Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Everything We Need in TS4 University (when it comes out)

There's probably going to be a University EP for TS4 since the public has been asking for it so much, so I decided to list EVERYTHING that I think needs to be in the game. I understand if it isn't possible, but I'd prefer to have at least half of these features in it once it comes out.

-Laptops
I know we got them with Strangerville, but I think we need special ones for University Students! You should be able to do things on these "study laptops" that you can't do on regular computers. For example, we should be able to study for classes, but only one at a time per laptop. And if a sim owns more than one laptop they can study for multiple classes at once, but this should result in a stressed moodlet, which I'll get to in a second. You should also be able to take online classes from these!

-New Stressed Mood
I know tense is kinda like stressed, but I feel like it doesn't cut it. And I KNOW EPs can add new moods because of the Possessed one from Strangerville. If you don't want to that's fine since this is towards the bottom of my list, but if you have the time to do it I'd love that! Also, they should have an animation of putting their hand of their forehead in frustration when they have this mood.

-Bunk Beds and/or Loft Beds
This is self-explanatory. University's/Colleges have dorms. Dorms are typically shared with one other person. Hence the need for bunk beds. Loft beds so you can fit a desk under them! Also, you should be able to place these (and the laptops) in places other than a University.

-Roommates
I think we need these for a more realistic touch. I have never played TS2, but I've heard that the University EP for it had roommates that we FREAKING NPC's and that is amazing!

-New World/Worlds and World Type
You know how Granite Falls and Selvadorada are separated from the rest of the worlds in the game because you can't live there? Something like that should be added with a university, with a new world type called University. There should be around 2-3 at least so your sim can have options, and each of them should have one program that has better results for that specific school. Like, let's say there were four majors included with the pack.
One was agriculture, one was business, one was arts, and the other was sports activities. Then there were four schools, the Willow Pandas, the Oasis Llamas, the Newcrest Bunnies, and Princess Cordelia school of the Arts. Each school would have more successful graduates in one specific area. Obviously, Princess Cordelia school for the Arts would have more successful students that have the Arts degree, and so forth. And they should all cost different expenses too. Your Sim should also be able to get multiple degrees, such as a Business and then an Arts.

-Graduation
This is a huge event in a real humans life, so why not for Sims too? And if you have the Seasons EP, it should show up on the calendar once the date for your graduation has been secured. Your grades should also affect how quickly you graduate!

-New Life Stage
I feel like if this didn't come with the pack too much would be happening during the YA life stage. The new Life stage should be called "Graduate" or something similar and should last slightly longer than how long it takes an average student to graduate from University. If a sim chooses not to go to College, they should be able to choose some low paying jobs as well.

-The ability to simply move someone out (would be better in a patch though...)
Isn't it so annoying that you can't simply move your sim out into a house and that you have to either create a whole new person in that house then move them out or move them into a house that already has people? Yeah. I feel ya. I think that as soon as a sim ages up into a Graduate if you have the EP or a YA if you don't you should have the option to, after choosing their traits, either send them to University if you have the pack, move them out, or let them stay.

If you agree with this, let me know. Also, let me know if you know any are impossible or if you disagree or if you have more ideas to add on. I want the Sim Gurus to hear us!
funny-gifs20.gif

Comments

• EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey there, just moved this over to the Ideas corner :smile:
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Most of your ideas are same as mine when I think about what University pack would be
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • BlustreakBlustreak Posts: 2 New Member
    Maby add a major for IT since u can be a Tech guru, and what about cheerleaders as a new club or something.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    There's probably going to be a University EP for TS4 since the public has been asking for it so much, so I decided to list EVERYTHING that I think needs to be in the game. I understand if it isn't possible, but I'd prefer to have at least half of these features in it once it comes out.

-Laptops
    I know we got them with Strangerville, but I think we need special ones for University Students! You should be able to do things on these "study laptops" that you can't do on regular computers. For example, we should be able to study for classes, but only one at a time per laptop. And if a sim owns more than one laptop they can study for multiple classes at once, but this should result in a stressed moodlet, which I'll get to in a second. You should also be able to take online classes from these!

-New Stressed Mood
    I know tense is kinda like stressed, but I feel like it doesn't cut it. And I KNOW EPs can add new moods because of the Possessed one from Strangerville. If you don't want to that's fine since this is towards the bottom of my list, but if you have the time to do it I'd love that! Also, they should have an animation of putting their hand of their forehead in frustration when they have this mood.

-Bunk Beds and/or Loft Beds
    This is self-explanatory. University's/Colleges have dorms. Dorms are typically shared with one other person. Hence the need for bunk beds. Loft beds so you can fit a desk under them! Also, you should be able to place these (and the laptops) in places other than a University.

