Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Those weird moments.

My Sim (Kylie) is at the flea market.
She gets a phone call from her friend Anika, who is the children’s nanny. “Would you want to come haggle at the flea market?”

Um, not only is Kylie already at the flea market, Anikia is currently being paid to mind the twins! :s

Share your stories.

Comments

• bobbyjo727bobbyjo727 Posts: 118 Member
    My good, responsibile teen asking a child sim to play hooky from school.
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    I didn’t even know that kind of thing popped up @bobbyjo727
    Is it a phone invitation?
    Yes. It happened while school was in session.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Lately I've been getting weird calls for dates at 3 to 4 AM from my sims' significant others. I can never accept the dates because my sims need their sleep!
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited March 2019
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    Lately I've been getting weird calls for dates at 3 to 4 AM from my sims' significant others. I can never accept the dates because my sims need their sleep!

I've had this happen a few times. For some reason it happens more often to the sim I used to test Strangerville. She's dating the redheaded male sim from the trailer who runs the Curio shop near the trailer park (I can't remember his name). He's always calling around 4am to ask her on a date. I've only accepted once. I like to think that it's because he's paranoid.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,404 Member
    My teen sim was at school when her adult uncle texted her about going out to a fancy restaurant to get along. She’s only met him once...when she was a toddler. Said no thank you to that.
    Another weird moment was when my sim recently went to the jungle Adventure world and his wife sadly passed away while exploring and I get a message saying his mom passed away minutes too. But then he goes to pick up his wife’s urn and he receives a text from his mom saying sorry for your loss. And now his deceased mom and wife text him constantly, inviting him over to his own house!
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Lucas Munch in my game, as an adult, used to always try to invite children to hang out with him. He would also oftentimes hang out at the park and talk to the kids.
    When I played his household once, he had a friendlist full of children who hated him. :#
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I made a club of potential husbands for my sim - I kind of want her to be a gold digger. I put a financial limit on it so I could invite the richer sims. She was dropped during the first meeting because she no longer qualified lol She was too poor.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Hate this!

Yesterday, after I played for like 2 sim weeks with household A (Also named Anika btw :p). Then I switched to my other household B to continue their story. I saved the household A and directly opened household B jJust to see the sim from household B in the house of household A. Ehm..?? She wansnt there when I saved the first household. I hate these random things.
  • christylee1989christylee1989 Posts: 9 New Member
    i dont know how weird it is, but i sometimes get a call from one of my sims brothers asking if she wants to go somewhere, i answer yes and she doesnt go, she stays at home.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    When your played household only has one friend, that same friend sometimes keeps calling every ten seconds to invite you to different events, and every time I can't help thinking: "Well, that oh so great party you told me about just a moment ago can't have been that great after all if you're already enjoying yourself somewhere else!" Then, when you actually accept an invitation, chances are the game won't even take you to where it said it would. (This seems to be a recently introduced bug.)
    Lucas Munch in my game, as an adult, used to always try to invite children to hang out with him. He would also oftentimes hang out at the park and talk to the kids.
    When I played his household once, he had a friendlist full of children who hated him. :#

Yes! I figured I can't be the only one who thinks this is weird. In my case it's a teenager getting calls like this from his father's adult workmate, and yeah, I'm planning to make them a couple anyway, but still. For a game that is so concerned about not having any content that might be a bad influence on children, teaching them how it's completely normal to go out with random adults you barely even know seems a little... odd? :D
  • notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    This annoyed me so much. The brother of one of my Sims invited my Sim over to his house to hang out. When my Sim got there, no one was home. :neutral:
    This annoyed me so much. The brother of one of my Sims invited my Sim over to his house to hang out. When my Sim got there, no one was home. :neutral:

Yes. This. Or when you’re invited to a birthday party and the host is no where to be found. 🤷‍♀️
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Octavia Moon did that to my Sim. She showed up at my retail store and my sim and her hit it off pretty quick and became friends oh, but then she invited my sim over to the house to hang out and when we got there only her kid was there and she was nowhere to be found so in conclusion I think she was just using me as a babysitter oh, how rude
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    Yeah, lots of times I accept invitations to “exciting events” happening in the city, but then my sim is never taken there. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong, lol

A few days ago I had my sim go over to someone’s house to visit. She knocked on the door, got the “come on in” pop up, but no one was home. I looked everywhere

So weird..
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    @GrumpyGlowfish and @AlwaysAsking I have been having issues with invites as well. A sim will ask if I want to go to a bar or restaurant in like Willow Creek, but then I end up at a completely different place in New Crest for example. I think it is a bug because I complained about it a few months ago on the forums and I was told to go to EA’s site because they have a status/polling post we are supposed to notify....but yet months later here we are with the same issue. I have had invite issues since GF.
  • Smoky1967Smoky1967 Posts: 41 Member
    I have been having the same issues with invites. my sim gets invites to a restaurant by name but when they arrive, they are at a different restaurant. All public venues are like this now and it really messes up game play for me. This has been going on since Get Famous came out as far as I know.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Or when your townies friend invited you to his/her birthday party and guess what? the party is held in your home, like who gives them a permission for that??
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I get invites for dates or outings and soon as I arrive the date is on going but the group with me is a club, not the date.
    caitytrina.png

@JC1979

I'm not sure if that's the only issue then, because I don't have Seasons or Get Famous. It started for me when I got City Living. I mean, those kind of invitations didn't exist before City Living right? And then I got Get Together, and it had the other kind of invitations, the dance parties and stuff that you actually go to. I think the GT ones always work for me, except the problem that other people mentioned about the Sim who invites you leaving soon after you get there, lol So rude :smiley:
    SqxdF0m.png

edited March 2019
    I've had this weird thing happen a couple of times. When one sim ages up to young adult, but the other is still a teen, they will spontaneously kiss the people they were with as teens. It's pretty weird. And this is with no mods, no CC of any kind. It's happened twice to me, but I can't locate the other pictures right now.

4UfHfPi.jpg

RSlyH1j.jpg
    SqxdF0m.png

• JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    @AlwaysAsking well whatever it is they need to come up with a patch to fix it. I just noticed it when I got GF.
    @JC1979

Yeah, apparently there’s no rhyme or reason to it. 🤔 It’s just annoying
    SqxdF0m.png

@Smoky1967

Yeah, someone else just posted that too. So I guess it gets worse with the addition of GF. I already have problems with invitations going wrong, but only invites to city things don’t actually happen. In Windenburg I’ll go to places I’m invited, and the person who invited me will leave right away. At any rate, I don’t have Seasons or Get Famous, and I’m already glitching. GF must make it way worse!
    SqxdF0m.png

• Smoky1967Smoky1967 Posts: 41 Member
    My sims are getting left immediately upon arrival when they're invited somewhere too.