Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Banana Drama - A Reading Circle

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I've been meaning to look into reading the Krazy Life of Kass. Sounds fun. :)

i read the orginal you'll enjoy it.
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    I'm guessing by the lack of responses my idea wasn't warmed to so we can stick to informal conversation for now. :D

@AdamsEve1231 sure. You're welcome. It's too quiet here anyway. XD And yay. I've been meaning to look into reading the Krazy Life of Kass. Sounds fun. :)

My question: For all you plot driven story writers, do you rely on simLit challenges to write your stories or do you like a bit of freedom to craft the story the way you prefer? (Hope this question makes sense. Sentence crafting isn't my forte rn. :joy:)

I use the challenge as a base and write the story how I want to do it. I've tried writing a challenge and it doesn't give me enough creative freedom.
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited March 2019
    @CathyTea, @friendsfan367, and @simscognito thank you for the welcome. :smiley:

@everyone Here's my story link for The Krazy Crazy Life of Kassiopeia Fullbright. It's a long term coming-of-age, mystery, and supernatural series set in TS3. Story thread here. I'm about halfway through the rewrite for the first story. Enjoy!

What stories of yours are we reading?

@simscognito I do something similar to @Bugsie2016. My stories might follow a challenge's bare bones but I tend to write where the story takes me. It's nice to have structure and a starting point but the story usually takes on a life of its own.

The only SimLit of mine that follows a challenge pretty strictly is Livin' A Simmin' Life as an ISBI, and even then I switch households to get good screenies (though I maintain my little to no interference).

(Edit: KCLKF even follows a little bit of structure as I'm working through the alphabet with chapter titles, with some exceptions. Sometimes it's really tricky :sweat_smile: but the challenge is fun.)

Thanks again for the welcome. I've read some of your stories. Looking forward to starting some and getting caught up with others.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Hi everyone. I'm thinking of adding some structure to our reading circle.

How would you like it that every two or three weeks we spotlight a member's story where we can have informal conversation about it and the simmer can ask us for some feedback or just questions in general and we can respond and ask some questions back?

I think that might help our motivation and keep this reading circle alive. :)

Feel free to add your own ideas and feedback to this.

I didn't even see this until now! I love this idea! I would really enjoy having in depth conversations with each of you and all of us about your writing. I'm crazy about each of your stories and think about them a lot. I'd love to be able to talk more about them and hear your thoughts.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options

@everyone Here's my story link for The Krazy Crazy Life of Kassiopeia Fullbright. It's a long term coming-of-age, mystery, and supernatural series set in TS3. Story thread here. I'm about halfway through the rewrite for the first story. Enjoy!

@simscognito I do something similar to @Bugsie2016. My stories might follow a challenge's bare bones but I tend to write where the story takes me. It's nice to have structure and a starting point but the story usually takes on a life of its own.

The only SimLit of mine that follows a challenge pretty strictly is Livin' A Simmin' Life as an ISBI, and even then I switch households to get good screenies (though I maintain my little to no interference).

(Edit: KCLKF even follows a little bit of structure as I'm working through the alphabet with chapter titles, with some exceptions. Sometimes it's really tricky :sweat_smile: but the challenge is fun.)

Thanks again for the welcome. I've read some of your stories. Looking forward to starting some and getting caught up with others.

I'm pretty much still on a writing hiatus... need to let the well fill again!

I might do GloPoWriMo in April , and I'd love if you read the poems. I also plan to do the short story challenge, and I'd love for you to read me monthly stories!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

I'm pretty much still on a writing hiatus... need to let the well fill again!

I might do GloPoWriMo in April , and I'd love if you read the poems. I also plan to do the short story challenge, and I'd love for you to read me monthly stories!

i didn't think that was possible. not the hiatus part the well running drry. for as long as i've known you it seems to overflow. :)
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Hi everyone. Here's the next chapter of Friends of Foes.
    Chapter fifty eight: Decisions
    chapter-fifty-eight-decisions_orig.jpg

@CathyTea I'll give it a trial run then. How about we start with one of @Bugsie2016 's stories if that's okay with Bugsie?
  • Options

@CathyTea I'll give it a trial run then. How about we start with one of @Bugsie2016 's stories if that's okay with Bugsie?

I would love to start with Bugsie's stories! They're so deep and I think about them a lot. I think that talking about them with you all, some of my favorite people, will help me explore and process ideas!

• Options

I'm fine with it. I might not be around much though. As you know, working on my story with my new sim. :)
  • Options
    Sweet. We can spotlight @Bugsie2016 next week then. :)
  • Options

is henry relaxing or did you do bad things to him
  • Options

@friendsfan367 He's nervous.
  • Options

why are you picking on henry what did he ever do to you? lol . sorry long day someone was getting picked on bugsies not here then i saw the post.
  • Options

why are you picking on henry what did he ever do to you? lol . sorry long day someone was getting picked on bugsies not here then i saw the post.

I'm here. Just lurking.
  • Options
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

I'm here. Just lurking.

you've also been good. cog on the other hand is torturing poo :) r sweet henry.
  • Options

I'm here. Just lurking.

hehehehe and the real torture hasn't even begun. >:)>:)>:)
  • Options

I'm here. Just lurking.

hehehehe and the real torture hasn't even begun. >:)>:)>:)

don't get alex mad. he might get in your head if your mean to henry.

as crazy as it sounds sometimes the benders talk to me when i'm trying to sleep. if i'm not to tired updating tomorrow othwise monday.
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member

I'm here. Just lurking.

The smiley face in between the double o and r cracked me up, @friendsfan367.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited March 2019

I'm here. Just lurking.

I'm here. Just lurking.

my keyboard is like the benders it doesn't always like doing what i say. its was supposed to be :)
  • Options
    Hi everyone, it's these two weeks we're going to feature one of @Bugsie2016's stories in the reading circle.
    What happens is Bugsie is allowed to ask us questions about one of her stories and we're allowed to ask her questions. Among Q and A we're also allowed to have informal discussion.

Bugsie, which story would you like to discuss?
  • Options
    Hi everyone, it's these two weeks we're going to feature one of @Bugsie2016's stories in the reading circle.
    What happens is Bugsie is allowed to ask us questions about one of her stories and we're allowed to ask her questions. Among Q and A we're also allowed to have informal discussion.

I'm awake so I'll answer. We can go with the one I have listed for this thread, Life's Lessons (link on the first page) if everyone is fine with that. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2019

I'm awake so I'll answer. We can go with the one I have listed for this thread, Life's Lessons (link on the first page) if everyone is fine with that. :)

Are we reading the whole story or just one part. it was supposed to my turn in ww for the same thing but no onrs around. and cog forgot to update bc so i basically dodged a bullet. he he. i was tricked no one said nominees become hosts. lol
  • Options

Are we reading the whole story or just one part. it was supposed to my turn in ww for the same thing but no onrs around. and cog forgot to update bc so i basically dodged a bullet. he he. i was tricked no one said nominees become hosts. lol

I don't know. Ask @simscognito.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

@friendsfan367 We're supposed to be keeping up with each other's stories so I'm assuming the whole story unless the author states otherwise. However if you haven't kept up just join in discussion where you can and answer what you can of the questions .
  • Options

@friendsfan367 We're supposed to be keeping up with each other's stories so I'm assuming the whole story unless the author states otherwise. However if you haven't kept up just join in discussion where you can and answer what you can of the questions .

well i read the exact same amount of your story and bugsies. 1 chapter he he.