Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dumb Hairdresser

So, I'm playing my acting sim, and I take her to her gig. I go to the hairdresser to get my hair and makeup, and she messes up. That's okay, everybody messes up. I redo it, and she messes up again! I tried two more times and she still messed up! So I kept trying the whole time and she finally got it right... at the end of the work day. So I failed the gig because the hairdresser kept messing up... Has this happened to anybody else? It's frustrating but funny at the same time.
Proud simmer

Comments

• Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    I just started that career track myself recently and noticed the hair dresser messing up. You don't have to do them in the order they pop up. My Sim talked to the director instead and finished her gig just fine.
  • Options
    AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    It almost happened to my Sim on her very first gig. The make up artist had to try 4 or 5 times before getting the make up and hairstyle right.
    I still had enough time to finish everything I had to do, though!
    But I think it's nice to have that kind of situations happen. The game is usually too perfect and easy from my point of view.
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Yeah that’s an unfortunate glitch. The sim is supposed to stay in the chair even if it’s messed up not continuously get out. But yes it can be very funny even if frustrating. It’s a bug on the devs radar I’m hoping for a fix soon myself. But when I did the tasks out of order they got it right first time so maybe that helped idk.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    This has been a problem for months and hasn’t gotten any type of fix yet. Some gigs cannot be completed because the interaction will always fail.
  • Options
    BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Amandèle wrote: »
    It almost happened to my Sim on her very first gig. The make up artist had to try 4 or 5 times before getting the make up and hairstyle right.
    I still had enough time to finish everything I had to do, though!
    But I think it's nice to have that kind of situations happen. The game is usually too perfect and easy from my point of view.

Yeah I agree! It's nice to have some mess ups here and there, but to not finish the workday because of the mess ups is a little over the top.
    mannanna wrote: »
    I just started that career track myself recently and noticed the hair dresser messing up. You don't have to do them in the order they pop up. My Sim talked to the director instead and finished her gig just fine.

Huh, I didn't know that! Good to know!
    Proud simmer
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,671 Member
    I think this happens quite often on the lowest paid gigs. Or maybe it relates to the lower levels of Acting career/skill.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited March 2019
    yes, it happens so much that there is a long thread about it on the answer hq: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GF-quot-Hair-and-Makeup-quot-interaction-glitched/td-p/7298923
    Post edited by logion on
  • Options
    Btw: I don't see it as a glitch or a bug, instead it adds perfectly to the stress factor. Any rather fresh actor will be stressed on the first gigs. A hairdresser doing it all wrong meaning taking up your valuable time, is a good way to create that stress feeling :) Will I get ready in time??? What if I don't get it all right???
  • Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Btw: I don't see it as a glitch or a bug, instead it adds perfectly to the stress factor. Any rather fresh actor will be stressed on the first gigs. A hairdresser doing it all wrong meaning taking up your valuable time, is a good way to create that stress feeling :) Will I get ready in time??? What if I don't get it all right???

I agree with you 100% it adds to the challenge. And what I said earlier, they can still finish their gig but don't get as much pay.
  • Options

It does, and I can kind of agree with your point. It actually stopped for me after climbing up the ranks of the acting career, so I think you were right on what you said earlier. I pointed this out because in previous families where I have had actors/actresses, the hairdresser didn't mess up once, so I just found it a bit odd that they messed up as much as they did in this particular household I am playing.
    Proud simmer
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I thought it was just Don Lothario... for some reason he's the makeup artist in my game.
  • Options
    RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    This happened to me once. And it happened on more than one gig with this guy.

I deleted the hairdresser in manage world and got a new one who was perfect.

I think some hairdressers just are terrible, and you gotta make the chop.
  • Options
    Hm, I had the same hairdresser all along. She failed on a couple early gigs, but never again. So, now I wonder if there might be a hidden hairdresser-skill (or maybe they use the stylist-skill if there is any) and got better as she did her job over and over? That would be cool, but if you got a brand new stylist who never failed once, my theory has been proven wrong :)
  • Options
    This happened to me once. And it happened on more than one gig with this guy.

I deleted the hairdresser in manage world and got a new one who was perfect.

I think some hairdressers just are terrible, and you gotta make the chop.

Yes this could be the case, but the hairdresser in my game never messed up again after I yelled at her. :D
    Proud simmer