-Roommates
    I think we need these for a more realistic touch. I have never played TS2, but I've heard that the University EP for it had roommates that we FREAKING NPC's and that is amazing!

-New World/Worlds and World Type
    You know how Granite Falls and Selvadorada are separated from the rest of the worlds in the game because you can't live there? Something like that should be added with a university, with a new world type called University. There should be around 2-3 at least so your sim can have options, and each of them should have one program that has better results for that specific school. Like, let's say there were four majors included with the pack.
    One was agriculture, one was business, one was arts, and the other was sports activities. Then there were four schools, the Willow Pandas, the Oasis Llamas, the Newcrest Bunnies, and Princess Cordelia school of the Arts. Each school would have more successful graduates in one specific area. Obviously, Princess Cordelia school for the Arts would have more successful students that have the Arts degree, and so forth. And they should all cost different expenses too. Your Sim should also be able to get multiple degrees, such as a Business and then an Arts.

-Graduation
    This is a huge event in a real humans life, so why not for Sims too? And if you have the Seasons EP, it should show up on the calendar once the date for your graduation has been secured. Your grades should also affect how quickly you graduate!

-New Life Stage
    I feel like if this didn't come with the pack too much would be happening during the YA life stage. The new Life stage should be called "Graduate" or something similar and should last slightly longer than how long it takes an average student to graduate from University. If a sim chooses not to go to College, they should be able to choose some low paying jobs as well.

-The ability to simply move someone out (would be better in a patch though...)
    Isn't it so annoying that you can't simply move your sim out into a house and that you have to either create a whole new person in that house then move them out or move them into a house that already has people? Yeah. I feel ya. I think that as soon as a sim ages up into a Graduate if you have the EP or a YA if you don't you should have the option to, after choosing their traits, either send them to University if you have the pack, move them out, or let them stay.

If you agree with this, let me know. Also, let me know if you know any are impossible or if you disagree or if you have more ideas to add on. I want the Sim Gurus to hear us!

Cool ideas dude i would just like to make one addtion if I may. I would like a lecture (active) Job you know so we can use the universty for more then just a couple of years in outside Sims lives.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    @Blustreak and @doogerie, I think you both have great ideas! I also made this when I was half asleep, so I was bound to miss something...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    You literally spoke my mind! I thought about the same things as well, great ideas.
    The only thing I disagree with is having multiple university worlds. They should rather focus on one university and make it fully fledged-out like in Sims 3.

I also really want roommates as NPCs, if you for example live in a dorm.
    But you should also have the option to have NPC roommates at home. They would lower bill costs, but can't be played.
    a256aFi.gif
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited March 2019
    Higher paying careers if your sims went to college. Realistically, you're not going to be a doctor if your formal education stopped at High School. Im open to Sims still taking on those jobs and never going to college, but if the Sim went to college first you can expect a nice immediate boost to their paychecks as well as progress toward their next promotion is a little faster.

Ill probably be in the minority, but I'd like my sims to pay tuition. Like perhaps 1,000 simoleans per semester. If you dont pay, you either get kicked out of school and have to start over again or are unable to take classes for awhile.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    @InuMiroLover I want tuition fees too! Don't they make perfect sense?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Tuition loans would be nice. A poor student shouldn't miss out but they'll just be slumped with early debt... I'd also like mortgages so families can move into houses they can't afford.

School related things I want that i think would fit
    Online college, they do their class tests online, attend webinars, etc for a cheaper r mpre flexible option to education
    Private school, I don't mind not attending it but would like it like the sims 2 where it's a prestige thing, it could give a boost to university options if you get into private school beforehand
    Boarding schools similar to ts3 ones. Sometimes my rich couples want the best for the kids without actually looking after all them.
    I'd like a sort of preparatory college portfolio where the sims score (for scholarships) is calculated based on homework done on time, volunteering, maintaining a job, building character values etc. It could be another grade bar beside the school grades.

Item/object/service
    - More take away! The foods there for a Chinese, Japanese, Italian, chippy, Indian etc there just need cartons designed
    - sofa beds, or the ability to properly sleep with a blanket on a sofa
    - Kegs, beer pong style game or quarters
    - this assumes we've got a car system (I've a post somewhere on how it can be implemented and make sense in the closed world), expanding with bicycles and scooters for getting around campus
    - as someone without a Greek system in my country I'd love sororities and frats with toga parties.

I personally think the YA stage is fine for uni age, but it would be nice to set custom day lengths per stage so you can have as much time as you want for it.
    caitytrina.png
  • dimples7377dimples7377 Posts: 53 Member
    Loft beds and bunk beds yes totally I have downloaded ones right now they work but i cant put a desk under them i would also like jr loft beds or double loft beds. Murphy beds more sports soccer net golf pad and the kids should be allowed to use it.