there, the top row of trees, but other than that it looks GREAT! :star:

Oh my. Wish I known that earlier. I added tons more

more-trees.png
    Happy Simming!♥
    screenshot-1.jpg

Love what you are doing especially the beach. We also have trees growing up our mountainsides but I don't think you have gone overboard on them so far. Besides in a lot of cultures, particularly in Europe, densely wooded areas are associated with dark and mysterious events which fits the Supernatural theme of the world.

Sim enim est vita
    @Bettyboop55 I am glad you like it ^^ I installed store content again on my clean file that I use for CAW. hope it works without problems
    Happy Simming!♥
    If you are like me then you probably have lots of store content. For some reason EIG is very sensitive to this. I would ask in the Game Tools section if EIG doesn't open or keeps crashing. I found a way round my content problem but it was a fluke because I am IT illiterate and would hate to give you duff information.

Good Luck.

Betty

Sim enim est vita
    If you are like me then you probably have lots of store content. For some reason EIG is very sensitive to this. I would ask in the Game Tools section if EIG doesn't open or keeps crashing. I found a way round my content problem but it was a fluke because I am IT illiterate and would hate to give you duff information.

Good Luck.

Betty

indeed it is crashing when I go to edit in game.

What do you think I should do? I can add the dive lots,export the world,then add the lots I wanted in a save or find a way around the crashing and put the lots in that way.
    Happy Simming!♥
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    This is looking really good so far! :) Love all the trees you've added. I don't think you've gone overboard, I think it looks ideal!
    With regard to EIG crashing; is all the Store Content you have installed going to be used for this world? What I've been doing is only adding the content I'll use in that world to the folder. So maybe you could uninstall some of it for the time being?
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top