Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friday Highlight March 22nd - A week in The Sims forums

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
Hey everyone!

You know what?

I have awesome news to share today!

It's...
FRI-DAY

And you know what that means, right? It's time for the FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS!

Caito is the main character in today's highlight, with his search for leprechauns - look at this awesim screenshot!:

dtsahk3jhn58.png
@Kathesaur shared the full St. Patrick's Day story in this post.

Now... let's get started with the list of discussions I want to invite you to check out this week!:
  • Have you ever played rotationally? Have you ever wondered how to play this way or are you an expert with a lot of tips to share? @simmer_jay is asking for advice and tips in this topic: 'Calling all rotational players!'. I have never played this way, so I've enjoyed reading this discussion and discovering how you do it a lot. Go take a look! :)
  • How does a pack themes fight sound? @GrimSuruDoi is hosting a March Madness brackets game in '2019 Sims Theam Madness!'. Second survey is up now! Good luck at guessing which theme will be the Champion! Discussion thread here :smiley:
  • Once you have finished with the voting, let's move on to think of worlds! It's common to discuss which is our favourite world... but what about in which one you would NOT want to spend your time? @GrumpyGlowfish is asking everyone in 'Which world would you (not) want to live in?'. Click and let her know in which one you would like and in which one you wouldn’t like to live, share your reasons as well!
  • How much time do you spend looking at how Sims' characteristics evolve generation after generation? How good are you at guessing who a Sim's pre-made parents are? That's the fun game @loubyloulou came up with in 'Who's your daddy (or mummy)?'! A long running thread you should definitely check out if you haven't already!
  • Poll lovers - @SunStone02 has you covered! And it's an easy question this time :) They want to know about your Simselfs, and I'm quite surprised by the results on this one! Check out 'Do you have a Simself?' and leave your vote!
  • Last but not least... let's talk about Simoleons! In The Sims 3 section, @AthenaOnyx wants to make their Sims rich -and fast!-, so they are asking for help in: 'What is the most lucrative way to make money in The Sims 3?'. Any tips? Leave your comment in there, or check out the discussion to discover new methods!

One more Friday, I hope you enjoyed this list! :smiley: Don't hesitate to leave a comment below if you came across any other discussions this week you would like to recommend!

Enjoy the weekend Simmers! <3
-Mai
Post edited by EA_Mai on

Comments

• SunStone02SunStone02 Posts: 107 Member
    Thank you so much for featuring my poll in this week's Friday Highlight! <3

~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Ah, thank you for highlighting my thread! :)
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Thanks a lot for featuring my thread, it's always an honour to be mentioned in the Friday highlights! :)

But... I'm afraid this post is contributing to the misunderstanding that is already going on about my thread. People are supposed to share both which world they'd like to live in and which they wouldn't, that's why the "not" is in brackets! (And also, I'm a she. :D )
  • KathesaurKathesaur Posts: 58 Member
    Oh my gosh, thanks so much for featuring Caito's silly leprechaun story lmao
    Look at my boy up there...I'm so proud :')
    tumblr_inline_p5rajafQEb1sz2x5c_250.gif
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited March 2019
    Not leprechauns but they are defiantly definitely plotting something . . . . . .
    gnome_10.png

Edit to correct spelling oops :lol:
    Post edited by EuphorialQueen on
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    WHAT. My thread got featured?!

tenor.gif?itemid=5914304
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited March 2019
    Thanks a lot for featuring my thread, it's always an honour to be mentioned in the Friday highlights! :)

But... I'm afraid this post is contributing to the misunderstanding that is already going on about my thread. People are supposed to share both which world they'd like to live in and which they wouldn't, that's why the "not" is in brackets! (And also, I'm a she. :D )
    @GrumpyGlowfish Oh, so sorry about that! You are right, edited to clarify. Also the him - my brain betrayed me there :(
  • uKnown_KuKnown_K Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi I was wondering if you had any sfs codes I could use
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »

@GrumpyGlowfish Oh, so sorry about that! You are right, edited to clarify. Also the him - my brain betrayed me there :(

No big deal, it's not like you can tell from my name or avatar. Thanks for editing it, though, the fitting description of the thread was most important to me. :)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Another awesome week of simming!
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,773 Member
    uKnown_K wrote: »
    Hi I was wondering if you had any sfs codes I could use

There is a thread specifically for that request over in the Modding and CC section:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/936486/simfileshare-code#latest
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Not leprechauns but they are defiantly definitely plotting something . . . . . .
    gnome_10.png

Edit to correct spelling oops :lol:

But at least only one appears to want to set you on fire anyway.... In my book that's a win as usually half of them hate what gift I give them and light up their torches. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Thanks for the highlights! It is a nice way to look at different threats. The forum is huge and with little time it is nice to have shorcuts o:) Lovely photo @Kathesaur :#
  • KathesaurKathesaur Posts: 58 Member
    emere wrote: »
    Thanks for the highlights! It is a nice way to look at different threats. The forum is huge and with little time it is nice to have shorcuts o:) Lovely photo @Kathesaur :#
    Thank you! :)

• SalemiteSalemite Posts: 6 New Member
    This is my first time interacting with a traditional forum type of service, (I'm a serial Social Media Type) I was clicking around trying to figure out where to start, and this was a huge help, thank you so much!!!!
  • xcaligirlx45xcaligirlx45 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi everyone! I am new to this. I wanted to start a thread but I can't yet. I was wondering if there is anyone that makes sims that look like you? I have tried to make my many sims that look like me and my fiance but I can never get it right and they always end up looking nothing like us. Can anyone help me?
    Thank you!
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    gnome_10.png
    :smiley: Your Sims should be worried! Love this picture, thanks for sharing! <3

@Salemite @xcaligirlx45 welcome to the forums!
    @xcaligirlx45 keep in mind we don't share real life photographs in the forums (for privacy reasons).
  • WollybuttWollybutt Posts: 13 New Member
    As someone who has always been apprehensive about posting on public forums I'm so happy to have finally made the plunge. Everyone has been so welcoming!