Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you expect 2019 to be?

1234568...Next

Comments

• AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    SimsBro wrote: »
    I'm really hoping it's the year we finally get meaty Supernatural/Occult content. I mean, it's kinda sad Sims 4 basically only has Vampires after 4 whole years.
    My favorite would be mermaids since it would mean they'd add underwater diving mechanics akin to Island Paradise, and it would probably come in a tropical themed world as well.

That and University. Frankly I'd be satisfied with Witches, Werewolves, Mermaids with a tropical world/diving and University.

I'd love that too, but sadly, they've been pandering to the more realistic players as of late. Not that that's bad, but there's gotta be a balance, y'know?
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    So far, based off recent hints, I'm worried.
  • IiyonceIiyonce Posts: 32 Member
    I know I'm basic but I really want University. Whenever I play with families I get sad. I find myself going back to TS3 just for University. But other than that, I really would like a tropical pack because I want my rich sims to go on vacation! We don't have cars to show off our wealth so I at least wanna relax drinking a coconut by the beach.
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    I want more life states and another family pack like University or Generations
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • zuperrandomzuperrandom Posts: 1 New Member
    EPs: University and Farming
    GPs: More Supernaturals and Tropical Vacation/Adventure
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited April 2019
    I'd love to see the entire year be just dedicated to occults but I know that won't happen. :(

Riots maybe on the forums :p
    not everybody buys them and some buy the packs just for the world and content.

if they did them for,

magic
    werewolf
    zombies
    fairy's

bring it on, I would buy them, vampires are so lonely :'(
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm really hoping it's the year we finally get meaty Supernatural/Occult content. I mean, it's kinda sad Sims 4 basically only has Vampires after 4 whole years.
    My favorite would be mermaids since it would mean they'd add underwater diving mechanics akin to Island Paradise, and it would probably come in a tropical themed world as well.

That and University. Frankly I'd be satisfied with Witches, Werewolves, Mermaids with a tropical world/diving and University.

I'd love that too, but sadly, they've been pandering to the more realistic players as of late. Not that that's bad, but there's gotta be a balance, y'know?
    Yeah Strangerville was totally pandering to realistic players...
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    edited April 2019
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    One game breaking the trend doesn't change the whole argument. Vampires was released in January 24, 2017, StrangerVille came out in February 26, 2019, and everything in-between has been realism. (Unless you want to count Jungle Adventure, which has skeletons for like five minutes of gameplay.)

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    All I want this year are Witches and University
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

True, it's not like you guys have gotten Pets, Seasons, Celebrities, Parenting, Bowling, Fitness, Toddlers and Laundry in the last two years.

Nope, they aren't pandering to realistic players at all.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Strangerville was announced February 20th, the day after this comment @ChadSims2 and @AshtontoAshton22 was talking about Seasons + Get Famous. Besides that, Strangerville content is more towards regular gameplay than anything... Laptops, Military career, content made to be used on the Decades Challenge... The only thing thats "weird" is the storyline that you can avoid, its not like you can use it in 100 different gameplays like Vampires. Thats one storyline and done.
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    I don't know really... nowadays I don't get hyped about this game anymore. Sesons was the only one and also the last time since City Living that I was hyped about something...
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @LaneBoy1995 But what would you be hyped about now? Uni?
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    One game breaking the trend doesn't change the whole argument. Vampires was released in January 24, 2017, StrangerVille came out in February 26, 2019, and everything in-between has been realism. (Unless you want to count Jungle Adventure, which has skeletons for like five minutes of gameplay.)
    You are ignoring the fact Jungle Adventures added skeletons Seasons added gnomes and a walking scarecrow I would call none of these features realistic. You are pretty much saying if its not a life state added its all realistic content which its not. Also all of these packs can be used by supernatural players when witches come I bet you some people will use Cats and Dogs and make a black cat or are animals only for "realistic" players which was his claim.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I don't know what to say, I expect disappointment. That's all.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    edited April 2019
    You are ignoring the fact Jungle Adventures added skeletons Seasons added gnomes and a walking scarecrow I would call none of these features realistic. You are pretty much saying if its not a life state added its all realistic content which its not.
    Those you referenced are very, very tiny elements. The gnomes are a small holiday event and meant to add whimsical flavor, the Scarecrow is just a regular sim in a costume. These elements not there to make in-depth fantasies like the Vampires (and to a lesser extent, StrangerVille) packs. (They're likely not even aimed at the occult crowd, but this would be pointless to argue, since we don't know the devs' intentions for this. Though if they WERE trying to appeal to the occult fans, then man are they tone-deaf.) Compare them to how Sims 2 and 3 handled their non-realistic elements: they were more prominent, large and offered more meaningful content. Compare Patchy to Bon Voyage's Bigfoot.

I'm not saying that everything has been realistic, it's just that all the packs in-between are based on realistic stuff. In fact, StrangerVille and Vampires are the only non-slice of life or realism packs.
    Also all of these packs can be used by supernatural players when witches come I bet you some people will use Cats and Dogs and make a black cat or are animals only for "realistic" players which was his claim.
    That wasn't AshtontoAshton22's claim. He even said that it wasn't a bad thing to pander to realistic players. His point was that the realism players have been getting way, way more stuff and he would like to have a balance. And I agree, any pack can be used by anyone. I know I'll be buying realistic packs along with witches because I like both elements. But one element is vastly overshadowing the other, and it's really lame. Sims 2 and 3 did a better job at giving us occult stuff.

At the end of the day, it's kind of inarguable that occults have been left n the dust this iteration. It's inarguable that the majority of the development's focus has been on adding realistic content. That's what people have been talking about here.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    @LaneBoy1995 But what would you be hyped about now? Uni?

Nothing. I feel tired of giving chances to TS4. I don't let myself get hyped for something anymore because the experience after something new comes up is already gone after a few hour of gameplay. I can't enjoy TS4 like the other three games. I play The Sims since the first one and TS4 is just too different and restricted.