Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Top 10 Reasons Why StrangerVille is the Worst GP yet [SPOILERS]

13...Next

Comments

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Naus wrote: »
    TOP 10 REASONS WHY STRANGERVILLE IS THE WORST GAME PACK YET

1- Story is very linear and can be finished in less than 2 hours. It has little replay value.

1) The mother plant can be used for a "Little Shop of Horrors" story. Look up the Broadway play to learn more about it. I think that would be fun to play out. Is it possible to have the mother plant in other worlds? "Little Shop of Horrors" was set in a city. If not, Strangerville will do.

Heck, why not let her be the mother of all Cowplants? Would fit the "Feed me! Seymore" thing the Cow Plants are already doing...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited March 2019
    Aine wrote: »
    I figured the reason the "vaccine" (or whatever it should be called) works both against the infection in sims and the mother plant herself is because it contains stuff that destroys anything related to that plant (and therefore, its influence). But then again, I'm a total layperson when it comes to that branch of science, I didn't even know a vaccine doesn't work anymore when it's administered after you've already become infected with something, which means Resident Evil got it wrong, too, by calling the cocktail Claire brews up to cure Sherry of the G-virus a "vaccine".

But then again, we're talking about a game where people can store huge amounts of stuff in their personal inventories even when their clothes have no pockets, woodworking is lumped together with electrical engineering in one skill, songs take longer to write than books, everyone can become a doctor or an astronaut with just one call, and sims can travel to supposedly far-away vacation worlds in literally no time. I get that not everyone likes the same things (for me personally, StrangerVille is the best GP so far), but it's a little late to start questioning the game's realism now, isn't it?
    I always questioned how in Sims 3 that a sims inventory was so huge it could fit a car in it.😂
    Yeah were does sims keep the dirty dishes in their inventory - in their pants? :D
    I know right.🤣

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited March 2019
    Idk. The cats and dogs get a shot or ingest a treat to cure their crazy illnesses. I don't think throwing a vaccine that they took the trouble to make is rationally going to do it, even in a sims game. These are not plant sims. It makes 0 sense. It would make more sense if you gave each of your sims a vaccine they could self inject during the battle. Idk.
    Post edited by Katlyn2525 on
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    Idk. The cats and dogs get a shot or injest a treat to cure their crazy illnesses. I don't think throwing a vacine that they took the trouble to make is rationally going to do it, even in a sims game. These are not plant sims. It makes 0 sense. It would make more sense if you gave each of your sims a vacine they could self inject during the battle. Idk.

I have a degree in biochemistry and I actually don't have a problem with the vaccine in the Strangerville pack.

There are two types of immunity that can be created: active and passive. The following is from the CDC website.
    Active Immunity
    Active immunity results when exposure to a disease organism triggers the immune system to produce antibodies to that disease. Exposure to the disease organism can occur through infection with the actual disease (resulting in natural immunity), or introduction of a killed or weakened form of the disease organism through vaccination (vaccine-induced immunity). Either way, if an immune person comes into contact with that disease in the future, their immune system will recognize it and immediately produce the antibodies needed to fight it.

Active immunity is long-lasting, and sometimes life-long.

Passive Immunity
    Passive immunity is provided when a person is given antibodies to a disease rather than producing them through his or her own immune system.

A newborn baby acquires passive immunity from its mother through the placenta. A person can also get passive immunity through antibody-containing blood products such as immune globulin, which may be given when immediate protection from a specific disease is needed. This is the major advantage to passive immunity; protection is immediate, whereas active immunity takes time (usually several weeks) to develop.

However, passive immunity lasts only for a few weeks or months

Antibodies can also be created in the lab with the use of monoclonal antibodies.

Since the effect of the vaccine on sims is temporary, you need to re-vaccinate your allies if you leave it too long before you confront the mother, it clear that the second type of immunity is being created.

So what you are throwing at Mother in the battle are bottles of monoclonal antibodies.

There are worse offences against science in the Sims 4 (*cough* Sixam orbital dynamics *cough*)

tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    While I agree with some of these I wouldn’t say it’s The worse Game pack.

