Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would life be like if Sims never existed?

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I honestly don't know. No other game has reeled me in the way the Sims has over it's run.

I'd probably play a few others, but not be as invested in them as I am with the Sims. It's a unique genre.

I have "This War of Mine" and Telltale games "Walking Dead". I would likely play those. Or something like them.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Honestly, it would probably be better. I wouldn't have unrealistic expectations about life, especially dating. I'd probably spend more time writing stories or learning new things. I also would've been innocent for longer, as I first heard curse words when watching Sims LPs as an 11 year-old, and Sims is also how I found out that woohoo is done in a bed, not standing up and kissing. The only downside is that I probably wouldn't have started learning computer programming.
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,081 Member
    I really don't know... :o.
    4kkjdXo.png

• takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    not sure... Another game would probably take up that space. I really love open world games and stardew valley had me hooked for a while, so most likely something like that.
    I often go through droughts where I don't feel like playing sims for months and my life is pretty much the same. I read more and spend more time sleeping but thats about it :D
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    The only PC gaming I do nowadays is The Sims 4. I'd still be on my PS4 if there were no Sims games to play.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Well, I'd also be playing other games, like Skyrim or GTA (I play them, but not as often as The Sims). On the one hand, I think I would've been better off not being able to play virtual people who can get it on under the covers as a child, but nowadays kids get exposed to things too early by many things anyway. On the other hand, it has learnt me a lot regarding responsibilities and life and there isn't any game like it (except Second Life, which I've never played).
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    We wouldn't be able to laugh at the crazy quirks of the game. My brother used to play music in his sim's house 24/7 because they liked it. He also was too cheap to expand his house so he made them sleep in the back yard (in their beds). This forum had a discussion on items that have been banned in the house because those objects have become annoying. I made a habit of cooking a lot of meals at a convenient time and then eat it as leftovers throughout the week. I've also seen some weird things on the politisim channel. Apparently in simnation politics, llamas, werewolves, and ghosts run for office and the werewolves bite their opponents and dogs sit in meetings with humans. Watch politisim in sims 4, you won't be disappointed.
  • cat_momcat_mom Posts: 36 Member
    Probably cleaning my house (like I should). Or reading a book.
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    oh my what a question!!! I've been a Simmer since...well...Sims!!(the ordinal ) for PC !! I couldn't even think about not having it in my life!! while driving I see houses I want to try and build and wish ppl would have those thought bubbles, *sigh* 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that would make things better (or worse ;) ) haha but just like everyone else I'm a gamer and will be one even when I'm an old lady in a nursing home somewhere, so I would be playing whatever game that catches my eye at the time B)o:):D
    A bit more time to write, and I'd probably be playing Neopets more often ha

OMG I remember Neopets!!! I used to play all the time. I would make little neo families :)<3<3:D
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    verlainem wrote: »
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    I wouldn’t be coping with my mental illness. Sims is a good distraction.

This brings up another topic, I have been thinking about posting. I find when my depression gets bad. I sim, I sim a lot or binge watch tv. Do others find they sim more when mental illness gets bad?

Not a mental illness, but I can say when things got really low for me, it was an outlet to forget my problems for a bit.

If I had a bad day at work I used to create sims to match that or those ppl I couldn't talk back to ( I needed my job) and argue, yell, fistfight, and all that with that person and my sim and I always felt a lot better :) so yep it is a kind of venting outlet too
    Busufu wrote: »
    would hardly not even have a PC :o:D

same here, the real reason I even have a laptop is to play sims :)
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    I'd be drawing or making music.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I'd probably read 150 books a year instead of 80ish. I'd also probably be a lot worse off mentally. I honestly don't think I'd be a gamer beyond like little random mobile games to pass the time. Sims means a lot to me and I'll never stop playing. :)
  • seaprincesshipstseaprincesshipst Posts: 19 Member
    Honestly for me there isn't much else I enjoy sadly, so things would be dark. I only have a pc for sims really lol. Sims gives me some happiness.
  • HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    Right before I played the sims. I loved tycoon games where you can build ur own businesses/parks/etc. I played sim town and sim park before The Sims existed. But I’m sure those wouldn’t exist either if sims didn’t exist. sims really helped me to expand my storytelling and has really gotten me into interior design. I’m so glad it exists tho bc it has easily become my number one favorite game after I started playing sims 1.
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    Honest Answer: Saving more money than I currently am

Real Answer: Playing other PC sandbox games (such as tycoon games) and probably would play on consoles more often since I tend to neglect them for PC Sims.
  • BrocNoodleBrocNoodle Posts: 28 Member
    I'm a gamer even though The Sims is my favorite. I would just be playing a different game.
  • SimSweetySimSweety Posts: 73 Member
    I don't even know probably studying more often :|
  • jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸, I don't like to get emotional, but at some time in the past (about 10 years ago), my relationship with my sister was really bad and the only thing we had in common and was our passion for The Sims, it was the almost only thing we could talk about without fighting. Today we have a really amazing sisterhood relation and without this game, I don't know how we would manage to improve our relationship. I am really thankful that we got to know this game at some time in our lives.
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    I would leave my house more often LOL
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    For me it would not faze me as I play many games and games way before Sims showed up and being I do not delve in the current version much I play other games such Division 2, RE2 Remake and DMC 5, etc.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    Sims is really creative for me, and it's great to have something as a middle-aged person that makes me giggle and feel such joy. If life didn't have Sims for me, my creative time would be more serious (which isn't always a good thing!) and my play time would be less creative. I'd have one fewer creative outlet overall, and none that was narrative. And I'd not have gotten to know so many awesome people online who make my life a whole lot richer.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Probably would still be drawing and designing a simulated life on paper as I did as a kid with paperdolls before Sims ever came out, and be more productive around the house.
    WbUrFQm.png