Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rabbithole Rugs

Hello,

It won't be long before I am ready to test my CAW project. Before I do I want to add rabbithole rugs to my customised community lots.

Two questions.

1. Where can I find an up to date copy of the rabbithole rugs mod? The only one I have found so far is on MTS and is dated 2013.

2. Do I add the rugs to the community lots whilst in game and then upload to CAW through EIG or can I add the rugs to the lots which are already placed in CAW using EIG ?

As always I would be extremely grateful for any help.

Many thanks.

Betty
I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita

Comments

• JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member

You can find most of the rugs here.

If you have them in your mods folder they should show up in like normal in EIG, if not you may need to add them to your CAW packages folder too.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    You can find most of the rugs here.

If you have them in your mods folder they should show up in like normal in EIG, if not you may need to add them to your CAW packages folder too.

Thank you :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    Follow the (rug) creators TOU when it comes time to share your creation.
    Most do not include those rugs with worlds.
    Just sayin'......
    Follow the (rug) creators TOU when it comes time to share your creation.
    Most do not include those rugs with worlds.
    Just sayin'......

I was planning to give credit to the creator of the residential rabbit hole rugs I have downloaded to use should I ever share my world. Not only do they deserve credit but I take the view people deserve to know what has gone into creating something particularly cheats, mods or cc. There are still plenty of players out there who chose to play vanilla.

Sim enim est vita
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    I'm just letting you know because the creator from the above link is very particular about her creations. She's even taken them offline because people abuse her TOU.
    I'm just letting you know because the creator from the above link is very particular about her creations. She's even taken them offline because people abuse her TOU.

I appreciate you doing so. People don't give credit where credit is due. I stopped uploading on the Exchange after a lot of my stuff turned up recoloured. Not that it was particularly special in the first place but it was my effort :)

As for the rabbithole rugs I looked at the above link and could not see rugs for the base game lots. So I found a link on MTS for Jynx's custom rugs which had been adapted for residential use. I am currently using these and as I posted earlier there will a credit for Jynx and the person who adapted the rugs. If I ever find the name, the page on MTS was none too clear on that point.

Sim enim est vita
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited March 2019

I appreciate you doing so. People don't give credit where credit is due. I stopped uploading on the Exchange after a lot of my stuff turned up recoloured. Not that it was particularly special in the first place but it was my effort :)

As for the rabbithole rugs I looked at the above link and could not see rugs for the base game lots. So I found a link on MTS for Jynx's custom rugs which had been adapted for residential use. I am currently using these and as I posted earlier there will a credit for Jynx and the person who adapted the rugs. If I ever find the name, the page on MTS was none too clear on that point.

The ones at MTS were never updated for the Pets Patch which had to be done due to the changes made to the games rabbithole files you can get the updated ones here.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/3gzm37bzzdra71c/Jynx_BaseGameRabbitHole-Rugs-PetsFix.7z
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/2qca8iitfrr88rs/Jynx_LN_RabbitHole-Rugs-PetsFix.7z
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/bxwsu9a6bm19qy4/hexameter_S3_EquestrianCenter-Package.rar

Also Misty has hosted some of her other rabbithole rugs at Sims Asylum http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
    @ScottDemon thank you for posting the info and the links. I am going to show my ignorance now. I found all three links via NRaas but when I downloaded from the first link it only had a couple of files in it. So as I wanted a full set of rabbithole rugs I used the MTS download. Should I have done something different to get updated rabbithole rugs for the full set ? I am very, very new to modding and something of an IT numpty so any help would be appreciated. Also do I have Misty to thank for the adaptation to residential lots ?

Sim enim est vita
    edited March 2019
    @ScottDemon thank you for posting the info and the links. I am going to show my ignorance now. I found all three links via NRaas but when I downloaded from the first link it only had a couple of files in it. So as I wanted a full set of rabbithole rugs I used the MTS download. Should I have done something different to get updated rabbithole rugs for the full set ? I am very, very new to modding and something of an IT numpty so any help would be appreciated. Also do I have Misty to thank for the adaptation to residential lots ?

You might have clicked the Late Night version of the RH rugs by mistake as that one only had I think like 3 or 4. Or you could've posted in the Chatterbox to ask for them I think at one time the links had directed to an alternate download that didn't have them all.
    Jinx made a Bistro rug but it seems to have been lost but Misty (aka Margaret Pendragon) has a Bistro rug over Sims Asylum and the Supernatural rugs are there also.

Rabbitholes whether they are rugs or the buildings really shoudn't be on residential lots that can cause sims to get confused on where to go. I remember one time I had placed the Grocery Store rug on my sims lot and every sim in town came over to use that rug.

Also don't install the Barcelona rugs with the Supernatural rugs or with the Bistro rug. As the Barcelona rugs contains 2 of the 3 Supernatural rugs and Bistro rug best to get those by themselves and also note that Misty has merged the Supernatural rugs to save space and to prevent them from getting lost so even though its one file in the download there are 3 rugs in that file.
    Post edited by ScottDemon on
    edited March 2019
    @ScottDemon thank you again for the information. You were quite right when I checked my recycle bin it was the LN version I had downloaded. I have now downloaded the Pets version as well.

I am probably being very stupid but as I said I am very new to modding. I have already installed and started to use Winterhart's rugs for residential lots. According to the MTS page these are also suitable for community lots. However I read your comment about the grocery store and panicked.

So if I remove the rugs I have already placed in my CAW community lots and then delete the mod, will that be sufficient action before I install the two downloads you provided links for ?

My next question is for anyone reading who might know. I am getting confused about the correct etiquette for putting the world on the Exchange with these rugs included. Should I do this or is it better to leave out the rugs and let people add their own, if they download.

Edited to add any help would be much appreciated. I really need to progress Fenbury as I have another CAW project in mind and it is nagging at me :)

Sim enim est vita
    edited March 2019
    @ScottDemon thank you again for the information. You were quite right when I checked my recycle bin it was the LN version I had downloaded. I have now downloaded the Pets version as well.

I am probably being very stupid but as I said I am very new to modding. I have already installed and started to use Winterhart's rugs for residential lots. According to the MTS page these are also suitable for community lots. However I read your comment about the grocery store and panicked.

So if I remove the rugs I have already placed in my CAW community lots and then delete the mod, will that be sufficient action before I install the two downloads you provided links for ?

My next question is for anyone reading who might know. I am getting confused about the correct etiquette for putting the world on the Exchange with these rugs included. Should I do this or is it better to leave out the rugs and let people add their own, if they download.

Edited to add any help would be much appreciated. I really need to progress Fenbury as I have another CAW project in mind and it is nagging at me :)

Removing the Winterhart ones should be fine.
    And the third download link I left for the LN version also has the pets fix if you want to use the combo rabbithole rugs or want the subway rug that comes with it but don't mix the subway rugs with the subway rabbitholes they don't get along with each other. And if you use Nraas GoHere it doesn't always get along with the subway rugs either.

I would probably leave the rugs out of the Exchange and let users decide on what to do as a lot of people don't use the rugs or even know that they exist.

I myself have stopped placing them in CAW and just place them after I'm done with the finished world in Edit Town in case I wanted to change something or the place I want to put them so I don't have to hunt down which lot I have them.
    @ScottDemon thank you again :)

Sim enim est vita