Pros

- We get a New world that’s beautiful and big for a gamepack.
    - The story and theme are different and are things we haven’t seen before.
    - We get laptops.
    - The build/buy victorian items are great
    - The militant career is back. You can be a soldier or a “Men in Black”.
    - We get a new trait “paranoid”.

Cons
    - Not everyone will like the story.
    - The only way to eat rid of the infection is to play the story.
    - The boss fight at the end isn’t something that feels like the sims.
    - Only one fishing location and no new fish. It would be nice to have access to the river.
    - The new plants are not in the build mode.
    - The laptops can’t close.

You can skip the story with cheats: https://sims-online.com/sims-4-strangerville-cheats-complete-storyline/#skipstoryline Kludgy but effective.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Naus wrote: »
    Melpomena wrote: »
    @SilentKitty

If you haven't finish the story, make sure you don't mind reading this spoiler.
    If you have made more vaccines then necessary for the storyline, you still have vaccines in your inventory when you come to the end, you'll have the opportunity to throw them at the Mother causing more injuries.

That's yet another nonsensical part. A vaccine could never be used that way. Sims just throw glasses of "vaccines" at the plant and they have an instantaneous harmful effect. Vaccines were made earlier in the game to HEAL / free people from Mother's control, so it doesn't make sense that later on they can be used to hurt Mother herself? You're literally throwing at Mother her OWN PATHOGENS! It's a massive plot hole and it's never explained. What kind of deus-ex-vaccines are these? They work exactly how the plot needs them to work at any given moment. They have no consistency or underlying rules.

Honestly, the more I think about the plot in StrangerVille, the angrier I feel THIS is what passes now as an acceptable plot.

In a game where characters spin around to change clothes and teleport around town, you expect REALISM? :o
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    yeah they should have given us the tools so You can create your own type of "RPG" after or something.
    Same with Jungle Adventure instead of tying up the theme, make it a general theme, Jungle, Mesa, Desert, Arabian/Egypt, Grecian/Roman, (I rather traverse a Egypt Temple, and Rome than a Jungle.) give the tools to build and share our own adventure.

Especially Building and our own boss fights, how epic would that have been if I could see my Sorcerer, Werewolf and Huntress fight my Vampire Daemon. or the Dethroned Queen, now a Sorceress, who seeks vengeance.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
    edited March 2019
    Honestly, I'm mostly disappointed with the laptops they gave us. I was dying to have laptops back in the game and was so excited when they announced their return. However, it turned out to just be a reskin of the computers we already have except they're draggable and can be put in inventories. Our sims can't open/close them or carry them around in their hands like in The Sims 3.

Also, why do they look like cheap laptops from 2005?
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2019
    SimsayCD wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm mostly disappointed with the laptops they gave us. I was dying to have laptops back in the game and was so excited when they announced their return. However, it turned out to just be a reskin of the computers we already have except they're draggable and can be put in inventories. Our sims can't open/close them or carry them around in their hands like in The Sims 3.

Also, why do they look like cheap laptops from 2005?

For me that shows the level of technology used in Sims 4 in this day and time what was done in an previous version should be able to done on some stuff if not all and yes, I do find that kind of perplexing that you can't open or close an laptop, also the no depth in snow fall. Some can get with it and some can't.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    Idk. The cats and dogs get a shot or ingest a treat to cure their crazy illnesses. I don't think throwing a vaccine that they took the trouble to make is rationally going to do it, even in a sims game. These are not plant sims. It makes 0 sense. It would make more sense if you gave each of your sims a vaccine they could self inject during the battle. Idk.

I have to agree with you. It doesn't matter how much science went into what they were trying to show, (I doubt anyone researched it would fall within those properties) the vaccine isn't even in a vile is it? I thought I saw them throw some stuff in a regular glass. Maybe that was just the vision I got by hearing they didn't even animate a new animation for curing someone, but used the throw drink animation. Since they aren't plant Sims, yeah, my suspension of disbelief couldn't be found on this one.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.